Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why escaping the drop whould be so wrong!

Okay, you all know me, and I realise I''m going to be hated for this, but as I''ve never posted to be popular anyway, here goes:

Its my humble opinion, and I cando humble, that it would be morally wrong if we escaped the drop. The club, board and 17 thousand early renewing fans, in a way, sad though it is, deserve it!

If the loyal, but misguided ST renewers, had made a deadline day delay in renewing their season tickets, or better still, opting for a membership instead, this action would have sent a huge message to the board.

But no, a bright green light was given to Smith and Co, so the blame rests with everyone.

Hell, Smith was even applauded at the Ippo defeat, collective madness imo.

Plus, the appointment of nice guy Gunn as manager, was again imo, a cynical attempt by the board to sell season tickets after their insane appointment of Roeder had gone rogue and ended tit up.

Keeping Uncle Fester on full time, will only result in a trip to the fourth division, of that I''m sure.

When, not if, we go down, I believe administration will follow. If that gets rid of the cook and the board, I believe the club would then be sold on to more ambitious owner.

Then we can look forward to better days.......at last.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, you all know me, and I realise I''m going to be hated for this, but as I''ve never posted to be popular anyway, here goes:

Its my humble opinion, and I cando humble, that it would be morally wrong if we escaped the drop. The club, board and 17 thousand early renewing fans, in a way, sad though it is, deserve it!

If the loyal, but misguided ST renewers, had made a deadline day delay in renewing their season tickets, or better still, opting for a membership instead, this action would have sent a huge message to the board.

But no, a bright green light was given to Smith and Co, so the blame rests with everyone.

Plus, the appointment of nice guy Gunn as manager, was again imo, a cynical attempt by the board to sell season tickets after their insane appointment of Roeder had gone rogue and ended tit up.

Keeping Uncle Fester on full time, will only result in a trip to the fourth division, of that I''m sure.

When, not if, we go down, I believe administration will follow. If that gets rid of the cook and the board, I believe the club would then be sold on to more ambitious owner.

[/quote]

Good to see you coming up with some new material, Wiz[:D] You really don''t get the point about adminsitration, do you?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Good to see you coming up with some new material, Wiz[:D] You really don''t get the point about adminsitration, do you?

[/quote]Well it didn''t hurt the binners did it Beausant!?[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard Lowestofts Finest Export"]

[/quote]Why do posters resort to Mickey taking of our beloved manager?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Apparently not, according to you Beauseant, but I know its still going to happen anyway![:|]

a couple of points wiz...

a) If we finish 4th bottom on Sunday - we will deserve to be there on virtue of the fact it is after 46 games and there would be 3 worse teams than us. If we go down you''re right we deserve it because again after 46 games we are one of the 3 worst teams in the division.

b) Do you really think a change in owner would help the club? I''m not so sure, its how the club is operated and its geographical position which is always going to be our undoing...look at Ipswich all the money in the world and still Championship, QPR money now for 2 season 4 different managers no success, you could have all the money in the world but if you don''t have your house in order whats the point?

Don''t be afraid to post your opinions on these message boards either, they''re your opinions and if people can''t accept this without having to get offensive then thats their problem! and as you say it isn''t a popularity contest. If it was I would''ve won years ago.

[/quote]

You must have been a plumber Wiz because most of that is a load of old ballcocks.[:D]

Administration will not need to follow and if it does HUNDREDS of small businesses will suffer what they can ill afford at present.

You may be out of the rat race now Wiz but a lot of us arn''t and money these days in business is very tight.

There is NO ONE waiting in the wings, PC has made it VERY clear that he is OUT OF THE GAME.

I think a protest by the ST holders would have been good but since when have Norfolk people turned down a chance of saving a few quid! They intend going anyway so.............

At the last NCISA meeting Munby/Doncaster agreed that it should not be viewed as a green light for them (ok easily said but you can but hope)

Apart from that have a good day

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

a) If we finish 4th bottom on Sunday - we will deserve to be there on virtue of the fact it is after 46 games and there would be 3 worse teams than us. If we go down you''re right we deserve it because again after 46 games we are one of the 3 worst teams in the division.

b) Do you really think a change in owner would help the club? I''m not so sure, its how the club is operated and its geographical position which is always going to be our undoing...look at Ipswich all the money in the world and still Championship, QPR money now for 2 season 4 different managers no success, you could have all the money in the world but if you don''t have your house in order whats the point?

Don''t be afraid to post your opinions on these message boards either, they''re your opinions and if people can''t accept this without having to get offensive then thats their problem! and as you say it isn''t a popularity contest. If it was I would''ve won years ago.

[/quote]

Yes I do refjez, and they have shown ambition in getting Keano.............we have Gunn![:S]

The Keane appointment is the biggest media hype this season in the Championship and for what? Why does everyone think Keane will do a good job? He ran out of time at Sunderland after spending £80 MILLION POUNDS on nothing!!! Granted he got Sunderland promoted but a trained zebra could''ve got that team out of that division....

