Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I'm not changing my stance completely HOWEVER

Is Delias only real fault that she has no money? Had she invested £35 million instead of the £11/12 million then surely people wouldnt blame her as much as they do?

I also think its interesting that when people blame Delia it appears that Delia and Delia alone is being blamed. They should also take into account that there are OTHER people on the board

It appears you''ve mastered Wiz''s patented "flip-flop" technique CT, well done [;)]I personally believe Delia has genuinely done her best for us, but that simply hasn''t been good enough due to the obscene amount of money you need to run a football club these days.

[quote user="I.S."]It appears you''ve mastered Wiz''s patented "flip-flop" technique CT, well done [;)]I personally believe Delia has genuinely done her best for us, but that simply hasn''t been good enough due to the obscene amount of money you need to run a football club these days.[/quote]Agreed. However the board have run this club like a bunch of pillocks. They have the clubs best interest at heart, but they have always been of the mindset that we are "little old Norwich".

Your right, but is delia''s fault she took the job on, its her job to invest so she cant winge she has no money, she isnt exactly doing this for free, she will recoup the money when she sells!! so not exactly lost out!!

She has also lived off the back of her publicty, for example you ask people what delia is about, they will say Norwich city and cooking..... she has made millions from us and taken just as much back, we are in the worst position for 50 years, the board are to blame..

I JUST WANT THEM TO LEAVE!!

[quote user="CT "]

Is Delias only real fault that she has no money? Had she invested £35 million instead of the £11/12 million then surely people wouldnt blame her as much as they do?

I also think its interesting that when people blame Delia it appears that Delia and Delia alone is being blamed. They should also take into account that there are OTHER people on the board

[/quote]

Enlightenment CT.  Well done.  Add that Doncaster is doing the job that his employer''s require of him and is not the spawn of Darth Vadar and you will almost be there.

[quote user="I.S."]It appears you''ve mastered Wiz''s patented "flip-flop" technique CT, well done [;)]

I personally believe Delia has genuinely done her best for us, but that simply hasn''t been good enough due to the obscene amount of money you need to run a football club these days.
[/quote]

It''s not just money, it''s how the money is used and the decisions that relate to it.

What they have "invested" could have had a greater impact if better decisions re managers were made( as an example)

The outside of football investments, the tinkering with land deals without the experience to handle it properly.

The list goes on.

You are right, more money would have papered over the cracks, but the fundemental problems would still have existed.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Enlightenment CT.  Well done.  Add that Doncaster is doing the job that his employer''s require of him and is not the spawn of Darth Vadar and you will almost be there.

[/quote]

FFS. I can do no right can I? I didnt say that Delia shouldnt be blamed because of course she should- I''m just saying had certain aspects of her reign been different would she be blamed as much as she is or would other board members be blamed even more than her?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Since when have the two been mutually exclusive? . . . [:D]

No need to patronise CT btw

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

The fact shes invested her money delights me, where her money was invested doesnt. Total neglect of the squad has led us to where we are. Her bloody prudence with ambition approach was catastrophic.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="I.S."]It appears you''ve mastered Wiz''s patented "flip-flop" technique CT, well done [;)]I personally believe Delia has genuinely done her best for us, but that simply hasn''t been good enough due to the obscene amount of money you need to run a football club these days.[/quote]

It''s not just money, it''s how the money is used and the decisions that relate to it.

What they have "invested" could have had a greater impact if better decisions re managers were made( as an example)

The outside of football investments, the tinkering with land deals without the experience to handle it properly.

The list goes on.

You are right, more money would have papered over the cracks, but the fundemental problems would still have existed.

[/quote]I agree with those sentiments, and I certainly agree that better decisions could have been made in hindsight, but I also believe that worse decisions could have been made. I don''t want to defend the board, as we are looking at relegation to the third tier of English football for the first time in 50 odd years, but the fact that thy even had to consider at outside investments implies that football is not financially sustainable in its own right any more, unless you are one of the very top teams in the country. It''s crazy that a home attendance of 25,000 doesn''t give you a financial advantage over clubs which pull in 11/12 thousand because of the way football is structured these days.And to my mind, that''s not Delia''s fault, it''s the fault of the FA.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point.  Darth was only following the evil Emporer''s instructions.  Actually, given CT''s normal simplistic thinking, I was genuinely pleased to see him acknowledging the complexities of the real world.   Delia, Doncaster et al are not the servants of the antiChrist.  They are not crooks.   They may even not be incompetent.   They are successful, intelligent people running something which has gone badly wrong.   Their actions and decisions are partly to blame but none of us know the full circumstances.

History is littered with highly successful and talented people who have nade a hash of football.   Mike Ashley for example hugely successful business man and catastrophic football owner

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point.  Darth was only following the evil Emporer''s instructions.  Actually, given CT''s normal simplistic thinking, I was genuinely pleased to see him acknowledging the complexities of the real world.   Delia, Doncaster et al are not the servants of the antiChrist.  They are not crooks.   They may even not be incompetent.   They are successful, intelligent people running something which has gone badly wrong.   Their actions and decisions are partly to blame but none of us know the full circumstances.

History is littered with highly successful and talented people who have nade a hash of football.   Mike Ashley for example hugely successful business man and catastrophic football owner

[/quote]

And that''s the gist that some people do not get. They did not get us into this mess on purpose, just a series of bad decisions, mainly their choice of managers.

