Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Plymouth you owe us

As far as I''m concerned the Plymouth game at home has put us in this position,

Firstly and most importantly it was in this game that Hoolihan was injured and I honestly believe this has been the biggest loss of our this season. People have been singing the praises of Gow but for me he''s not a patch on Wes. We have missed his creativity and willingness to look for the ball - whilst others chose to hide - I admit not everything he''s done this season has worked but in my mind he should have won player of the year.

Secondly it was in this game that Rusty got himself sent off leaving us short of an attacking midfielder for 3 games during this 3 game spell I belive we collected 1 point.

So to readdress the balance only a win on Sunday against Barnsley will enable me to stomach another Ginster cornish pasty.

In the 6 games since plymouth at home we have picked up just 4 points, scoring just 6 goals - at a stage when we seemed to have found a winning formula with Wes and croft wide and gow and mooney up front.    I raised the wes issue in another thread and I completely agree with you - his influence has been hugely missed.

I also feel that the introduction of Lee has also had a detrimental effect - he came in for those 6 games.   It seems that once again rather than using a target man to build around the players have resorted to simply lumping a ball at lee,  rather than playing a ball to him,   Lee presence has made the other players, and to a large degree the coaching staff, lazy.

As far as Rusty is concerned we are the same with or without him - he is an invisible player for us except when getting himself booked or sent off - he has no positive impact. 

The loss of Hoolahan,  and the movement from the attacking line up chosen to be lost be starting with lee,  are the two biggest influencers on whether we survive this season or not;  one was a result of a reckless unpunished tackle by the plymouth player, the other a deliberate choice by our coaching management.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

In the 6 games since plymouth at home we have picked up just 4 points, scoring just 6 goals - at a stage when we seemed to have found a winning formula with Wes and croft wide and gow and mooney up front.    I raised the wes issue in another thread and I completely agree with you - his influence has been hugely missed.

I also feel that the introduction of Lee has also had a detrimental effect - he came in for those 6 games.   It seems that once again rather than using a target man to build around the players have resorted to simply lumping a ball at lee,  rather than playing a ball to him,   Lee presence has made the other players, and to a large degree the coaching staff, lazy.

As far as Rusty is concerned we are the same with or without him - he is an invisible player for us except when getting himself booked or sent off - he has no positive impact. 

The loss of Hoolahan,  and the movement from the attacking line up chosen to be lost be starting with lee,  are the two biggest influencers on whether we survive this season or not;  one was a result of a reckless unpunished tackle by the plymouth player, the other a deliberate choice by our coaching management.

[/quote]agreed with the ''lee bit'' - it looked encouraging at brum - but not so clever since - we''re not scoring again,,,

Am I the only person that thinks that it''s us that will blow it this weekend?I can see Plymouth winning, with us struggling to get a draw at Charlton.

I completely think we will fizzle out with a 0-0 draw if we play like we have done recently.  I think Plymouth will beat Barnsley convincingly as well.

For me we need to make some serious changes, dropping Lee in favour of Gow and Mooney.  However physical Lee is, he is not scoring goals.

what happend when plymouth last played a side on the last game who was relegation threatened???

jimmy glass anyone

[quote user="claud"]Am I the only person that thinks that it''s us that will blow it this weekend?

I can see Plymouth winning, with us struggling to get a draw at Charlton.
[/quote]

Well spotted that man.

I''m sort of inclined to agree, we don''t owe you guys anything per se but..... you losing to Reading saved us the agony of a collective clenched sphincter on Sunday vs Barnsley so I''m hoping we can return the favour. All the best at the Valley![Y]

Plymouth have had some odd results of late at home.  They either seem to win big or lose big.  They certainly should go for it as they have nothing to lose, but then again, so should Charlton!

[quote user="we8wba"]

what happend when plymouth last played a side on the last game who was relegation threatened???

jimmy glass anyone

[/quote]

The last time it happened was against Portsmouth in 1983. We lost 1-0 at Home Park but Pompey still got relegated! [:D]