Sign in to follow this  
Good Evening Neil

INFLATABLES?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"][quote user="Jim Smith"]If I see any beach balls or inflatables of any sort on Sunday i will personally deflate the b**stards. We should all be going in funeral dress to mourn the death of our great club not having some happy clappy bl**dy party![/quote]grumpy git if i see you puncture my ball i will be watching out for you[/quote]

I''m serious. Not the time nor the place but with the number of happy clappy idiots we have supporting our team i am sure there will be plenty having a good old laugh and a conga to celebrate our relegation to league 1!

[/quote]

Jim you have totally lost it. Get a life!
[/quote]

Maybe I have lost it but for me thee only thing worse than witnessing our likely relegation on Sunday will be witnessing our relegation on saturday alongside several hundred grown men wearing wigs, facepaint and brandishing inflatables like a bunch of clowns. It will be a complete embarrassment. I repeat if I have any inflatables come my way i will burst them!

[/quote]

On Sunday even! Witnessing it on saturday would be very freaky!

[/quote]

Personally I will be grateful to be put out of my misery and if this happens in the style of a good old fashioned party or wake so much the better. You should read the post elsewhere on here about the Forest supporter''s tip for Div 1. Relegation can be cathartic and if you support clubs like City you can''t be too precious about it. There have been precious few laughs during the last few seasons after all.

Johnstones Paint Trophy anyone?
[/quote]

I cant see how relegation can be anything other than a backward step.  When ("if", if you like), we go down it is not going to be a walk in the park and with the way our squad as it is at the moment yet anthor re-build will be needed (something Leicester did not need to do) I can only see a long term spot in L1 for us. 

I will not be partying at Charlton (unless by some mirical we have won and the final whistle has gone at Home Park with a home win).

Lets please not show the board that relegation is acceptable like we did in 2004/05!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Do you reckon we can get through Sunday without the embarrassing spectacle of City fans arguing and fighting eachother?

[/quote]

No I do not.  Last time at Charlton when Roeder was at the end of his reign there was a lot of arguing as some wanted to call for his head while some wanted to only back the time.  This time some will want to protest against the board while others see Delia as the clubs saviour.

[/quote]

And who do you think the aggressive ones are? I''ll give you a clue - read this thread. They are young city fans FFS!

[/quote]

Who are the aggressive ones Nigel - those for or against inflatables?

I am not young (under 30) and neither is Jim and I will be in no mood to party should we go down on Sunday, if you think that is being aggressive so be it!

[quote user="Ren"]

I am not young (under 30) and neither is Jim and I will be in no mood to party should we go down on Sunday, if you think that is being aggressive so be it!

[/quote]

Read the thread and tell me who you think it is?

They are young City fans. They will be there when I am gone. It''s not their fault we could be relegated on Sunday. Take your anger out on those who are responsible, why are you so obsessed with other fans?

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Do you reckon we can get through Sunday without the embarrassing spectacle of City fans arguing and fighting eachother?

[/quote]

No I do not.  Last time at Charlton when Roeder was at the end of his reign there was a lot of arguing as some wanted to call for his head while some wanted to only back the time.  This time some will want to protest against the board while others see Delia as the clubs saviour.

[/quote]

And who do you think the aggressive ones are? I''ll give you a clue - read this thread. They are young city fans FFS!

[/quote]

[/quote]The point is it is going to happen anyway (baring a miracle) and you two grumping away is not going to change anything. Neither is any facile protest - the board know we are up the creek and CT seems to be hinting that something is in the air if we go down.But if the club is to survive it will be built on togetherness amongst the fans and if fans want to go down in style that is to be applauded.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

They are young City fans. They will be there when I am gone. It''s not their fault we could be relegated on Sunday. Take your anger out on those who are responsible, why are you so obsessed with other fans?

[/quote]

I assume you are referring to me? If it seems aggressive then so be it. Just fed up with the club I love (and some of its fans) being a constant source of amusement for other teams. Maybe i''m just a dinosaur who can''t accept that football has changed but i want no part of this kind of happy clappy cr*p!

I''ve got mixed feelings about this.......if we do get relegated I think we should make the Board well aware in no uncertain terms of the disgraceful situation that they have led us into.  Having said that, the rendition of ''City ''til I Die'' towards the end of the Reading game brought a lump to my throat and we can also show that we (as fans) are sticking together in adversity and I don''t see any harm in doing that in whatever way people want to (if anyone can find an inflatable chocolate teapot to take along as a comparison with the Cook I would LMFAO!)

[quote user="Lord Horn"]I''ve got mixed feelings about this.......if we do get relegated I think we should make the Board well aware in no uncertain terms of the disgraceful situation that they have led us into.  Having said that, the rendition of ''City ''til I Die'' towards the end of the Reading game brought a lump to my throat and we can also show that we (as fans) are sticking together in adversity and I don''t see any harm in doing that in whatever way people want to (if anyone can find an inflatable chocolate teapot to take along as a comparison with the Cook I would LMFAO!)[/quote]Well said. Though I remember a report of a Man City match when they were in the third tier where it was remarked the x years earlier 50,000 fans had been singing  City til I die but only 13,000 attended the match in question

Nutty - I will let the board know, from my place in the stands, should we be relegated what I think of their performance since May 2004.

