Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

the 20% rebate if relegated...

Why do you think it couldn''t work Nutty? Surely all they have to do is send everyone a letter trying to persuade people to let them keep it. Maybe they wouldn''t do it but I certainly don''t think it''s unfeasible should they choose to.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why do you think it couldn''t work Nutty? Surely all they have to do is send everyone a letter trying to persuade people to let them keep it. Maybe they wouldn''t do it but I certainly don''t think it''s unfeasible should they choose to.[/quote]

Yes Graham, I guess they could. Maybe they will then. I don''t still have the relevant document but I was under the impression we had bought our season tickets under the assumption that they would be cheaper if we were relegated. Not that they could be cheaper. But I wouldn''t be happy if they did lay a guilt trip for their failure at the fans door.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Nope. Maybe it won''t happen but I don''t see the harm in discussing scenarios which could potentially happen.[/quote]

Not only that, we know the club keeps an eye on these message boards.  If they see how much feeling there is against it they might think twice about doing it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?[/quote]

Have you got an opinion on my weekly shop at ASDA too Crafty[:^)]

Ching! Ching!

[:|]

[/quote]

What the hell has that to do with anything? You believe in rewarding mediocrity? No doubt a Labour ''we know how to spend your money better than you do'' voter.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?[/quote]

Ching! Ching!

[/quote]

What the hell has that to do with anything? You believe in rewarding mediocrity? No doubt a Labour ''we know how to spend your money better than you do'' voter.

[/quote]

Surely it''s you that has an opinion how other people should spend their money[*-)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Nope. Maybe it won''t happen but I don''t see the harm in discussing scenarios which could potentially happen.[/quote]

Not only that, we know the club keeps an eye on these message boards.  If they see how much feeling there is against it they might think twice about doing it.

[/quote]

Yep.. they are bound to make a decision on season tickets based on what a load of people who don''t have season tickets are saying on here[8-)]

Shall I get sugar puffs this week Cherub? Or are Frosties cheaper!

Certainly not, just expressing my opinion (another idea Labour are opposed to) on a thread about the topic. What people acually do is their decision. Some may choose to waive the rebate if asked to do so and as it''s their money then that''s thier right (I''m not a Labour voter you''ll notice) just as some would be happy to be kicked in the gonads by Delia and her cohort.

No Crafty. Your post was exactly like Labour ''we know how to spend your money better than you do''.

Only in this post did you state that it was season ticket holders right to choose.

Great post Mutley, have to agree on most of it.

Concentrating on the season ticket rebate, I would claim mine back as if relegated surely then I would not be paying for the same thing I was as the day I renewed. That''s the first undeniable fact. Surely it would be better for the club to start to discuss changing the renewal times. What other clubs have their first renewal date in February/March?

I would however let them keep the £70 odd (I haven''t worked out the exact amount to be honest) on the following conditions:

Mr Doncaster leaves the club with immediate effect.

Delia and Michael consider a more realistic price on their shareholding.

The board appoint some competent people to run the club in the interim of finding replacements for Delia and Michael.

Questions asked are actually answered re Cullum, the Turners'' departure and why we have so many people at the club in a non playing capacity.

The board can convince me they are working towards a well thought out strategy for moving the club forward, ideas for bringing in additional revenue.

The club appoint a manager for next season who has some experience of managing a club at our level and of achieving promotion and building a squad without using loan players unless absolutely necessary.

There is great accountability for all employees of the club, particularly at management level. For those on the board who still think we are a "well run club" think again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ching! Ching!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely it''s you that has an opinion how other people should spend their money[*-)]

[/quote]

It`s supporters being too ignorant/complacent/compliant to question how the club spends its money which had lead us into this predicament......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ching! Ching!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It`s supporters being too ignorant/complacent/compliant to question how the club spends its money which had lead us into this predicament......

[/quote]

No doubt you vote Labour too then! Or is it just the Norfolk Boys[:|]

Whilst they pay Doncaster in excess of £3000 per week I wonder where my measly amount would go so I would take any rebate offered. If as others say Doncaster was sacked for repeated failure of the main business of Norwich City Football Club namely the football team then I would reconsider but I feel theres more chance of us being in the Conference than that happening.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Whilst they pay Doncaster in excess of £3000 per week I wonder where my measly amount would go so I would take any rebate offered. If as others say Doncaster was sacked for repeated failure of the main business of Norwich City Football Club namely the football team then I would reconsider but I feel theres more chance of us being in the Conference than that happening.[/quote]

I can''t see how just getting rid of Doncaster is going to solve a thing, we''d still be left with Smith and Jones. All major decisions within the club come from the top and Doncaster is only a puppet for the board, the whole damn lot of them will have to go before we see an improvement.

