Sign in to follow this  
Jumpers for Goalposts

We Don't have a divine Right to Play in the Championship

Having spent the last seven months in Australia I have managed to avoid much of the shambles that has mascaraded as a football team at Carrow Road this season.  A superficial look at this notice board makes it clear just how angry, hurt and betrayed many supporters feel to see our beloved football club in this predicament.  The Players and the Board have undoubtedly let the Club and the Supporters downIf we end up in League One next season it will be because the Board, the Players and a succession of Managers have forfeited our right to play in the Championship or higher.  Every club we play next season deserves our respect.  If we think we are guranteed promotion becuase we see ourselves as a ''big club'' I fear it will be a very long season.I fear for the future of our club in the current Board remains in place as it appears to be in danger of becoming as despised and resented as the Chase regime (by some supporters at least).  Imo, financial constraints will mean that a siginifcant proportion of next seasons squad will be made of of academy players, who will hopefullly go on and make names for themse;ves as many have before them. I sincerely hope that relegation to League One will mark a new start rather than a sad end. 

You and me both!

However would still prefer us to escape relegation and start a new era that way.

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]
I sincerely hope that relegation to League One will mark a new start rather than a sad end. 
[/quote]

Me too.

the 17-20 thousand supporters have that right , if it was not for the idiots in charge , we would .

the is a handfull of people to blame for the fall of our great club , and they kow who they are.

[quote user="CT "]

A new era will NOT happen unless we go down.....

[/quote]

agreed, you need to ripe the slate clean in the summer regardless, obviously this is harder if you stay up and your angaist better opposition! you really need to strip the club to 4-5players and re-start imo, said this about 18months ago when you kept loaning and loaning that the system wont work,

Agreed. Let''s stop increasing the value of other club''s players by developing them, playing them and paying them.

Let''s concentrate on our own players, develop our own youth players and stop loaning players.

We must have a serious look at our academy ..... how many regular first team players have we produced in the last five years?

It''s unfortunate but the new start will be more difficult if we stay up as we will have few players of the quality needed and no funds to get any decent players in ...... and then, God forbid, the powers that be might have to look at loanees again!

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]Sadly you''re right CT.  The current Board have lacked both the finance and ambition that the club and supporters deserve.  Hopefully they will be long one before the start of next season. 

[quote user="singing canary"]

the 17-20 thousand supporters have that right , if it was not for the idiots in charge , we would .

the is a handfull of people to blame for the fall of our great club , and they kow who they are.

[/quote]I agree that the Board is to blame for our predicament.  They''[ve failed to provide funding or ambition for far too long, and, and have got the choice of Manager woefully wrong on too many occassions.However, you could also argue that 20,000 supporters going to Carrow Road every other week regardless of the c**p on offer has helped the Board to remain in place, and argue that the majority of supporters were happy with their running of the club.

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

I agree that the Board is to blame for our predicament.  They''[ve failed to provide funding or ambition for far too long, and, and have got the choice of Manager woefully wrong on too many occassions.

However, you could also argue that 20,000 supporters going to Carrow Road every other week regardless of the c**p on offer has helped the Board to remain in place, and argue that the majority of supporters were happy with their running of the club.

[/quote]

You might want to get your tin hat out for that last,spot on, comment!

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

What is it you know C.T, this group of people who are going to invest, are we talking big money or enough just to save the club?

I''d really rather not say.... if it doesnt happen then I will look like a massive idiot.

Be safe in the knowledge that Delia isnt the only person who ''cares'' enough about the club to put money in though.

[quote user="CT "]

I''d really rather not say.... if it doesnt happen then I will look like a massive idiot.

Be safe in the knowledge that Delia isnt the only person who ''cares'' enough about the club to put money in though.

[/quote]

Understand that CT, just want to see some light at the end of the tunnel,cant see any at the moment.

[quote user="timncfc"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

What is it you know C.T, this group of people who are going to invest, are we talking big money or enough just to save the club?

[/quote]

CT knows sweet fanny adams, don''t them him trick you into thinking otherwise.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]Having spent the last seven months in Australia [/quote]

Your not Alans nephew are you?

[/quote]No.  I was at the Australian Cricket Academy studying coaching techniques.

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

So if we are relegated on Sunday can I renew my st safe in the knowledge that Smith and Jones will be history before the start of next season CT?

It''s the height of insanity to expect different results if we don''t change things at the club....otherwise its just wishful thinking!!

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

So if we are relegated on Sunday can I renew my st safe in the knowledge that Smith and Jones will be history before the start of next season CT?

[/quote]As I''ve said before (in the quoted bit infact) - I dont know that a takeover will definitely happen. I wouldnt want you to re-knew on what I''ve said because I''m not 100% on this. I''m around 80% sure. Please dont reknew on the back of what I''ve said because it may not happen.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]As I''ve said before (in the quoted bit infact) - I dont know that a takeover will definitely happen. I wouldnt want you to re-knew on what I''ve said because I''m not 100% on this. I''m around 80% sure. Please dont reknew on the back of what I''ve said because it may not happen.[/quote]LOL what a load of rubbish, CT you don''t know anything about a potential takeover.  Crazy.

[quote user="CT "]NCFC_star you can believe that if you want..[/quote]Don''t worry I will, you are what 16, 17?  Not in contact with anyone local because you live in Cambridge, if you know something and others don''t then I am a monkey''s uncle.