Just dont want them to think that our fan base takes relegation lightly and that they can swan of on holiday thinking they have done a wonderful job.

I guess I am just a grumpy old man, but if this is how football is heading, imo it is worse for it!

We shouldn''t really be arguing about this. No matter what happens on Sunday, we need EVERYONE behind the team. Try to make the atmosphere as intimidating as possible for the Charlton players, and our board.

If we go down, or go behind, the atmosphere will turn poisonous, and then we can vent our anger. Trust me, i will be.

I have been behind the team all season as have 99.9% of our fans.  Have not seen it make much difference TBH, but will give it one last try on Sunday.

[quote user="Ren"]

I have been behind the team all season as have 99.9% of our fans.  Have not seen it make much difference TBH, but will give it one last try on Sunday.

[/quote]

Same, but if the players don''t react on Sunday then they deserve to go down. If they can''t raise their game for two of the most crucial games in the clubs history, then they can sod right off.

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Exactly, but maybe it will help them on Sunday. Can''t say it did on Monday. I hope the happy-clappies don''t just take relegation on Sunday, if we do go down. I reckon the board will only listen if pretty much everyone is. Thankfully, it looks like lots of people will be.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I assume you are referring to me? If it seems aggressive then so be it. Just fed up with the club I love (and some of its fans) being a constant source of amusement for other teams. Maybe i''m just a dinosaur who can''t accept that football has changed but i want no part of this kind of happy clappy cr*p!

[/quote]

Then surely Jim the answer is don''t go to Charlton. i have supported the club for over 40 years and believe me very few will be sadder than me if things turn out bad but being bloody miserable is not the answer. 

You never know it might just be that start of a big celebration party?? 

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then surely Jim the answer is don''t go to Charlton. i have supported the club for over 40 years and believe me very few will be sadder than me if things turn out bad but being bloody miserable is not the answer. 

You never know it might just be that start of a big celebration party?? 

[/quote]

Celebrate what? Staying in this sh*t league for another season of loans and struggling? Obviously if we stay up I will be happy but if a miracle did happen it should not be lauded as some kind of achievement1

Jim - If it was you''re son who had his inflatable canary burst by that "grumpy old beggar over there" would you be tempted to "have a word"[:^)]

I rather suggest that if the miracle happens fans won''t be giving a second thought to whether we should really be celebrating last ditch survival. We''ll just all go fuggin mental! There weren''t many who celebrated that 4th goal against ''boro by asking how we managed to be 4-1 down in the first place.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jim - If it was you''re son who had his inflatable canary burst by that "grumpy old beggar over there" would you be tempted to "have a word"[:^)]

I rather suggest that if the miracle happens fans won''t be giving a second thought to whether we should really be celebrating last ditch survival. We''ll just all go fuggin mental! There weren''t many who celebrated that 4th goal against ''boro by asking how we managed to be 4-1 down in the first place.

[/quote]

i''m not talking about kids and children i''m talking about fully grown adults. and yes you are right we will go mental but when the excitement dies down the season will still have to be viewed as one of utter failure and scraping another season in this division should not be held up or accepted by anyone as any kind of achievement. I just fear seeing Delia and Munby out on the pitch being given some sort of ovation were it to happen!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

i''m not talking about kids and children i''m talking about fully grown adults. and yes you are right we will go mental but when the excitement dies down the season will still have to be viewed as one of utter failure and scraping another season in this division should not be held up or accepted by anyone as any kind of achievement. I just fear seeing Delia and Munby out on the pitch being given some sort of ovation were it to happen!

[/quote]

Agreed Jim. But don''t be surprised if Delia were to go mental too because she would be as elated as any of us if the miracle happened.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Jim. But don''t be surprised if Delia were to go mental too because she would be as elated as any of us if the miracle happened.

[/quote]

She''s been deluded for bloody years...so going mental would be the next natural step.

Maybe you''ll both be in the same ward.

Ooooh yes! Bring as many inflatables as you like! Party all day! It''s going to be such a laugh! You know, you better get a good few of you singing "Delia''s Barmy Army!" or it really wouldn''t be the same.I can''t believe people are even suggest inflatables.So glad i''m not going to this one. I''ll be watching from Carrow Road though, and i''ll simply picture the inflatables being burst. Yes i''m miserable. Might be something to do with probable relegation...

The ''death of our club''?

Good God, what a bloody drama queen! It''s no more the death of our club than relegation from the Premier was, you numpty. Yes, it''s a complete kick in the teeth and no one likes it, but it''s not the end of the world. I''ll be supporting Norwich no matter how many relegations i have to suffer through and i''ll always take what pleasure i can out of the experience. If that means going to Charlton and having a few beers and a laugh in the face of adversity (as such) then i will!

Seriously, what the hell is the point in going to the game only to whinge and moan and ruin everyone else''s fun? Miserable git, you may as well stay at home.

Geezus, some of you really do seem more interested in making bloody martyrs of yourselves than you do about supporting the team..

If you follow that to its logical conclusion Carrow Road would be half empty on match days.....

A bigger worry is the possibility of the Plymouth players running out on Sunday with a Lilo under their arm starting their holidays early.