Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

3000 will jack in their season tickets if we go down???

if we go down - i forecast that upto 3-4k ST holders will try to wriggle out of their contracts with the club - especially cos the economy is deteriorating month by month - with corresponding increases in unemployment...i think this is a fair guess - any other viwes???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if we go down - i forecast that upto 3-4k ST holders will try to wriggle out of their contracts with the club - especially cos the economy is deteriorating month by month - with corresponding increases in unemployment...

i think this is a fair guess - any other viwes???
[/quote]

3-4 thousand seems rather high to me. I think some will give up but I would suggest no more than about 1500.

I don''t see why it would be ''wriggling out'' of anything - people had to renew as early as possible to get the best price, but most will presumably have done so with the idea of watching Championship football.  So it would be fair enough, imo, if some decided to cancel.  You might be right with 3-4k, but I''d probably go for a lower figure of perhaps 1,500.  I won''t be one of them, though. 

I am still undecided about this 15/20% refund for if/when we go down.  It costs me £45 in petrol for the 300-mile round trip to games and I think I''m owed the one and a half ''free'' matches it would give me - particularly given the crap we''ve had served up for the last few seasons (and it was their offer: if they didn''t want to back it up they shouldn''t have made it)....but the (17000 x) £70 that it would give the club might help in the transfer market at a time when they''ll need every penny they can get.  It is a toughie and when push comes to shove, the money is ''gone'' already and I probably won''t call it back.    

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I don''t see why it would be ''wriggling out'' of anything - people had to renew as early as possible to get the best price, but most will presumably have done so with the idea of watching Championship football.  So it would be fair enough, imo, if some decided to cancel.  You might be right with 3-4k, but I''d probably go for a lower figure of perhaps 1,500.  I won''t be one of them, though. 

I am still undecided about this 15/20% refund for if/when we go down.  It costs me £45 in petrol for the 300-mile round trip to games and I think I''m owed the one and a half ''free'' matches it would give me - particularly given the crap we''ve had served up for the last few seasons (and it was their offer: if they didn''t want to back it up they shouldn''t have made it)....but the (17000 x) £70 that it would give the club might help in the transfer market at a time when they''ll need every penny they can get.  It is a toughie and when push comes to shove, the money is ''gone'' already and I probably won''t call it back.    

[/quote]

Help in the transfer market!, Do you really expect us to buy anyone with that refund money? - Do yourself a favour use the £70 as a reward for sitting through this shite this season.

[/quote]you''ve hit on the moral argument - but maybe thats already covered in the small print regarding the 15/20% discount - in that the ST applicants were made aware of the possibility of relegation before entering into the agreement - so maybe both morally and legally to cancel would be to do so on iffy ground...

[/quote]

Exactly, recall your money Dickle and watch Delia & Doomy squirm.

Maybe they will have to sack Doomy if you and everybody else recalls it???

Can you really see them spending the £1,190,000 in the transfer market?

I can''t.

Maybe they could ask which player the fans would like to see the money spent on if they were to go for that option?

If I had a season ticket and they said that they would sign Ricky Lambert with the money it may be considering letting them keep the money.

But do you trust anything that they say anymore???

Hope a few don''t renew as I want to move into the Barclay.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Maldini, I am aiming to move from the Barclay, where is your seat at the moment?[/quote]Jarrold :$ Moved there with my 2 mates when it opened and we were a bit younger. Now we all want to move to the Barclay cos the Jarrolds not really lively is it! No chance at the moment though.

Yeah I had a season ticket in the Jarrold the season after the Prem, great view but not for those wanting an atmosphere - I''m in the Upper Barclay at the moment but hoping there will be some spare in the lower Barclay or the Snakepit.

Speaking of which, if we go down, would the atmosphere decrease as well? Can''t see Carrow Road having the same buzz as it does with 25,000 people in it...

[quote user="maldini"]Hope a few don''t renew as I want to move into the Barclay.
[/quote]

There''ll be at least one seat in the lower Barclay because if Smith and Jones are still here come the final deadline at the end of May I won''t be renewing.

paid for my season ticket up front so do not have the option of getting out of it and wouldn''t want to anyway. NCFC are my team and no matter how incompetent the Board are I will continue to support the team on the pitch.

However, whilst the aforementioned incompetents remain in charge they have no chance on me waiving on the rebate if we go down.

Would quite happily pay double though if Delia and Co bog off and a new owner came in with a 20 million pound transfer war chest!

If you are paying by debit debit it is not difficult to cancel your renewal - you have the right to cancel (in writing) at any point up until the start of the season and you are entitled to receive a full refund of any monies that you have already paid.

