Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

I'm easily annoyed by Bryan Gunn

I have to say Gunn really annoys me. I hate it when people say "oh everyone loves Gunn" - no they don''t, I don''t. I''m a season ticket holder and it just annoys me seeing him on the touchline each week.

When we launched the kit I felt that it was more about Gunn promoting his family rather than the new kit. It was just very very naff that his daughter was involved. Gunn loves the limelight and power that being manager brings.

I was working on an event once that was put on by Archant. The lady who I was working with was talking about special guests we could invite to the event. Someone suggested Bryan Gunn, he comment was "No, not Gunn, everytime you open a door Gunn seems to be there", meaning he''s always getting his face seen somewhere. I have no time for Gunn at all.

As a canary legend of the past, i think thats where he should stay! on his performaces and the way he conducts himself on the side lines and in interviews, he gives no confidence he is the man for the job! Surprise [:O]

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

I have to say Gunn really annoys me. I hate it when people say "oh everyone loves Gunn" - no they don''t, I don''t. I''m a season ticket holder and it just annoys me seeing him on the touchline each week.

When we launched the kit I felt that it was more about Gunn promoting his family rather than the new kit. It was just very very naff that his daughter was involved. Gunn loves the limelight and power that being manager brings.

I was working on an event once that was put on by Archant. The lady who I was working with was talking about special guests we could invite to the event. Someone suggested Bryan Gunn, he comment was "No, not Gunn, everytime you open a door Gunn seems to be there", meaning he''s always getting his face seen somewhere. I have no time for Gunn at all.

[/quote]

Brayn loves you too

jas :)

Gunn loves the limelight and power that being manager brings.

[/quote]

Very true this. It seems that Mr Gunn is a bit of a show off. Always boasting about his friendships and close ties with fellow managers. The problem is he isnt a very good one. Deep down I reckon Gunn knows this journey will only be a short one and is making the most of the little time he has left. Lets face facts, he wont venture back into management after his awful record here. Unless there is a truly desperate team out there ofcourse. Mr Gunn is the last of the true pretenders imo.

[/quote]

Speaking personally, there is nothing I find annoying about Gunny. On the other hand, Bryan Hamilton, Glen Reeper, the board''s amateurism and the fact that we are being relegated - I find very annoying indeed.

[/quote]

Don''t worry spike, Gunn''s having the same effect on me too.

[quote user="canari francais"]

Though Gunn is not, and never will be,a footy manager,he does not annoy me.

The people who annoy me are the idiots who appointed him back in Jan.

[/quote]

How on earth do you know ? What a silly statement to make. Just empty speculation.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry spike, Gunn''s having the same effect on me too.

[/quote]

Not to mention the effect that you have on most posters on here Wizard

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="canari francais"]

[/quote]

How on earth do you know ? What a silly statement to make. Just empty speculation.

[/quote]

So his tactical nous,selection decisions etc have filled you with confidence for the future have they, L Snooty?

Do any of his pronouncements suggest to you that he is going to make a go of management at this level?

[quote user="canari francais"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="canari francais"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So his tactical nous,selection decisions etc have filled you with confidence for the future have they, L Snooty?

Do any of his pronouncements suggest to you that he is going to make a go of management at this level?

[/quote]

Too early to tell is my point, particularly when you remember that he took over a club in turmoil with only days to go before the end of the deadline. Having said that he clearly has good man management skills and the acumen to bring in Crook and Butterworth. The problem is that he has been obliged to make the transition to the job of manager at a time when clearly an established and experienced manager seemed the more logical option .......... that having been said we''ll never know whether an Adie Boothroyd or a Mark Robbins would have done better. For the future, my view is that Gunn does have the potential to become a good, solid manager. Only my opinion of course.

As far as tactical nous is concerned, do you think Roeder had this quality ? I don''t think so.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"] For the future, my view is that Gunn does have the potential to become a good, solid manager. Only my opinion of course.

[/quote]

Thank Gawd for that then![:S]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][.

As far as tactical nous is concerned, do you think Roeder had this quality ? I don''t think so.

[/quote]

Never mentioned Roedent. You brought him up.

But,for the record he was crap as well.

