Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

"You've let us down again"

What made me smile about that was the fact that he took it to the game! If they''d scored again he''d probably never got it out of his pocket. He possibly had a banner saying "Premiership here we come" in his other pocket! Would it be prudent to take two banners on Sunday or just ambitious to take one? If so.. which one?

May take something of similar ilk. Very different circumstances to the Wolves fans who were watching their team in a playoff semi!

Even if we stay up on Sunday i do not regard it as an acceptable season or anything for which anyone should get any plaudits.

How long before some bright spark starts printing T shirts emblazoned with   "Norwich City...On loan to League One for 1 season". ?

But then we all know where "loaning" gets you,don''t we?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

May take something of similar ilk. Very different circumstances to the Wolves fans who were watching their team in a playoff semi!

Even if we stay up on Sunday i do not regard it as an acceptable season or anything for which anyone should get any plaudits.

[/quote]

It seems absolutely incredible to me that fans who feel so strongly against the board are posting on here what they may do. Back in 2006, not even 12 months after our relegation, we had Worthy Out web site, stickers, banners, organised marches, organised petitions, a public meeting at St Andrews Hall and loud and comparitively well attended protests inside and outside the ground. Now after 4 seasons of decline it''s "I may take a banner"! I''m not having a pop at you Jim but can you explain it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

It seems absolutely incredible to me that fans who feel so strongly against the board are posting on here what they may do. Back in 2006, not even 12 months after our relegation, we had Worthy Out web site, stickers, banners, organised marches, organised petitions, a public meeting at St Andrews Hall and loud and comparitively well attended protests inside and outside the ground. Now after 4 seasons of decline it''s "I may take a banner"! I''m not having a pop at you Jim but can you explain it?

[/quote]

Worthy was something that people felt they could do something about.  People who would make a fuss realise that doing so would probably be counter-productive.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I think Nutty, that the placid people of Norwich have reached their breaking point.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy was something that people felt they could do something about.  People who would make a fuss realise that doing so would probably be counter-productive.

[/quote]

I beg to differ Blah. I reckon there''s nobody prepared to lead the protest this time around. Plenty of followers mind, porobably as many as before, no leader though.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I think Nutty, that the placid people of Norwich have reached their breaking point.

[/quote]

I think many did a long time ago. But they have continually looked for leadership. Not just Smudger turning up outside the ground when we lose. Proper leadership. Why do you think it hasn''t happened Wazzy? The websites, the St. Annies public meeting, the posters, banners and flyers, the organised protests and marches - why haven''t they happened?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think many did a long time ago. But they have continually looked for leadership. Not just Smudger turning up outside the ground when we lose. Proper leadership. Why do you think it hasn''t happened Wazzy? The websites, the St. Annies public meeting, the posters, banners and flyers, the organised protests and marches - why haven''t they happened?

[/quote]

I can''t answer that, it amazed me (and City Angel0 that so many fans went home after Mondays fiasco and didn''t protest.

Perhaps the straw has now broken the camels back, only time will tell.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could it just be that the base passion is not there any more.

The club has been sanitised to a large degree that was not there in the past.

You can shout at "the fat controller" take exception at a blarney spinner, but loveable old Delia the fans fan?

She made us the best fans in the world, how could you turn against that!!

We ned to resurect a whitchfinder general someone who does not care that it''s an old woman that needs a good ducking! I said ducking mello!

Any volunteers out there with your own big pin?

[quote user="Duffman"]I was rather tempted to take a ''Roeder, you''re a c**t'' banner to the sky game on Monday.

Never got round to it though.
[/quote]

Don''t sit on the fence here Duffman, tell us what you truly feel. [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t answer that, it amazed me (and City Angel0 that so many fans went home after Mondays fiasco and didn''t protest.

Perhaps the straw has now broken the camels back, only time will tell.

[/quote]

The obvious answer to that is that going home is what they wanted to do. And since then the focus of those who did protest has been those other fans instead of what the protest was about.

I still believe there would have been hundreds there if the protest against Delia (and lets face it thats what it is) had any proper leadership.

It was only going to be a small banner so I had to get straight to the punch line.Perhaps I will get a T-shirt made with that on for next season.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can shout at "the fat controller" take exception at a blarney spinner, but loveable old Delia the fans fan?

