Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

No knee jerk reactions !

Neil Doncaster''s column today reads like an episode of " Yes Minister".

He says supporters must understand that there will be no " knee jerk " reactions to this awful season.

He goes on to hint that answers will only come after  "the fullness of time", "after much debate", "in many weeks time" etc etc.

And guess what they will do after that ? = give the managers job to Gunny ! 

Once the anger of relegation has faded and many supporters have been persuaded to forgo their 20 % season ticket guess what they will do ? = give the managers job to Gunny.

Gunny, as I have said before is a Canary Legend but he is the cheap option and the lacking in ambition option.

Roger Munby said at the Awards Dinner that "whatever happens the club is being run by the right people and going in the right direction" To me this means Gunny is going to be the Manager next year, so come on city lets have some honesty and stop treating supporters like musrooms. 

I predicted weeks ago that they would try to hang on to our 20%. Well they can whistle for mine. I want it back. I wouldn''t trust this lot with my kids''dinner money! No amount of emotional blackmail, investing in the playing staff etc will change my mind. They have duffed it up and I''m not paying the price fore their inability to manage a business properly.

I really hope Gunny doesnt get it full time. I''d be happy to see him go back to his player recruitment role, as he obviously has a decent eye for a player (i.e Mooney, McDonald, Gow etc) and he knows the budgets that we will be working to.

In the management department we need a fresh face, but then that could be applied to a higher level too. If we go down Gunny has failed to do his job and some on here may argue that Doncaster has too?

[quote user="canarytim"]

Neil Doncaster''s column today reads like an episode of " Yes Minister".

He says supporters must understand that there will be no " knee jerk " reactions to this awful season.

He goes on to hint that answers will only come after  "the fullness of time", "after much debate", "in many weeks time" etc etc.

And guess what they will do after that ? = give the managers job to Gunny ! 

Once the anger of relegation has faded and many supporters have been persuaded to forgo their 20 % season ticket guess what they will do ? = give the managers job to Gunny.

Gunny, as I have said before is a Canary Legend but he is the cheap option and the lacking in ambition option.

Roger Munby said at the Awards Dinner that "whatever happens the club is being run by the right people and going in the right direction" To me this means Gunny is going to be the Manager next year, so come on city lets have some honesty and stop treating supporters like musrooms. 

[/quote]

I''d like to know how Munby can say the club is going in the right direction, unless of course the right direction is backwards.

[quote user="SNAP"]I predicted weeks ago that they would try to hang on to our 20%. Well they can whistle for mine. I want it back. I wouldn''t trust this lot with my kids''dinner money! No amount of emotional blackmail, investing in the playing staff etc will change my mind. They have duffed it up and I''m not paying the price fore their inability to manage a business properly.[/quote]Here here,perfectly said.

[quote user="SNAP"]I predicted weeks ago that they would try to hang on to our 20%. Well they can whistle for mine. I want it back. I wouldn''t trust this lot with my kids''dinner money! No amount of emotional blackmail, investing in the playing staff etc will change my mind. They have duffed it up and I''m not paying the price fore their inability to manage a business properly.[/quote]TBH anyone with a bit of grey matter guessed the club would try an scrab it back.

If now isn''t the time for a knee jerk reaction I don''t know when will be- We need a knee jerk reaction or we''ll be in the conference like Oxford in two years.