Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Murrell

Striker and defender needed

I think that Norwich need another striker and defender is needed but if they are signed in January, it will be too late because if we haven''t won by then, then it will be likely that we will be able to stay in the Premier League.

I think that we should buy:

Either, if we could afford him, Andy Johnson from palace, or Darren bent from Ips**ch or Marlon Harewood from West Ham. we need a proven goalscorer to keep us in the Premier League.

I think the ideal defender would be:

Wes Brown from Man U but, again we wouldn''t be able to afford him.

Apart from paying off debts and stand building payments, where has the 30 million from winning the first division gone?

We could not afford Andy Johnson who on this form would cost £5 million + , Darren Bent who would cost £3 million + or Wes Brown £3 million and lookslikehe will sign a new deal with Man Utd. Norwich only have £1.2 million to spend.

We could buy Harewood but he is not a proven goalscorer not even in the Championship and only has scored 4 league goals in 16 gamed so far.

We should try abroad and look for a good cheap striker.

Firstly, Andy Johnson is gonna cost us too much and is unaffordable, and secondly, he wouldn''t sign for us because we''re on the same level as palace. if he was to leave it would be for a more established team in the prem like tottenham or everton. i think we should sign a striker with whatever transfer funds in jan, possibly harewood, ashton or even Sutton. then i think we should try to get either wes brown or robert huth on loan till end of season. what d''ya reckon?

Before we splash out on a striker why don''t we give our own youngsters Henderson and Jarvis a chance to see if they can provide the goals.  Every week I watch MOTD and most weeks one of the other sides in the Premiership are giving a debut to a promising youngster, unfortunately that is not the case with Worthy.  Yes he did bring Henderson on for about 10 mins but once again played him as a right winger.  The guy admits that he likes to play in the middle up front so why don''t we try him there, he can''t do any worse than Svensson.

Why go for a defender when we already have Shackell who once again must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the side.  Against Newcastle he had an excellent game against Kluivert and Ameobi, next game dropped and not even on the bench.  Shackell is head and shoulders above any of our other defenders in the air, and given the chance would ensure we are not continually being put under pressure from crosses and corners, which occurs all too frequently in most of our games.

As far as I''m concerned it is a central midfield player that we are sadly missing.  In no game this season have I heard any commentator say that Norwich are controlling the midfield, if anything they usually say we are losing out in that department.  Francis is improving all the time and when he is warmed up is the closest player we have to fill that position.  Holt I''m afraid is not the man as we witnessed once again last night.  He seems to spend most of his time backing off his opponent, being bypassed, letting players run past him and then gesturing for other players to pick up the runner.  Safri or Mulryne should perhaps be given a chance to see if either of them can provide that little bit extra in midfield.  If that fails then let us splash out on someone like Parker of Chelsea to play that vital role.