I.S., we used to be told that we would break-even with 16k crowds.  In `02 we spent £5.2m on our team and the club still made a tidy profit (and that`s not including director loans), in `08 we could only afford £1.9m on our team to break even despite higher income and that`s Doncasters own figures. 

The boards policies were supposed to lead to other evenue streams freeing up more money for the team, but the fact is it has done exactly the opposite- and that has got nothing to do with excuses about other clubs or football in general.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And that''s the gist that some people do not get. They did not get us into this mess on purpose, just a series of bad decisions, mainly their choice of managers.

[/quote]

No that''s what you don''t get.  No one is suggesting they did it on purpose any more than the banking crisis was done purposely.  That doesn''t mean they''re above criticism.  They deserve every scrap of it and then some, as do the bankers.  The difference with the banks is that those at the top could be sacked, and they were (albeit with scandalously large payoffs).  But the people who run Norwich City are even more powerful than that.  No one can remove them, however much they screw up.  Doesn''t that concern you even a little bit? 

Her biggest problem is not having a clue how to run a football club, we have had over 40 million in additional income in the last few years and it''s beyond belief that having had so much money the team has become so weak that we are now on the verge of the third division. That for me is totally unforgivable and I will never have any faith in those that have been responsible for it, you couldn''t have managed the club any worse than they have done if you tried.

[quote user="singing canary"]like the idiot in the edp yesterday ......the dooooooooom caster  !!!!! , things look bright ..... okay !!![/quote]

But things are bright SC, outside the sun is shinning and hardly a cloud in the sky, well at the moment that is. [:D]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

Your right, but is delia''s fault she took the job on, its her job to invest so she cant winge she has no money, she isnt exactly doing this for free, she will recoup the money when she sells!! so not exactly lost out!!

She has also lived off the back of her publicty, for example you ask people what delia is about, they will say Norwich city and cooking..... she has made millions from us and taken just as much back, we are in the worst position for 50 years, the board are to blame..

I JUST WANT THEM TO LEAVE!!

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote][/quote]

I think at the time when she first took over £10m would have made a huge difference but times have changed, and more money has come into the game,

If anything she has put on hold her television carear since being here, (2001 - 2008 she did not have a television show) 

You''ve just made no sense wiith that last point, she has made millions from us and taken just as much back. Surely that''s the same thing?

[quote user="CT "]

CT in starting of serious debate about the board shocker!?

[/quote]CT in post about himself non shocker?

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Her biggest problem is not having a clue how to run a football club, we have had over 40 million in additional income in the last few years and it''s beyond belief that having had so much money the team has become so weak that we are now on the verge of the third division. That for me is totally unforgivable and I will never have any faith in those that have been responsible for it, you couldn''t have managed the club any worse than they have done if you tried.

[/quote]

Nail on the head.

Nope! My arguement with the board has nothing to do with money they have made wrong decisions that have cost the club time and time again, i honestly think if this board were billionaires pumping millions in they would still be getting it wrong! There are teams on a similar budget or less than ours doing much better.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="I.S."]It appears you''ve mastered Wiz''s patented "flip-flop" technique CT, well done [;)]

I personally believe Delia has genuinely done her best for us, but that simply hasn''t been good enough due to the obscene amount of money you need to run a football club these days.
[/quote]

The list goes on.

[/quote]

Very true. Teams like Burnley, Bristol City and Doncaster have spent far less over the past couple of seasons, compared to us, and they are not staring relegation in the face.

You can''t argue with the league table. Clearly the board have not been successful and have made mistakes. But I think that I.S. has a good point - football now is so absurdly money orientated that the normal multi - millionaire does not stand a chance as majority shareholders in the long term. I''m sure with a good manager, good fortune, some good player dealings etc poorer clubs will have their spells of success - remember Bradford anyone? But in the long term, even to be successful in the Championship requires greater wealth. The extra revenue stream strategy was a good idea at the time (mid/ late 90s) but the rewards from television have swamped any potential returns from outside sources like restaurants/ part-share in hotels etc. If the TV money ever went out of football, they might seem to be better options!

I don''t believe the money required to be a good championship team is outside of our purse strings but what I will say is that it has to be backed up by ambition from the board rather than a whimsical hope that they can short cut the road to success. Our last 3 managers have been on a wing and a prayer in the attempt that they may turn out ok (in reality all appointments are like that) but we have stacked the cards in the pile of failure so highly.

The money waisted on agents fees and pay off settlements have been short sightedness again in the hope that we''d shortcut the route to success and in the long term it has just put us on the road to failure quicker than we could ever have imagined.

The teams with supposed better wealth streams than ourselves haven''t ploughed vast amounts into their clubs on the playing side,but what they have done is been more ambitious and better organised in their off the field activities and their business plans of how realistly they were going to achieve their results. We have involved the same people on the managerial recruitment team who have got us the same YES man candidates that have taken us down the road to league 1.

Delia is not an innocent bystander,she has not amassed her fortune by being naive. Her downfall is either that she has let Doncaster preside over the club or that he is following the orders from her in order to keep his position. If she was neutral to Doncasters disasters she would have by know started proceedings to have him replaced, after all Ipswich got rid of their Chief Executive when they are performing alot better than what we are!!