Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Gunn will be the man for next season......

Surely the fact that he is releasing players early and planning pre-season tricks to Scotland suggest he already has the job.

Also I simply cannot believe they would have brought in Crook and Butterworth for the sake of a few months.

I understand most fans would like a new man appointed, but I think that debate is pointless, because Gunn will be allowed to carry on no matter what happens on Sunday.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Surely the fact that he is releasing players early and planning pre-season tricks to Scotland suggest he already has the job.

Also I simply cannot believe they would have brought in Crook and Butterworth for the sake of a few months.

I understand most fans would like a new man appointed, but I think that debate is pointless, because Gunn will be allowed to carry on no matter what happens on Sunday.[/quote]Well if that does happen then i fear that we really could be in for a very long stay in League one or worse. Not because Gunn is manager but because if the board appoint him then it will show that they are not serious about getting back to the Championship.

Bryan Gunn is not a manager and should just go back to being a scout or whatever he was before. Unfortunately I fear that the board will still have him as manager as he will be the usual cheap option. I see the board coming up with something along the lines of he had a good try of keeping us

All three signed until the end of this season. I would have hopes not even are hapless board would have promised them anything.

As stated before Crooky is in digs and can return quite easily back to his family in Oz.

I, for one, want them all out and replaced with a coaching team combining real experience and promise.

seems they will be getting the deduction this year as long as "they come out of administration correctly"

what ever that means, was confirmed by the football league on their website. Seems harsh on southampton leeds luton and alike

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10419~1644479,00.html

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Gunn is still in charge thats another season you can write off before it even starts.
[/quote]

I agree. I don''t, though, regard the recent player releases and announcement of the pre-season tour as any sort of sign he''ll definitely be kept on. These things have to be done regardless - and Norwich often tour Scotland pre-season! God knows, this board has surprised me in the wrong direction time and rime again; but at this point, I have a degree of hope they won''t be so stupid as to give him the permanent gig.

Really can''t figure out how releasing players etc is indicative of the managerial situation. These are issues that need to be sorted out fairly shortly - they''re not going to just go away to allow the managerial situation to be sorted.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Surely the fact that he is releasing players early and planning pre-season tricks to Scotland suggest he already has the job. Also I simply cannot believe they would have brought in Crook and Butterworth for the sake of a few months. I understand most fans would like a new man appointed, but I think that debate is pointless, because Gunn will be allowed to carry on no matter what happens on Sunday.[/quote]

I will fully support Gunny be the main man if he give the chance for the youngsters next season, and did not keep wasting money to buy other team''s reserves players

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Gunn is still in charge thats another season you can write off before it even starts.
[/quote]

Hexactly!

I predict a trip to the fourth division if Fester is kept on!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Surely the fact that he is releasing players early and planning pre-season tricks to Scotland suggest he already has the job. Also I simply cannot believe they would have brought in Crook and Butterworth for the sake of a few months. I understand most fans would like a new man appointed, but I think that debate is pointless, because Gunn will be allowed to carry on no matter what happens on Sunday.[/quote]

Thanks Jim. I was having a really good day till I read your post!!

I in no way mean any offence by this but what the heck has happened to Bryan Gunns facial skin? Does anybody know? I swear it wasnt like that before he took the job?

I really,really,hope you have got this all wrong,Jim. Nothing against Gunn,but he is not a coach/manager,and NEVER will be,I''m afraid. His talents lie elsewhere. Can''t see Butterworth or Chippy making the grade either.

What we need is a management setup well versed in the school of hard knocks that is Lge One,and who know their way round it. Leicester did it with Nigel Pearson,and,just for once,the board should change the habits of a lifetime,and show some ambition and go out and get the RIGHT man for the job.

If they won''t,then they should stand aside and let someone who will.