Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 39, the penultimate week of the free bet season. This week it’s Beaker in charge and making the final selections. Beaker was a hero for the free bet a few weeks ago when he stepped in after cruel misfortune stopped Devon being able to get the final selections posted. I have been looking forward to him having his proper turn ever since and I know he''ll do us proud. Now Beaker is a very busy young man and can''t get to his PC later than Friday morning this week so if I could just ask you PUPs to get your selections in early for his consideration where ever possible. Of course the thread is open to all your selections right up to kick off for the purpose of our own league.

Of course after the season is over we will have a presentation to Foncy and I would be interested to hear all your views on the timing of this. I believe it should always be made at Billy''s shop as he is our sponsor. But we could do it on a Friday evening and go on for a drink together or we could do it on a Saturday. Or any other ideas you PUPs may have. I know we are spread far and wide so if there are any of you who are paying a visit to our fine City over the summer could maybe do it to coincide with that, so that PUPs from all over the world could unite. Anyway, post or pm me with your thoughts.

Now I’ll hand the free bet over to our good friend Beaker. Good luck to you, do your own thing and I’m sure all your choices will be good ones….. Take it way Beaker.. the free bet is yours…..[:)]....

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which is now amended to…

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £516 for the Academy,so far.

I''ll kick off this week with Middlesborough V Man U AWAY win.

As regards the presentation I''d love the chance to be there and meet a few people. Living in Lynn I would prefer a Saturday as Friday nights are difficult for me.

Finally, best of luck Beaker, old boy![:D]

A home win for Bury v. Accrington Stanley.

Bury are W13 D4 L5 F35 A19 at home and Accrington are W4 D6 L12 F17 A34 away.

Bury could still get automatic promotion if they win and Exeter don''t beat Rotherham away!

Good Luck, Beaker!

Although it pains me to be rooting for a (dirty) Leeds victory, this fixture just stood out in what looks a tough week, as a lot of games are six pointers. Beckford and co. should be able to see of a poor Northampton side who will do well to stay up. So.....Leeds United vs Northampton Town - home winGood luck everyone!

I''m not sure if their is any point in what i''ve chosen this week. Because it is the same as Inch High''s who is above me in the table, nevertheless, I don''t think I can catch him anyway. So i''ll look to keep third spot with Bayern Munich to beat Mönchengladbach. Earlier in the season they did draw 2-2. But that was away from home. And now the 20 point gap has convined me that its more likely than any other I could find.
So, in hoping to end the season on a high, I''m going with Bayern Munich V Mönchengladbach - Home win.

Let''s hope we can finish the season with a win altogether aswell [Y]

Norwich to beat Charlton and Plymouth to beat Barnsley....

Although more chance of The Gas beating Hartlepool (and that''s my pick).

I think we would all love a Norwich/Plymouth double - sod the rest of the results - I for one believe this will happen however not enough to make it my nap so

Peterborough to celebrate in style and beat Swindon at home

As for the presentaion NN providing it''s outside of my holidays I should be able to get there.

I would like to wish all the PUP''s a good summer break (whatever the outcome on Sunday)

Good luck Beaker let''s finish with a win

Was seriously tempted by City and by Plymouth, but figured that would just jinx the whole thing so its the Prem for me and

Liverpool v Newcastle - Home Win.

Good luck Beaker (and all PUPs)

My fantastic run continues, two in a row, wow ! [:O]

So come on Beaker mate, jump on my bandwagon :-

Scots Third Division : Dumbarton v Elgin : Home win

Will be a bigger surprise coming out of Scotland than Susan Boyle if Elgin even score a goal [:O]

Good luck Beaker

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

I think we would all love a Norwich/Plymouth double - sod the rest of the results - I for one believe this will happen however not enough to make it my nap so

Peterborough to celebrate in style and beat Swindon at home

As for the presentaion NN providing it''s outside of my holidays I should be able to get there.

I would like to wish all the PUP''s a good summer break (whatever the outcome on Sunday)

Good luck Beaker let''s finish with a win

[/quote]

We have one more week after this one Drinks my friend. Ray managed to squeeze the extra week from Billy last season so I''m sure we will get it again this. Would be good to meet you at the presentation, I will do my utmost to arrange it for a time to suit us all.

Preston (13-5-4 at home this season) to beat QPR (3-9-10 away this season) at home, in a last ditch attempt to get 6th.Good luck Beaker !

I''ll give you something a bit longer (perhaps). Stoke to beat West Ham. Stoke haven''t lost at home since boxing day (against Man U) and have a pretty solid record of 9-5-3 at home. West Ham aint the best travellers either. Good luck Beaker and all you PUP''s.

Scotish Div 2 this week. Brechin (11 2 4 25 17) at home to Stranraer (2 3 12 16 40) can surely only have one outcome. So........

Brechin v Stranraer.......Home win.

Good luck Beaker. [Y]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

I fancy a change this weekend so am going to opt for the Highland League where Inverurie Loco Works should be way to strong for Brora.

[/quote]Surely you''ve made that up [:)]

Bristol City seem to have been on their hols for a few weeks now as they have no wins in ntheir last 7 games. Burnley need to win to cement their play-off place. I don''t usually like picking in the Champs because it''s so tight but I''m going to risk it this week :-

Burnley     V     Bristol City

Home Win

[:)]

Wolves vs. Doncaster Rovers - Home win for me this week.