A great result against Cardiff but can anyone remember Bryan Gunn''s first ''result'' as Norwich manager against an out of sorts Barnsley, just like the out of sorts Cardiff that had lost 6-0 in their previous game......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Wiz - when was the last season where you held a season ticket?

[/quote]

A fair while as you know Nutty, but I''ve been a member since then.

And yes, its an easier call for me to make then currant ST holders...........but I would have still called it![:|]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Well it didn''t hurt the binners did it Beausant!?

[;)]
[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

And yes, its an easier call for me to make then currant ST holders...........but I would have still called it![:|]

[/quote]

I''m not doubting your commitment as a fan or a member. But you like many others have plenty to say about us season ticket holders, just wondered how long ago, if ever, you had one.

I simply can''t believe what I''m reading. Wiz, your views on football are so narrow and blinkered, it''s little wonder replies to your threads are now just quips about how ridiculous you are.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I simply can''t believe what I''m reading. Wiz, your views on football are so narrow and blinkered, it''s little wonder replies to your threads are now just quips about how ridiculous you are.

[/quote]

I think you mistake me for someone who''s actually worried about others opinions of me MM.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not doubting your commitment as a fan or a member. But you like many others have plenty to say about us season ticket holders, just wondered how long ago, if ever, you had one.

[/quote]

As you know Nutty such things wer''nt needed in the early days, but I actually held a season ticket/car park pass for years.

But not under late Grants and Rattys reign!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As you know Nutty such things wer''nt needed in the early days, but I actually held a season ticket/car park pass for years.

But not under late Grants and Rattys reign!

[/quote]

Jeremy Paxman would have a ball with you[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

I think you mistake me for someone who''s actually worried about others opinions of me MM.

[/quote]

I''m sure you tell yourself that every morning. Maybe even believe it by now.

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]If / When we escape it will be becoause we have won one game more than Barnsley[/quote]Draws win points too you know.

[quote user="The Butler"]

There is NO ONE waiting in the wings, PC has made it VERY clear that he is OUT OF THE GAME.

[/quote]

I disagree with that! If only you knew.....

[/quote]

I think Wiz is right, its good to be loyal but the 17k who renewed their season tickets sent the wrong message to the board. The board treats us like we are stupid and maybe they have a point. and as for the fans at ipshite singing her name well that proves the stupid point really. I dont like whats happened to our club but we will be where we should be next season in league 1

[/quote]

I don''t think geography plays any part in investment. I don''t see how it could.I agree that some younger players may not fancy Norwich but wave them the wonga and tell them its only 2 hours from the smoke and they''d come. I think Image and potential are the main factors and of course if the current occupants want to talk.

As for QPR and Ippo, well i don''t think they''ve started to get serious yet,neither have spent big yet. The fact they sack managers on a whim suggests they''re getting things right before making their moves. I bet my life both teams will spend 10 million minimum this summer.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I disagree with that! If only you knew.....

[/quote]

I agree CT. This man didn''t make his Billions by sharing his intentions with the world.

[/quote]

I have watched MY team before this current crop were running it, and I shall be watching MY team after they have gone.

If you want us season ticket holders to do your bidding, perhaps you should offer all of us the extra money it would cost by not renewing at the first available opportunity, ''just to get your point across''.

The Keane appointment is the biggest media hype this season in the Championship and for what? Why does everyone think Keane will do a good job? He ran out of time at Sunderland after spending £80 MILLION POUNDS on nothing!!! Granted he got Sunderland promoted but a trained zebra could''ve got that team out of that division....

A great result against Cardiff but can anyone remember Bryan Gunn''s first ''result'' as Norwich manager against an out of sorts Barnsley, just like the out of sorts Cardiff that had lost 6-0 in their previous game......

[/quote]

Keane will get Ipswich promoted next season unfortunately. Look at what he did with Sunderland (he has money at Ipswich too). Also Keane did not run out of time at Sunderland; he left because he felt that the owners were trying to influence his management style, and we both know that Keane has his own style and don''t take interference from anybody.

[/quote]

I actually see your point, but I''m not so sure it''d be more morally wrong for Barnsley to go down as opposed to us. From what I can gather Barnsley have played even worse football than us this season and they too have not been too careful financially. Their manager seems to have failed to capitalise on the FA cup run from last year and hence they still could go down to the third tier. Plus, it''s Barnsley. Say what you will about our club, but Norwich have more right to be in the division than they do! 

[quote] Hell, Smith was even applauded at the Ippo defeat, collective madness imo. [/quote]

Spot on, it was atrocious.

[quote]Plus, the appointment of nice guy Gunn as manager, was again imo, a cynical attempt by the board to sell season tickets after their insane appointment of Roeder had gone rogue and ended tit up.

Keeping Uncle Fester on full time, will only result in a trip to the fourth division, of that I''m sure.[/quote]

Uncle Fester? Surely he deserves a bit more respect than that.

okay wiz, that''s your opinion and you entitled to it! But to come on here and blame the fans when you don''t know their reasons for renewing is just pointless! I can understand your logic in thinking it gives the board the feeling everything is fine and dandy. But I think the fact the players had to do a lap of (dis)honour to a practically empty stadium speaks volumes in itself!