You have to love football teams"Football is a business" when promoted and prices go up often more than inflation.and then a charity when times are bad.I bet if Norwich city got bought for 100 million there would be no dividend for season ticket holders.Norwich city fans pay in numbers, they pay early and they also pay often which makes them excellent customers.  I would not expect my customers to pay for my poor performance if anything they would want money from me.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Great post Mutley, have to agree on most of it. Concentrating on the season ticket rebate, I would claim mine back as if relegated surely then I would not be paying for the same thing I was as the day I renewed. That''s the first undeniable fact. Surely it would be better for the club to start to discuss changing the renewal times. What other clubs have their first renewal date in February/March? I would however let them keep the £70 odd (I haven''t worked out the exact amount to be honest) on the following conditions: Mr Doncaster leaves the club with immediate effect. Delia and Michael consider a more realistic price on their shareholding. The board appoint some competent people to run the club in the interim of finding replacements for Delia and Michael. Questions asked are actually answered re Cullum, the Turners'' departure and why we have so many people at the club in a non playing capacity. The board can convince me they are working towards a well thought out strategy for moving the club forward, ideas for bringing in additional revenue. The club appoint a manager for next season who has some experience of managing a club at our level and of achieving promotion and building a squad without using loan players unless absolutely necessary. There is great accountability for all employees of the club, particularly at management level. For those on the board who still think we are a "well run club" think again.[/quote]

All those demands for £70 gazza [:)]

Anybody that waives their rebate is very wrong cause they are condoning failiure!

While the rebate money is better than nothing I don''t particulatly need it but as a matter of principle the club will not be keeping my rebate money!

[quote user="colin smith"]well said![/quote]

Edit your details: colin smith| pink''un Home | Forums | Logout | Settings

Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 45 replies.

PrintSearch

Enable E-mail Replies

Sort Posts:    

Today, 12:00 PM

Graham Humphrey is not online. Last active: 02/05/2009 11:32:47Graham Humphrey

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 21/06/2007
Norwich
Posts 2,522

Re: the 20% rebate if relegated...

ReplyQuote

Why do you think it couldn''t work Nutty? Surely all they have to do is send everyone a letter trying to persuade people to let them keep it. Maybe they wouldn''t do it but I certainly don''t think it''s unfeasible should they choose to.

Today, 12:10 PM

nutty nigel is not online. Last active: 23/04/2009 16:51:39nutty nigel

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 6,617

ReplyQuote

Graham Humphrey wrote:

Yes Graham, I guess they could. Maybe they will then. I don''t still have the relevant document but I was under the impression we had bought our season tickets under the assumption that they would be cheaper if we were relegated. Not that they could be cheaper. But I wouldn''t be happy if they did lay a guilt trip for their failure at the fans door.

Big Up to DIXMAR RACING who sponsor the Pink ''n Posters Picks! Check them out 01603 424936. Join in the Free Bet Thread each week to raise more money for The Academy.

Today, 12:12 PM

canary cherub   is not online. Last active: 28/04/2009 01:52:02canary cherub

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 05/10/2005
attleborough
Posts 3,755

ReplyQuote

Graham Humphrey wrote:

Nope. Maybe it won''t happen but I don''t see the harm in discussing scenarios which could potentially happen.

Today, 12:14 PM

crafty canary is not online. Last active: 02/02/2009 17:36:31crafty canary

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 535

ReplyQuote

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?

Have you got an opinion on my weekly shop at ASDA too CraftyHuh? [:^)]

Ching! Ching!

Indifferent [:|]

Scourge Of The Scum

Today, 12:16 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 6,617

ReplyQuote

crafty canary wrote:

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?

Ching! Ching!

Surely it''s you that has an opinion how other people should spend their moneyConfused [*-)]

Big Up to DIXMAR RACING who sponsor the Pink ''n Posters Picks! Check them out 01603 424936. Join in the Free Bet Thread each week to raise more money for The Academy.

Today, 12:18 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 6,617

ReplyQuote

canary cherub wrote:

Graham Humphrey wrote:

Nope. Maybe it won''t happen but I don''t see the harm in discussing scenarios which could potentially happen.

Yep.. they are bound to make a decision on season tickets based on what a load of people who don''t have season tickets are saying on hereConfused [8-)]

Shall I get sugar puffs this week Cherub? Or are Frosties cheaper!

Today, 12:21 PM

crafty canary is not online. Last active: 02/02/2009 17:36:31crafty canary

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 535

ReplyQuote

Certainly not, just expressing my opinion (another idea Labour are opposed to) on a thread about the topic. What people acually do is their decision. Some may choose to waive the rebate if asked to do so and as it''s their money then that''s thier right (I''m not a Labour voter you''ll notice) just as some would be happy to be kicked in the gonads by Delia and her cohort.

