Sign in to follow this  
Barlodona

Fozzy

Was Fozzy out of contract at the end of this season?? if not why didnt we hang on to him and get some money for him in the summer??

I reckon he will be snapped up by a decent champ side and will go on to be a good player, illustrating our failure as a club to get the best out of him - like so many before...

Fozzy was like many players here, underachieving due to a lack of confidence. The 16K a week must of softened the blow to a degree. I still think he''s a much better player than he is given credit for and I''m sure will do a decent job for any Championship side - if he is allowed to...

Good riddance. Ideally I''d now like to see him sign for Ipswich Town and systematically contribute to ruining their 2009/10 season.  

Too bad, we never got to see the famous Fozzy flick!

He''s just a very ordinary player. On here he''s underrated by some and overrated by others. A decent player but too many limitations to ever really do the business at this level.

He''ll struggle to make a (postitive) impact at any decent club in the Championship. Even though you kind of get the impression him and his agent see him as the next Zidane.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I reckon he will be snapped up by a decent champ side and will go on to be a good player, illustrating our failure as a club to get the best out of him - like so many before...[/quote]

impossible.

[quote user="komakino"]Fozzy was like many players here, underachieving due to a lack of confidence. The 16K a week must of softened the blow to a degree. I still think he''s a much better player than he is given credit for and I''m sure will do a decent job for any Championship side - if he is allowed to...[/quote]

Ballcocks! He was on 115kpa!! We offered him a 3 yr deal but he said no

[quote user="komakino"]Fozzy was like many players here, underachieving due to a lack of confidence. The 16K a week must of softened the blow to a degree. I still think he''s a much better player than he is given credit for and I''m sure will do a decent job for any Championship side - if he is allowed to...[/quote]and thats a number you just pulled out your arse.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes he only had a one-year contract.[/quote]The only good decision the board have made recently!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes he only had a one-year contract.[/quote]

The only good decision the board have made recently!
[/quote]

I think you''ll find it''s the manager who decides on length of deals and also that Fozzy refused to sign anything longer, stating he wanted to play for "a successful side" last season when he signed.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="komakino"]Fozzy was like many players here, underachieving due to a lack of confidence. The 16K a week must of softened the blow to a degree. I still think he''s a much better player than he is given credit for and I''m sure will do a decent job for any Championship side - if he is allowed to...[/quote]and thats a number you just pulled out your arse.[/quote]

I don''t think so old son. It''s fact. Last season he was on £8K and had his wages doubled by Roeder before he was due to sign for Charlton [ West Ham were sniffing around as well at that point ]. This made him the highest paid player at the club. Hard to believe I conceed, but true. Had he of stayed for next season, his wages would have been much lower, as most other players will be.

You must remember that Norwich''s wage structure, if you can call it that, had got badly out of control. This is part of the reason why we performed so badly as it did not reflect ability. When Hucks was top earner is his prime, you could see that and the players accepted this, but that last season or two it''s gone haywire.

Norwich isn''t a well run club, so you must accept that this kind of thing happens.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I reckon he will be snapped up by a decent champ side and will go on to be a good player, illustrating our failure as a club to get the best out of him - like so many before...[/quote]Not sure that argument stacks up........Jason JarrettAndy HughesCarl RobinsonJason ShackellIan HendersonRossi JarvisPeter Thorne (Yes he scores, but at what level)Im pretty sure in 12 months time we can add Mr Fotheringham to that quality list.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I reckon he will be snapped up by a decent champ side and will go on to be a good player, illustrating our failure as a club to get the best out of him - like so many before...[/quote] You obviously haven''t seen him play.  My guess is he will return to Scotland.

Anyone else reckon he''s better than Russell? For me Fozzy had better control, passing and positional play than Russell. Admittedly in an ideal world I''d have neither of them.

I still think efforts should have been made to sign an attacking midfielder such as a Michael Tonge or Keith Fahey. We''ve lacked that type of player in the midfield for a few years and it''s another problem that was never addressed.

Don''t take the piss. One of if not the worst C.M ever to grace carrow road. Good riddence to the scottish twat!

[quote user="rjwc22"]I reckon he will be snapped up by a decent champ side and will go on to be a good player, illustrating our failure as a club to get the best out of him - like so many before...[/quote]