Sign in to follow this  
sadbrewer

A Message from Barnsley

As a Barnsley fan,who has a soft spot for the Canaries,ever since your victory over Bayern in the UEFA,I''d like to say I''m sorryto see you in the position you now find yourselves,there are much more deserving candidates IMO,even though you seem to hammer us every time we meet!God knows what will happen on Sunday,with our tendency to concede late goals we''re at least as nervous about it as you are,you''ll understand if I don''t wish you good luck,as I think we need more than our own share,but whatever happens all the best for next season,whichever divisions we find ourselves in

[quote user="sadbrewer"]As a Barnsley fan,who has a soft spot for the Canaries,ever since your victory over Bayern in the UEFA,I''d like to say I''m sorry
to see you in the position you now find yourselves,there are much more deserving candidates IMO,even though you seem to hammer us every time we meet!God knows what will happen on Sunday,with our tendency to concede late goals we''re at least as nervous about it as you are,you''ll understand if I don''t wish you good luck,as I think we need more than our own share,but whatever happens all the best for next season,whichever divisions we find ourselves in
[/quote]

Shouldn''t worry to much mate, even if you lose it''s highly unlikely we''ll win at Charlton. We don''t do must win games

[quote user="sadbrewer"]As a Barnsley fan,who has a soft spot for the Canaries,ever since your victory over Bayern in the UEFA,I''d like to say I''m sorry
to see you in the position you now find yourselves,there are much more deserving candidates IMO,even though you seem to hammer us every time we meet!God knows what will happen on Sunday,with our tendency to concede late goals we''re at least as nervous about it as you are,you''ll understand if I don''t wish you good luck,as I think we need more than our own share,but whatever happens all the best for next season,whichever divisions we find ourselves in
[/quote]

cheers mate, i remember being at barnsley  the year we made the play offs we beat you 2-0 and you went down, there was a massive pitch invasion and the riot police turned up to stop you from smashing the place up! so i suppose it''s "what goes around comes around"

[/quote]

You must be nuts having a soft spot for us given our record against you mate! It''d be like Norwich fans having a soft spot for Manchester City. We sent you down in 2002; now you have a chance to do the same to us. I have a weird, almost inexplicable feeling you won''t take it though.

Nice gesture fron Sad brewer,but anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who thinks that the match at Plymouth on Sun is going to be anything but a 0-0 (or just possibly 1-1) draw is severely deluded. just the way it is. If the roles were reversed,would you expect anything else?

So what we do at Charlton is completely irrelevant. That''s why I can''t really be bothered to watch.

[quote user="canari francais"]

Nice gesture fron Sad brewer,but anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who thinks that the match at Plymouth on Sun is going to be anything but a 0-0 (or just possibly 1-1) draw is severely deluded. just the way it is. If the roles were reversed,would you expect anything else?

So what we do at Charlton is completely irrelevant. That''s why I can''t really be bothered to watch.

[/quote]

Paul Sturrock and Bryan Gunn are good friends; and Sturrock is still very popular at Sheffield Wednesday, whose fans loathe Barnsley with a passion. It could be a bore draw; equally, something surprising could happen. By your reckoning, surely Fulham v Norwich should''ve been a draw too, no? At the very least, it should hardly have finished 6-0 to the home side! Norwich have a better chance of staying up than West Brom did at the start of that day; yet we all know what happened. Never, ever underestimate football''s capacity to surprise.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]. By your reckoning, surely Fulham v Norwich should''ve been a draw too, no? .[/quote]

Nice try Big feller,but not the same thing at all. Norwich needed a WIN to be sure of safety at Fulham,but a draw will do for Barnsley. That''s what they''ll get. Trust me. Old pals act or no. That''s what''ll be pre ordained.

[quote user="canari francais"]

Nice try Big feller,but not the same thing at all. Norwich needed a WIN to be sure of safety at Fulham,but a draw will do for Barnsley. That''s what they''ll get. Trust me. Old pals act or no. That''s what''ll be pre ordained.

[/quote]

We''ll see. ;)

[quote user="sadbrewer"]As a Barnsley fan,who has a soft spot for the Canaries,ever since your victory over Bayern in the UEFA,I''d like to say I''m sorryto see you in the position you now find yourselves,there are much more deserving candidates IMO,even though you seem to hammer us every time we meet!God knows what will happen on Sunday,with our tendency to concede late goals we''re at least as nervous about it as you are,you''ll understand if I don''t wish you good luck,as I think we need more than our own share,but whatever happens all the best for next season,whichever divisions we find ourselves in[/quote]Thanks mate!At least you know that whatever happens on Sunday, Norwich and Barnsley will be in different divisions so we won''t be able to give you your annual thrashing! [:D]

Kind of you to send good wishes, sadbrewer, but take it from me, you will be playing Championship football next season. We don''t do must win games, actually we don''t do away games. Those two factors combined, its game over.

Its going to be a very tense 90 minutes!!