Scourge Of The Scum

Today, 12:29 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 6,617

ReplyQuote

No Crafty. Your post was exactly like Labour ''we know how to spend your money better than you do''.

Only in this post did you state that it was season ticket holders right to choose.

Today, 1:35 PM

gazzathegreat is not online. Last active: 11/11/2008 23:28:45gazzathegreat

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 18/08/2003
Shadow of the Barclay
Posts 4,264

ReplyQuote

Great post Mutley, have to agree on most of it.

Concentrating on the season ticket rebate, I would claim mine back as if relegated surely then I would not be paying for the same thing I was as the day I renewed. That''s the first undeniable fact. Surely it would be better for the club to start to discuss changing the renewal times. What other clubs have their first renewal date in February/March?

I would however let them keep the £70 odd (I haven''t worked out the exact amount to be honest) on the following conditions:

Mr Doncaster leaves the club with immediate effect.

Delia and Michael consider a more realistic price on their shareholding.

The board appoint some competent people to run the club in the interim of finding replacements for Delia and Michael.

Questions asked are actually answered re Cullum, the Turners'' departure and why we have so many people at the club in a non playing capacity.

The board can convince me they are working towards a well thought out strategy for moving the club forward, ideas for bringing in additional revenue.

The club appoint a manager for next season who has some experience of managing a club at our level and of achieving promotion and building a squad without using loan players unless absolutely necessary.

There is great accountability for all employees of the club, particularly at management level. For those on the board who still think we are a "well run club" think again.

Today, 1:49 PM

Mr.Carrow is not online. Last active: 21/01/2009 11:24:00Mr.Carrow

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 06/12/2003
Posts 2,370

ReplyQuote

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

Ching! Ching!

Surely it''s you that has an opinion how other people should spend their moneyConfused [*-)]

Today, 2:50 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 6,617

ReplyQuote

Mr.Carrow wrote:

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

nutty nigel wrote:

crafty canary wrote:

Ching! Ching!

No doubt you vote Labour too then! Or is it just the Norfolk BoysIndifferent [:|]

Today, 3:00 PM

ridgeman is not online. Last active: 04/01/2009 18:56:25ridgeman

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 12/04/2004
Posts 926

ReplyQuote

Whilst they pay Doncaster in excess of £3000 per week I wonder where my measly amount would go so I would take any rebate offered. If as others say Doncaster was sacked for repeated failure of the main business of Norwich City Football Club namely the football team then I would reconsider but I feel theres more chance of us being in the Conference than that happening.

Today, 3:42 PM

kdncfc is not online. Last active: 02/05/2009 14:37:41kdncfc

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 29/09/2003
norwich
Posts 1,446

ReplyQuote

ridgeman wrote:

I can''t see how just getting rid of Doncaster is going to solve a thing, we''d still be left with Smith and Jones. All major decisions within the club come from the top and Doncaster is only a puppet for the board, the whole damn lot of them will have to go before we see an improvement.

Today, 3:49 PM

Fromage Frais is not online. Last active: 02/05/2009 14:36:23Fromage Frais

Not Ranked
Joined on 30/06/2008
Posts 23

ReplyQuote

You have to love football teams

"Football is a business" when promoted and prices go up often more than inflation.

and then a charity when times are bad.

I bet if Norwich city got bought for 100 million there would be no dividend for season ticket holders.

Norwich city fans pay in numbers, they pay early and they also pay often which makes them excellent customers.  I would not expect my customers to pay for my poor performance if anything they would want money from me.

Today, 6:26 PM

cityangel is not online. Last active: 29/04/2009 15:52:16cityangel

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 18/10/2003
Posts 6,479

ReplyQuote

gazzathegreat wrote:

Great post Mutley, have to agree on most of it. Concentrating on the season ticket rebate, I would claim mine back as if relegated surely then I would not be paying for the same thing I was as the day I renewed. That''s the first undeniable fact. Surely it would be better for the club to start to discuss changing the renewal times. What other clubs have their first renewal date in February/March? I would however let them keep the £70 odd (I haven''t worked out the exact amount to be honest) on the following conditions: Mr Doncaster leaves the club with immediate effect. Delia and Michael consider a more realistic price on their shareholding. The board appoint some competent people to run the club in the interim of finding replacements for Delia and Michael. Questions asked are actually answered re Cullum, the Turners'' departure and why we have so many people at the club in a non playing capacity. The board can convince me they are working towards a well thought out strategy for moving the club forward, ideas for bringing in additional revenue. The club appoint a manager for next season who has some experience of managing a club at our level and of achieving promotion and building a squad without using loan players unless absolutely necessary. There is great accountability for all employees of the club, particularly at management level. For those on the board who still think we are a "well run club" think again.

All those demands for £70 gazza Smile [:)]

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < 1 2 3 4 >

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » the 20% rebate if relegated...