We ned to resurect a whitchfinder general someone who does not care that it''s an old woman that needs a good ducking! I said ducking mello!

[/quote]

No. Take the focus away from the fans. Ask why there was no St Annies type meeting like there was for Worthy. Ask those who were prepared to lead then why they aren''t now. It''s the easy option to blame the fans for everything. 3,000 going to Charlton? Delia got it right - Norwich fans are the best in the world.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty - my explanation is that i have an awful lot of anger burning inside me about how this club has fallen from grace. i also believe that events such as the ovation given to Delia at Ipswich mean that many of the powers that be are sheltered from how many of the fans are feeling. Holding up a banner may not make any difference at all but it may well help me to get one or two things off my chest! Since i don''t suppoe we will be able to get within 100 yards of anyone from the board on Sunday what else are people supposed to do!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. Take the focus away from the fans. Ask why there was no St Annies type meeting like there was for Worthy. Ask those who were prepared to lead then why they aren''t now. It''s the easy option to blame the fans for everything. 3,000 going to Charlton? Delia got it right - Norwich fans are the best in the world.

[/quote]

Who is supposed to demonstrate if not the fans?

Delia shouting board out?

I am debating the options of best.

Great never mind the quality feel the width.

3000 celebrating our relegation, great party, in years to come you can say "I was there" .

Can you remember when we had a proffesional club? No dad weren''t we always in the blue square league?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty - my explanation is that i have an awful lot of anger burning inside me about how this club has fallen from grace. i also believe that events such as the ovation given to Delia at Ipswich mean that many of the powers that be are sheltered from how many of the fans are feeling. Holding up a banner may not make any difference at all but it may well help me to get one or two things off my chest! Since i don''t suppoe we will be able to get within 100 yards of anyone from the board on Sunday what else are people supposed to do!

[/quote]

That''s fair enough Jim. I don''t have a problem with any banners you or anyone else may take. I have never said I do. I totally understand why you may want to take a banner what I don''t understand is why there has been no Worthy Out type leadership and also why the focus of those who do protest seems to have become other fans.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you serious Jim. She will come over to all her fans who will sing and chant her name.

Say how brave she is and how dedicated to be there at all. Oh God beam me up Smudger!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

3000 celebrating our relegation, great party, in years to come you can say "I was there" .

Can you remember when we had a proffesional club? No dad weren''t we always in the blue square league?

[/quote]

OK Butler.. you protest against the fans if you want[*-)] If you get them out who are you going to replace them with[:^)] Do you believe there is a queue of foreign investors waiting in the wings to buy my season ticket[:^)] I have committed over 40 years of financial and emotional support to my club[:''(] You''ll be expecting me to give my ticket away for nothing next[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s fair enough Jim. I don''t have a problem with any banners you or anyone else may take. I have never said I do. I totally understand why you may want to take a banner what I don''t understand is why there has been no Worthy Out type leadership and also why the focus of those who do protest seems to have become other fans.

[/quote]

I don''t think the focus is other fans but i do think there is a clear element of frustration amongst those who you might term "protesters" at the general level of apathy or indeed stubborn refusal of many within our fanbase to see what is happening before their very eyes. Nobody is protesting against the fans but i think its legitimate to point out that giving our owner a standing ovation at ipswich after a humiliating defeat when the club stands on the verge of its lowest ebb for 50 years is not helpful in terms of conveying to said owner that the fans are deeply unhappy with what is going on.

As to your point about leadership - who knows. In general even the Worthy out campaign was in reality pretty small scale and its clear that the militancy amongst our support is not what it was back in the Chase days. possibly due to how the demographic of our support has changed but also due to the fact that many of the "fans leaders" back in that day are now older, have families and (whilst they still care) do not have the stomach to take up the mantle with the risks of arrest associated with that! personally I think that NCISA should have been more prominant although i do understand that they have to reflect the views of the whole of their membership rather than just the more militant element!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Butler.. you protest against the fans if you want[*-)] If you get them out who are you going to replace them with[:^)] Do you believe there is a queue of foreign investors waiting in the wings to buy my season ticket[:^)] I have committed over 40 years of financial and emotional support to my club[:''(] You''ll be expecting me to give my ticket away for nothing next[:O]

[/quote]

Since when have I said protest AGAINST the fans?

Or do you count Delia as the fans?

You are twisting things Nutty.

