Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Breaking news....Stephen Fry will not be investing in NCFC

[quote user="Satriales"]Not sure he has got much money though.Delia wouldnt allow it either.[/quote]That was my text that was read out. Pity Stephen Fry didn''t seem to be too keen on the idea (though he didn''t discount it!)

Cool.They kind of brushed over the whole subject didnt they. Typical, Norwich rarely talked about by the media even when they have a famous fan in.Im sure he has more money than your average person, dont think he has enough for football though.

Yeah, thought they''d talk about it for a bit but it didn''t really get past, ooh what a shame, anyway moving on to more important things like twitter! Hoping he''d slag off the board but that wasn''t very likely [:|]

I can also confirm that the "usual suspects" Bernard Mathews and Richard Branson will not be contributing to the club''s coffers either; nor will The Royal Family, Tesco and Bill Gates - pity that! Funny how crappy little clubs like QPR and Ippoo can attract major backers while we''re stuck with a penniless cook.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]I can also confirm that the "usual suspects" Bernard Mathews and Richard Branson will not be contributing to the club''s coffers either; nor will The Royal Family, Tesco and Bill Gates - pity that! Funny how crappy little clubs like QPR and Ippoo can attract major backers while we''re stuck with a penniless cook.[/quote]

The question whether Ippoo can attract major backers has still to be answered. The binners were all over this board last year when the published £12m investment was supposedly going to buy themselves into the Prem. Apart from Norris this doesn''t seem to have really brought any signiicant investment on the pitch at all and the money appears to have gone. Now Keane has turned up as a bit of a smokesscreen for Evans lack of investment. Indeed c15 players (admittedly uderperforming) will be out of contract and leaving this summer. Now Evans may well come good and we could see a stream of talent down the A140 or ualternatively we may see a small squad of owned players augmented by expensive loans. Sound familiar?

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]I can also confirm that the "usual suspects" Bernard Mathews and Richard Branson will not be contributing to the club''s coffers either; nor will The Royal Family, Tesco and Bill Gates - pity that! Funny how crappy little clubs like QPR and Ippoo can attract major backers while we''re stuck with a penniless cook.[/quote]

The question whether Ippoo can attract major backers has still to be answered. The binners were all over this board last year when the published £12m investment was supposedly going to buy themselves into the Prem. Apart from Norris this doesn''t seem to have really brought any signiicant investment on the pitch at all and the money appears to have gone. Now Keane has turned up as a bit of a smokesscreen for Evans lack of investment. Indeed c15 players (admittedly uderperforming) will be out of contract and leaving this summer. Now Evans may well come good and we could see a stream of talent down the A140 or ualternatively we may see a small squad of owned players augmented by expensive loans. Sound familiar?

[/quote]

......managed by a failure in the North East

[quote user="BigFish"]

[/quote]

As much as i`d like to believe your hypothesis BF i think it is generally accepted that Keane wouldn`t have gone anywhere near a Championship club (particularly one so far from his roots) without a promise of major investment, and if that investment is not forthcoming he will be straight out of the door.  I`m afraid i think the appointment means Evans means business.

Well done Spat, I happened to hear the programme, thought they changed the subject a bit too quickly. Was hoping someone would bring the subject up. It was strange in a way to hear us even get a mention on national radio!

I''ve heard the chap behind the Bennetts electrical stores is going to invest

Well if he is a failure....what is Gunn then? He couldn''t perspire let alone inspire.....and at least Keane would let them know when they haven''t turned up unlike Gunn who just brushed it under the carpet!!

I''m afraid I too am having to rule out investing in the club. I''m afraid I simply can''t stand the hairy mole on Michael Foulgar''s left cheek. For that reason, as the Dragons say, I''m out.