Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

the 20% rebate if relegated...

Perhaps Doncaster can chuck (at least) 20% of his package back for being totally useless.

We don''t want to reward failure a la Sir Fred Goodwin do we ?

[quote user="glove1"]edp today reckons the club will ask us to the levy the 20% rebate on our season tickets . well sorry mr doomcaster and chums i am having my £73.20 back in MY pocket not yours and i think it is disgusting they have the cheek to ask.[/quote]

I thought the rebate was 15%?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I thought the rebate was 15%?

[/quote][url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10355,00.html]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10355,00.html[/url]Small print at bottom.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ok as I understand it, it''s 20% for those who renewed on the first date and 15% for those who renewed afterwards.

[/quote]It''s 20% before first deadline, 10% between first and second and zip after that.

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ok as I understand it, it''s 20% for those who renewed on the first date and 15% for those who renewed afterwards.

[/quote]

It''s 20% before first deadline, 10% between first and second and zip after that.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhh right thanks, I knew the 20% bit was right as that''s what we will get back [:)]

It''s 20% for the first deadline. the 15% was a typo.

The club will not get to keep my 20% unless there is a change of owner. If the board remain in place and keep Gunn on I will come pretty close to cancelling my season ticket.

im having the 20% and its "already been budgeted for" to borrow from Doomy..

Little big planet on the ps3 will be winging its way to me once i have cashed the cheque!

jas :)

I paid for Championship football. If it''s not delivered there is no way I''d trust these clown with my money. They can''t even look after their own properly.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im having the 20% and its "already been budgeted for" to borrow from Doomy..

Little big planet on the ps3 will be winging its way to me once i have cashed the cheque!

jas :)

[/quote]

Great fun Jas! £!2.99 on Play

No way are they having mine, if not delia will probably put it towards a new kitchen or something.

They waisted £495,000 on agents fees so do you really think that they''ll use this extra income wisely. Forget that, it''ll probably help fund Doncaster''s hotel bills when travelling to all those meetings to do with his other role on the League championship board when not doing his role of Chief Executive for NCFC.

£70 for me and I''m sure we can all use our cash more wisely than our beloved board. Even (and I know this won''t happen) if by taking the money back it threatened to send the club into administration I wouldn''t let them keep it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]£70 for me and I''m sure we can all use our cash more wisely than our beloved board. Even (and I know this won''t happen) if by taking the money back it threatened to send the club into administration I wouldn''t let them keep it.
[/quote]

nor would i...... i can see the headlines now "supporters could break their own club".

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]£70 for me and I''m sure we can all use our cash more wisely than our beloved board. Even (and I know this won''t happen) if by taking the money back it threatened to send the club into administration I wouldn''t let them keep it.
[/quote]

nor would i...... i can see the headlines now "supporters could break their own club".

[/quote]

£122 for me and my son. Hell will freeze over (or Doncaster takes a 50% pay cut) before they get that back . Its about right for watching Huddersfield next year.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]£70 for me and I''m sure we can all use our cash more wisely than our beloved board. Even (and I know this won''t happen) if by taking the money back it threatened to send the club into administration I wouldn''t let them keep it.[/quote]

Well Said Graham!!!......mmmm money!

Absolutely spot on. Due to unfortunate geographics I am unable to buy a season ticket, however if I was being uniformly mugged / blackmailed to give my 20% back to the club as and when relegation ensued i would be asking serious questions of the ceo (ie donkey himself) neil doncasters wage is allegedly £179,000. If I was a season ticket holder I would give my 20% back to the club on the condition that Neil took a pay cut in excess of £36,000 per annum. Don`t get me wrong I am delighted that he replies to the majority of fans e-mails but lets face it his job should be based on pre determined metrics. I.e his job description should be based upon some measure of success. To be fair there has been very little evidence of that over the last 3-4 seasons. My job is based upon pre defined sales targets / objectives (and by the way I earn way less than one fifth than Doomys  pay packet) and if I had such a poor level of performance I would be dismissed after 6 months (or 2 financial quarters). Where is the accountability?????? Don`t get me wrong, old Doomy is a numpty and deserves to be dismissed (in my opinion) as much as the next man, but the board need to take responsibility, put their hands up to the financial mismanagement and stand down. Delia and Michael were heroes in their time, but their time was at least 10 years ago. They do not have the business acumen or prowess to stay at the helm for another year. If she gets her money back then she should count herself very very lucky. If she attempts to blatently profiteer then she should be hounded out of town. 