You asked why no organised demos. Read my answer.

The fans are not to blame for this mess,(if so I will include myself) BUT continuing to send happy messages to Delia in no way to get the point over.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For me Nutty it boils down to the realisation that there is no knight in shining armour hiding in the shadows.  I know people like to believe that Cullum will step in but personally I just think the guys all paper talk and no substance.

I don''t see this time around where plan B is, or where it''s coming from. If the wicked cook goes are we doomed to administration? I don''t know. If she was forced out would anybody step into the breach? Again I don''t know.  The only glimmer of light I can see is maybe Foulger and a consortium of others, but is this glimmer enough to start the proceedings to remove Delia. I feel it is time for her removal along with hubby, and the king of spin Doncaster but reality is holding me back.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I don''t think the focus is other fans but i do think there is a clear element of frustration amongst those who you might term "protesters" at the general level of apathy or indeed stubborn refusal of many within our fanbase to see what is happening before their very eyes. Nobody is protesting against the fans but i think its legitimate to point out that giving our owner a standing ovation at ipswich after a humiliating defeat when the club stands on the verge of its lowest ebb for 50 years is not helpful in terms of conveying to said owner that the fans are deeply unhappy with what is going on.

As to your point about leadership - who knows. In general even the Worthy out campaign was in reality pretty small scale and its clear that the militancy amongst our support is not what it was back in the Chase days. possibly due to how the demographic of our support has changed but also due to the fact that many of the "fans leaders" back in that day are now older, have families and (whilst they still care) do not have the stomach to take up the mantle with the risks of arrest associated with that! personally I think that NCISA should have been more prominant although i do understand that they have to reflect the views of the whole of their membership rather than just the more militant element!

[/quote]

I''d be interested to know if nCIsA canvassed their membership or sent out questionairres before the public meeting at St Annies to discuss Worthy. And if you call the Worthy Out campaign small scale what would you call Mondays protest by comparison? It''s only 3 years ago for goodness sake. The support hasn''t changed that much!

[/quote]

I''d be interested to know if nCIsA canvassed their membership or sent out questionairres before the public meeting at St Annies to discuss Worthy. And if you call the Worthy Out campaign small scale what would you call Mondays protest by comparison? It''s only 3 years ago for goodness sake. The support hasn''t changed that much!

[/quote]

I would call Monday''s protest embarrassing - not in reference to those that felt the need to go to it (fair play to them) but in terms of the general scale and the fact the police were so unconcerned about it they simply left after a while!

The Worthy out campaign was small scale and in truth i don''t believe made a great deal of difference to him eventually getting the boot as I know for a fact that it was the game and events at Plymouth away that was the tunring point in that regard. Still, again, at least the Worthy out protesters cared enough to do something.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I beg to differ Blah. I reckon there''s nobody prepared to lead the protest this time around. Plenty of followers mind, porobably as many as before, no leader though.

[/quote]

I guess you''d have to ask the guy who organised Worthy Out that question - hasn''t he been to pickers'' meetings in the past ?  I would imagine that he''s as fed up as everyone else, but can''t see the point in asking the board to sack themselves.  He always struck me as an intelligent bloke, good at organising people.  You are right, without someone of that calibre, dissenting voices won''t be heard outside the ground.  Which leaves the local paper...

I''m getting dizzy Butler my friend. How is a thread about making protest banners sending happy messages to Delia. I don''t like the way the focus has turned to the fans, that''s all. Will you be taking a banner to Charlton?

So we waved our hands as we sang along
and the people smiled as we sang our song
and the world was saved as they listened to the band.
and the Banner-Man held the banner high

he was ten feet tall and he touched the sky
and I wish that I could be a Banner-Man.

Glory
Glory
Glory

listen to the band.
Sing the same old story
ain''t it something grand

to be good as you can
like a Banner-Man !

Remember Blue Mink?

I have to go to cash and carry and do some work now... but..... I''ll be back!!!!!!!!![;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty I believe that there isn''t as many people against Delia as there was against Worthington, when the worthy out protests got into full swing there was probably around 90% of Norwich fans who were behind the idea. Delia still has atleast some backing from the fans, all be it very mute one. Lets not forget that she helped build this club into the family club it is today and many of your traditional family supporters love Delia and aren''t prepared to turn against her, that''s my theory anyway.