Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Norwich City Open Day - Monday 4th May

Will anyone be going?

What will the atmosphere be like if we go down?

Will there be the usual open forum with the board or will they chicken out?

Will Smudger be there to question the Board in his unique style?

I won''t be there, whether we win or lose. The idea of having one of our worst ever squads (possibly the worst) sign my possesions isn''t very tempting.

And no, no one will quiz the board on important issues, since a certain Neil Doomcaster has said in his column that the fans may quiz the board, but questions about money, our situation, what will be done to improve it etc, aren''t welcome.

I for one would love it if he had to face the the fans'' real questions.

I''ll be working anyway so even if I wanted to go I couldn''t. If I remember rightly there was a decent-ish turnout when we were relegated from the Prem at a similar event?  

funny thing open days...open for investors would be better!

[quote user="Superflash"]I''ll be working anyway so even if I wanted to go I couldn''t. If I remember rightly there was a decent-ish turnout when we were relegated from the Prem at a similar event?  [/quote]

[quote user="jacktungate"]

Will anyone be going?

What will the atmosphere be like if we go down?

Will there be the usual open forum with the board or will they chicken out?

Will Smudger be there to question the Board in his unique style?

[/quote]

the usual happy clappers will be there.

Ha! I''d be too tempted to hit the players who clearly haven''t put everything into the last two games. I wouldn''t mind meeting Clingan, for example, but he''ll be gone soon anyway.

my son has been chosen to have a coaching session from Crook and Butterworth and play on the pitch - so he is dead chuffed about that , so of course we will be attending - might be a strange atmosphere though

[quote user="gary "]my son has been chosen to have a coaching session from Crook and Butterworth and play on the pitch - so he is dead chuffed about that , so of course we will be attending - might be a strange atmosphere though[/quote]

bl**dy happy clappy family club![:@] You new breed of fans don''t know you''re born[;)]

I won''t be going, once you''ve been once you''ve been a thousand times.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]Lets hope there are alot of Mexicans.......[/quote]You''ve already used that one! Must try harder next time! [:O]

The Open Day was interesting the first couple of times - seeing behind the scenes and all that - but I''m bored with it now. My son insists on going every year but this year he admits he might be tempted to give it a miss if we are relegated!

It is the same old thing every year and once you''ve seen it once you''ve seen it a thousand times but its a day for the kids, they love it.

Also there''s a fan forum late afternoon where you can question the board which might be interesting.

"On this day of glorious celebration for our most successful season in over 50 years, I do insist - that the loyal supporters who are attending, to refrain from asking ''unhelpful'' questions to our marvellous board of Directors!"......."and me".... 

Well Neil, you will be out of luck with that one, because I intend to ask a few questions and I am sure they will be most helpful to all those attending. Once you get your head out of the sand, that is.

Mello, please refrain from posting visual evidence of the main, I don''t wish to lose my supper!

[quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]Maybe this is me being too nice, but the open day has always been a day for the younger fans to meet the players, I used to love it, bored my dad stiff though. So as its for the kids I wouldnt think protesting is likely.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]
Maybe this is me being too nice, but the open day has always been a day for the younger fans to meet the players, I used to love it, bored my dad stiff though. So as its for the kids I wouldnt think protesting is likely.
[/quote]

the open day is good for 1 thing and 1 thing alone.. the supporters forum... this is THE BEST chance of giving Delia (and something tells me she wont be there) and her cronies a hard time.

if i can sort out a baby sitter for an hour i shall be there.... and im going to have my say.... bring a new pair of pants mr Doomcaster.

jas :)

Think it follows the friends of NCFC ''s auction which is held at 3.45pm so guess the forum will start at about 4.45pm.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]Maybe this is me being too nice, but the open day has always been a day for the younger fans to meet the players, I used to love it, bored my dad stiff though. So as its for the kids I wouldnt think protesting is likely.[/quote]

the open day is good for 1 thing and 1 thing alone.. the supporters forum... this is THE BEST chance of giving Delia (and something tells me she wont be there) and her cronies a hard time.

if i can sort out a baby sitter for an hour i shall be there.... and im going to have my say.... bring a new pair of pants mr Doomcaster.

[/quote]Yeah I suppose the supporters forum wont be attended by many children. Just got an image of 11 year olds putting there hands up to ask questions about spine roads.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Think it follows the friends of NCFC ''s auction which is held at 3.45pm so guess the forum will start at about 4.45pm.

[/quote]

...for 5 minutes ! [:D]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]
Maybe this is me being too nice, but the open day has always been a day for the younger fans to meet the players, I used to love it, bored my dad stiff though. So as its for the kids I wouldnt think protesting is likely.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah I suppose the supporters forum wont be attended by many children. Just got an image of 11 year olds putting there hands up to ask questions about spine roads.
[/quote]

....and spineless.....

Couldn''t agree more Jas, and if Mr Doncaster thinks we are all going to ask polite questions about what''s on the menu at Delia''s he''s even more deluded than we all thought.

Of course there will be tough questions, what on earth do they expect, they after all decided the date of the Open Day in the first place, so they have got no one but themselves to blame if the assembled supporters are a bit upset with how the season has panned out.

Jas, it''s usually around 4-5 pm, as CA says, it''s held immediately after the auction of player shirts. Look forward to a chance being given to every fan who wants some answers.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Thanks for that CA. I''ll try be there.

Website states that it starts at 5pm. I have been for the last 3 seasons and the only good thing is is sitting around the stadium trying to find an ideal seat to move my season ticket and the fans forum. This is the main reason i go and its really interesting. I remember last year it was joe ferrari, neil doncaster, roeder and dion dublin and mumby

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah but back in the day before the kids were "happy clappy paint yer face inflatable canary family community fans" they''d have sorted Doomcaster and the board no problem[:@]

"Oi four eyes!!! You can stick yer tangible fixed assets where the sun don''t shine!!!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Hoolahans right foot"]

not a day for a protest?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah but back in the day before the kids were "happy clappy paint yer face inflatable canary family community fans" they''d have sorted Doomcaster and the board no problem[:@]

"Oi four eyes!!! You can stick yer tangible fixed assets where the sun don''t shine!!!"

[/quote]

nutty nigel....spot on. our happy clapping family fans couldnt care if we were in the blue square premier they will always be singing delias barmy army. makes me feel sick.