Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEIL DONCASTER - Why I still feel confident going into the last day

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Unbelievable twaddle from Fantasy Island otherwise known as the Chief Executive''s office.

[/quote]

Gonna do something about it then Mr. Tilson.....no I thought not.
[/quote]

I think you might find that over the course of the next week or so you may well be wrong.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Unbelievable twaddle from Fantasy Island otherwise known as the Chief Executive''s office.

[/quote]Gonna do something about it then Mr. Tilson.....no I thought not.[/quote]

I think you might find that over the course of the next week or so you may well be wrong.

[/quote]Well I''ll send you my sincerest apologies when I am proven wrong, and I really hope I am.

"At our Open Day this Monday, we will no doubt be quizzed extensively by supporters - and rightly so. Fans will no doubt wish to quiz us about the events of this season and what we will be doing to ensure that, this time next season, we are celebrating achievement".

Yes, thank you Mr Doncaster, I am literally counting the hours until I can quiz you (again) and this time, I expect, like many other city fans, to receive an answer to my question.

I, no doubt with many others, will be wondering (and asking) just what you and the board intend to do to enable any supporter to celebrate achievement again at NCFC. Sadly I think we will only achieve anything worthwhile when you, and your vastly inflated ego and salary have left Norwich for good. Thank you and goodnight!

Has he completely and utterly lost all sense of reality?! Sorry but if we go down, his job should be the first for the chop. Sorry Doomcaster, you''re days are numbered.

NEIL DONCASTER - Why I still feel confident going into the last day...

We had all HOPED to feel confident at all our home games and several of the away ones too.

We have got to hope that Plymouth (Nothing to play for) beat Barnsley (Who will be, and have been fighting like tigers over the last few weeks).

And,

We have got to hope that Charlton (Relegated, nothing to play for. No pressure, and will want to win for their fans) lose to us (Tactically rubbish, can''t score, pose no threat. Fighting like tigers over the last few weeks? - I don''t think so).

Instead you have given us a whole season of nothing to feel confident about, sheer disappointment and anger at the fact you useless individuals are taking us down.

I naturally hope we don''t go down, but to leave it to the 59th second of the of the 59th minute of the 11th hour is cutting it a bit fine.

Not really sure why Doncaster gets the level of criticism that he does.   He''s the club''s in house lawyer.    He doesn''t miss the chances.  He doesn''t let the goals in.  He doesn''t pick the team.  He doesn''t make the substitutions.   He doesn''t decide the tactics.  He doesn''t set the level of investment in players.  He doesn''t choose which players to buy.  Or which not to buy.   Good grief, there''s plenty of people to criticise, why the hate for him?  He''s at a club where the Board seem to have lost their voices, and settle for sending their in house lawyer into the fray to take the flak, and there''s plenty of people who fall for it and direct their anger at him.

And yes, his column in the EDP was pretty delusional, as it often is.    But what do you expect him to say?   We are in a position where an (unlikely) win at Charlton might still save us, so he has to do what he can to sound positive!   Just how would it help what slim chance we have if he wrote "We''re doomed.   I can''t see us winning at Reading, given the rubbish we serve up week in, week out.  And if we do, I don''t expect Barnsley to lose.  We''re as good as relegated already.   And then, we''re going into administration.  What''s more, Cullum has confirmed that he can''t put his money where his offer wasn''t, and there''s no other bidders, so you''re quite likely to be left with the same  management buying the club back out of administration on a pre pack with a deal on Delia''s debt, as  has happened elsewehre.  Then we''ll flog off our best players, and be left with the untried youngsters and the rejects no one else will touch.     And a ten point penalty.  So you can forget about the Championship again any time soon"?  For all we know, he may think this, but he''d be crucified if he said it, and rightly s0, ''coz it wouldn''t help.  So, he trots out delusional platitudes, which he must recognise as such.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

Not really sure why Doncaster gets the level of criticism that he does.   He''s the club''s in house lawyer.   [/quote]

He may have a legal background but he''s the club''s Chief Executive. The CE is supposed to provide focus, direction, leadership and purpose to the organisation as a whole, to ensure that everyone is pulling in the same direction and that everything is geared towards footballing success.  He is highly paid (and is worth every penny if he does his job properly), and the buck stops with him.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Not really sure why Doncaster gets the level of criticism that he does.   He''s the club''s in house lawyer.   [/quote]

He may have a legal background but he''s the club''s Chief Executive. The CE is supposed to provide focus, direction, leadership and purpose to the organisation as a whole, to ensure that everyone is pulling in the same direction and that everything is geared towards footballing success.  He is highly paid (and is worth every penny if he does his job properly), and the buck stops with him.

[/quote]

Exactly. I don''t know exactly what he does, but he is the chief exec. He is in charge of an organisation that has been failing for at least three years (and many would argue longer than that). For NCFC to be relegated to the third tier is unacceptable, and the buck stops with him and the board.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Exactly. I don''t know exactly what he does, but he is the chief exec. He is in charge of an organisation that has been failing for at least three years (and many would argue longer than that). For NCFC to be relegated to the third tier is unacceptable, and the buck stops with him and the board.

Quite honestly I''d rather he''d said nothing rather than the waffle he produced about being confident. Sometimes silence is golden and gives people the chance to make their own mind up. All this stuff about no knee jerk reactions has me worried, as "the big fella " wrote the other day in his piece they haven''t learnt from anything that has happened.

In my opinion a knee jerk reaction is needed to throw people out of the comfort zones and get people to face up to the reality of the situation. We slumped the season after relegation from the premiership because we had Worthy in charge too long- effectvely a lame duck leader.

The last thing we need now is Gunn stumbling along till the middle of next season in league 1 in about mid table before resigning and giving someone else half a season with no achievement possible.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Will be interested to see what action you''re going to take next week on behalf of us members then Tilly??

How would your employer react if customers got up a petition to have you sacked?

Exactly!!  Tell them to get lost as it is none of their business.  He or she is the judge of whether you are doing your job properly

When will you all realise that only two people matter here. If Michael and Delia are happy with his performance then that is all that actually matters.   They will not sack someone just because fans get up a petition

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Quite honestly I''d rather he''d said nothing rather than the waffle he produced about being confident. Sometimes silence is golden and gives people the chance to make their own mind up. All this stuff about no knee jerk reactions has me worried, as "the big fella " wrote the other day in his piece they haven''t learnt from anything that has happened. In my opinion a knee jerk reaction is needed to throw people out of the comfort zones and get people to face up to the reality of the situation. We slumped the season after relegation from the premiership because we had Worthy in charge too long- effectvely a lame duck leader. The last thing we need now is Gunn stumbling along till the middle of next season in league 1 in about mid table before resigning and giving someone else half a season with no achievement possible.[/quote]

All this knee jerk reaction means is they will be going off on holiday, letting all the fuss die down, wasting most of the summer and then confirming Gunn has got the job full time on the basis that we can''t afford anyone else and need continuity. Deeply, deeply worrying!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

How would your employer react if customers got up a petition to have you sacked?

Exactly!!  Tell them to get lost as it is none of their business.  He or she is the judge of whether you are doing your job properly

When will you all realise that only two people matter here. If Michael and Delia are happy with his performance then that is all that actually matters.   They will not sack someone just because fans get up a petition

[/quote]

It''s called fiddling while Rome is burning.

what a load of old Pony Doncaster speaks.. does anyone even bother believing his tripe anymore? does he even believe it anymore?! thats more worrying!

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

It''s called fiddling while Rome is burning.

[/quote]