I love City more than life itself but if we need to take relegation in order to progress in the long term then so be it. The playing staff / management is the weakest in 2 generations and this is down to the board and the board only. Time to hang your head in shame all of you!!!!!! 

This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?

[quote user="crafty canary"]This is a fantastic opportunity for ST holders to send a clear message to the board and one that bunch of muppets will understand - your incompetence won''t be rewarded. Why the hell should ST holders pay up for an inferior product. As has already been mentioned how could they be trusted with the dosh? More land anyone?[/quote]

Have you got an opinion on my weekly shop at ASDA too Crafty[:^)]

Ching! Ching!

[:|]

My season ticket cost £366 I think, renewed before the first deadline, so rebate would be £72. Which would bring it down to £294. No chance of waiving that for the current regime

The presenter on TalkSport (can''t remember his name) who is a WBA fan mentioned paying £299 for his season ticket this year.

So, the club, with it''s current bunch of incompetents, including the most expensive email correspondent in history, would like me to pay £366 to watch div 3 football, as opposed to a fan at a comparably sized club paying £299 for the Premier League? Of course we''re not being conned!

Would happily pay double though, if it meant replacing people hopelessly out of their depth with a new owner prepared to buy us some players of our own.

If this does happen I believe there is real opportunity to send a clear message to our incompetence CEO and Board.

Although financially I could allow them to keep the money, there is a real matter of principle here in that we would be bailing them out (or at least helping) of the situation they and only they have got us in to. How many times have they said they are just the custodians of our club - yes they are - but they are the ones that have made the decisions that have put us in this position - not us.

If they do ask for the 20% to be waived I would beg anyone not to agree and spend 10 mins writing a letter or spending an email as to why. Mine will state that I am prepared to waive on the basis of; Doncaster being sacked, Munby being replaced, Gunn not being given the job full time and Delia Smith and MWJ publicly admitting they are totally responsible for the situation we are in, and stating they are prepared to sell there shares at a massively reduced price to ensure the club can move forward - I will also state that I would be more than happy to send my rebate back to club if this was done.

The fact is if they couldn''t afford to have so publicly made this offer available to season ticket holders in the first place - they shouldn''t have done it. 

[quote user="The Judge"]If they do ask for the 20% to be waived I would beg anyone not to agree and spend 10 mins writing a letter or spending an email as to why. Mine will state that I am prepared to waive on the basis of; Doncaster being sacked, Munby being replaced, Gunn not being given the job full time and Delia Smith and MWJ publicly admitting they are totally responsible for the situation we are in, and stating they are prepared to sell there shares at a massively reduced price to ensure the club can move forward - I will also state that I would be more than happy to send my rebate back to club if this was done.[/quote]

That''s an excellent idea, I will be doing this and I hope that anyone who feels the same way will do it too.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="The Judge"]If they do ask for the 20% to be waived I would beg anyone not to agree and spend 10 mins writing a letter or spending an email as to why. Mine will state that I am prepared to waive on the basis of; Doncaster being sacked, Munby being replaced, Gunn not being given the job full time and Delia Smith and MWJ publicly admitting they are totally responsible for the situation we are in, and stating they are prepared to sell there shares at a massively reduced price to ensure the club can move forward - I will also state that I would be more than happy to send my rebate back to club if this was done.[/quote]

That''s an excellent idea, I will be doing this and I hope that anyone who feels the same way will do it too.

[/quote]I haven''t gone so far as to link the question of ownership to this idea, because I think that''s too complicated an issue, but if we are relegated and any member of Team Gunn is manager next season then I will ask for my rebate. If a new manager is brought in I''ll waive the rebate.I posted to this effect on the club message board yesterday, and if we are relegated I will email the chief executive on Tuesday to explain the rationale for this decision.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Nope. Maybe it won''t happen but I don''t see the harm in discussing scenarios which could potentially happen.[/quote]

I agree that there''s no harm Graham. And I didn''t ever suggest there was. But if you read a lot of the posts they state what people will do as if it''s a done deal. I don''t honestly see how it could ever work and don''t believe that it will happen. However, if it did actually happen I would most definitely still claim my refund and put it towards the away matches I attend which cost a lot more than my season ticket. I can''t believe that anyone would not claim their refund!