[quote user="Posh Yella"]

If you are paying by debit debit it is not difficult to cancel your renewal - you have the right to cancel (in writing) at any point up until the start of the season and you are entitled to receive a full refund of any monies that you have already paid.

[/quote]

Exactly.  It''s not a case of trying to wriggle out of anything.  The same applies if you''ve paid the full amount up front.  The contract does not come into effect until the season starts because you''ve paid for something you haven''t received.

In 2006/7 I had a three year ST with a year to run but I cancelled it before the season started, no problem. 

Maybe those worried that they might be depriving the Club of one million pounds plus for transfers by claiming the £70 should ask themselves how much the club spent on transfers out the £400 they paid the club last year or the year before?Profits on player trading for four consecutive years might look good in the books but it sure looks bad on the pitch.

half the season ticket allocation is made up of children, paying £10 to £20 a season.......... if we go down this is the price the club has to pay due to there miss management!

[quote user="Buckethead"]Maybe those worried that they might be depriving the Club of one million pounds plus for transfers by claiming the £70 should ask themselves how much the club spent on transfers out the £400 they paid the club last year or the year before?Profits on player trading for four consecutive years might look good in the books but it sure looks bad on the pitch.[/quote]

If 3,000 or so "Supporters"? do cancel their S/tickets that is their right (In my opinion) BUT , any and all reduction in income will push the club nearer to financial melt down. I know there a few on here that think going bust would be a good thing but, in reality we could see our club disapear forever .

[quote user="sturgeon220"]If 3,000 or so "Supporters"? do cancel their S/tickets that is their right (In my opinion) BUT , any and all reduction in income will push the club nearer to financial melt down. I know there a few on here that think going bust would be a good thing but, in reality we could see our club disapear forever .
[/quote]

People who cancel their STs can still support the team - surprise surprise casual tickets do exist!  The real point of cancelling is not to stop going altogether (though some may choose to) but to make the board try a bit harder in the football department in order to get bums on seats.  It''s about time we realised that we''re part of the wider football family not a little island in a world of our own, and started doing what normal football fans do - sending out a message by voting with our feet.

I don''t think going bust would be a good thing but if it''s going to happen I''d rather it was now before we slide further down the league.  We stand more chance of attracting a buyer (provided the price is right) while there''s still a chance of getting us into a two tier Premiership, which in my view is likely to become a reality within the next five years.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="sturgeon220"]If 3,000 or so "Supporters"? do cancel their S/tickets that is their right (In my opinion) BUT , any and all reduction in income will push the club nearer to financial melt down. I know there a few on here that think going bust would be a good thing but, in reality we could see our club disapear forever .[/quote]

People who cancel their STs can still support the team - surprise surprise casual tickets do exist!  The real point of cancelling is not to stop going altogether (though some may choose to) but to make the board try a bit harder in the football department in order to get bums on seats.  It''s about time we realised that we''re part of the wider football family not a little island in a world of our own, and started doing what normal football fans do - sending out a message by voting with our feet.

I don''t think going bust would be a good thing but if it''s going to happen I''d rather it was now before we slide further down the league.  We stand more chance of attracting a buyer (provided the price is right) while there''s still a chance of getting us into a two tier Premiership, which in my view is likely to become a reality within the next five years.

[/quote]If that became reality i would quit football all together .

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="sturgeon220"]If 3,000 or so "Supporters"? do cancel their S/tickets that is their right (In my opinion) BUT , any and all reduction in income will push the club nearer to financial melt down. I know there a few on here that think going bust would be a good thing but, in reality we could see our club disapear forever .
[/quote]

[/quote]

If that became reality i would quit football all together .
[/quote]

Not an attractive prospect I agree, but probably inevitable.  Money talks, and lack of money talks even louder. 

In my view this is probably what''s attracted big investors to the Championship in recent years - they know they can''t all get into the Prem and stay there, but they''re jockeying for position when the cut is made for a two tier Prem.  No relegation to the Champ is at least as big a carrot as the possibility of Premiership glory.   Get enough big owners to vote for it and it will happen.

If we''re not part of it the alternative will be oblivion as a full time professional football club.  Not much of a choice, is it?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on Canarycherub, I have cancelled my season ticket but will go to games on a casual basis next season. If a few thousand did the same it would make the boards position untenable and they would be forced to practically give the club away. I love the club but there''s no way I''m going to keep paying all that money up front when the board can''t even keep their side of the bargain and ensure we have a team that is our own that is good enough to compete. When they are gone and we have new owners I would gladly pay a bit more for my st if it meant having a better team.

Will I claim my rebate if we are relegated ?

I would like to help the club along but whilst they pay Doncaster in excess of £3000 per week  I feel the paltry sum I would receive is insignificant. The rebate would be spent more wisely by me than the board. Sack Doncaster and I will reconsider.