Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

Mcveigh Latest!!

What is the current situation regarding the priceless Mcveigh?

As i understand he is out of contract in the summer and i have heard very little about a new contract offer..

Come on the board,management team we can''t afford another Kenton,Judas Marshall situation cropping up again!!

The lad is premiership class and lets hope he can be there with us!!

Yep, I totaly agree, lets not get too caught up in the Huckerby / Crouch debate, when we have another quality attacker in McVeigh already on our books. Imagine how excited we would be if we were about to sign him on a free - we are pretty much in that situation now if we extend his contract.

My realistic bet is that we extend Crouch''s loan, but lose Huckerby, so long as it is not to Wigan or another competitor. We keep Green & Drury for the moment & get another striker on loan. I just hope he is good enough to maintain our push for the top two spots.

But, we must not let McVeigh go.

Yea cannot agree more.. Mcveigh is well able when played in the right place, if we manage to keep Crouch, what a partership we could have.. I keep saying on my forum letz pleeze forget about buying Hucks, it ain''t going to happen, we have 10 or so other players we can talk about and give our support too

As Paul is 26 in December, he and his agent are perfectly entitled to do nothing until the 1st January 2004 and then see what offers, if any, are available for his services. The clubs can make as many offers it likes, if Paul doesn''t want to talk, there isn''t much the club can do about it.

That said, just because we''ve heard nothing in public, doesn''t mean talks aren''t going on in private.

Bear in mind that the club has previously stated that they don''t conduct contract talks via the media and this seems a perfectly satisfactory way to conduct such business.

We are just going to have to wait and see.