Of course it''s about opinions. The above is mine. nothing more

I think what annoyed me was the process that ended up with him being the manager, first it was the Northern Irish FA turning down an approach for Worthy which was bad enough then followed by one game against Barnsley in which everything went for us he is given the job.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="canari francais"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="canari francais"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too early to tell is my point, particularly when you remember that he took over a club in turmoil with only days to go before the end of the deadline. Having said that he clearly has good man management skills and the acumen to bring in Crook and Butterworth. The problem is that he has been obliged to make the transition to the job of manager at a time when clearly an established and experienced manager seemed the more logical option .......... that having been said we''ll never know whether an Adie Boothroyd or a Mark Robbins would have done better. For the future, my view is that Gunn does have the potential to become a good, solid manager. Only my opinion of course.

[/quote]

"This is the Chief Steward speaking and could I have all the passengers attention please....The Captain and the co-pilot have both collapsed, both are unconscious and are unable to fly or land the aircraft! It''s presently flying on auto-pilot....Is there anyone who has a pilot''s licence? Anyone? Anyone? Please!.....

Please! If anyone is able to fly an aircraft, could they immediately make themselves known to the cabin crew - it''s an EMERGENCY!"

Step forward "I CAN TURN MY HAND, TO ANYTHING - MAN!"

"Hi! Cabin staff, I think I may be able to help. My names Bryan Gunn, I was a professional goalkeeper and also Sheriff of Norwich! Then I was the NCFC club hospitality ''head honcho'', followed by Club Liaison geezer - which involved discussions over possible transfers - and lot''s and lot''s of lovely loan signings....I was also temporary goalie coach for quite a bit of the season....but that wasn''t much fun...

Right, this flying malarkey looks a piece of pi$$, get me to the flight deck and let''s get this baby on the ground!..... 

OK then......what''s this switch do?.... 

At last some sanity! The bloke isn''t a football manager. He has no experience, qualifications or background to be a manager. If we had money Bryan Gunn would still be organising golf days. Anyone on here think Gunn would have got anywhere near the manager''s job if the board had a pot to p**s in?

...and as for the apparent brilliance of bringing in Crooky (no experience at this level, not much knowledge of this division) and Butterworth (sacked Asst Manager, Cardiff and kicking around the lower leagues as a coach). Marvellous!

I will qualify that by saying Butters could have been a useful addition, I suspect, if the club were in progressive mode but none of them are the right choice for the situation we have found ourselves in this season.

I find Gunny''s voice ever so slightly irritating, but not nearly as annoying as Chris Boreham''s. He always sounds as though he''s deeply in love with himself and I find his Norritch (Norridge) and Schhtriker (striker) pronunciations irritating in the extreme.

How old is this bloke?

Last time that I saw him, he was in goal for Norwich. Saw him on the tv a few days ago and he looks about one hundred and eight!

Can''t all be due to relegation worries, can it?

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

How old is this bloke?

Last time that I saw him, he was in goal for Norwich. Saw him on the tv a few days ago and he looks about one hundred and eight!

Can''t all be due to relegation worries, can it?

[/quote]

Nah Andy.

He''s been sponging off he club for years, jobs have been invented just for him by the board, and he''s been eating too many freebie corperate dinners as well.

A first class puppet for the board.

He may be a "modern" legend.... but he doesn''t hold a candle compared to our truly great ''keeper Kevin Keelan.

Nice bloke...tragic episode with his daughter for which I have the utmost respect...but not in the same league as a player as some who have gone before him.

But for his dubious Smith induced ambassadorial position he would be a largely forgotten figure by now.

For the last time, its the board who are to blame not Bryan Gunn.  He''s got a squad of Championship/League 1 players, but apparantly we should be attempting to play in the Premiership.  And another thing......oh I cant be bothered

[quote user="book end"][

On the other hand, Bryan Hamilton, Glen Reeper, the board''s amateurism and the fact that we are being relegated - I find very annoying indeed.

[/quote]

Personally I think Bryan Hamilton made giant steps in the Canary''s progress to where they deserve to be.

Well done that man.  Big Smile [:D]

[/quote]

Maybe he''s not the man jor the job but he was given the job and he does love this club.  I would like to see someone else in the role next season but your initial post is far more annoying than Bryan Gunn will ever be!

People moan about all the roles he''s had but at the end of the day he has a family and if he is offered a job he will take it the same as everyone else!!

I have no time for you.