Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Its the players

Dont blame the board or the management or anyone else.It is the players fault,do they really care,they dont give a sh*t where this club ends up next season,most will not be here.It is only us supporters that care and be here next season.There is no player of the season,no reason to stay after the reading game and clap the loosers its about time they are told how cr*p they are,they are not fit to wear the yellow and green.

For the second season running I have not voted in the POTS because I don''t think anyone deserves to win it. But I''m not sure the players'' inadequacies gets the managers or the board off the hook....

Well, our current squad of players are poor.  Partly due to a lack of investment in the team (board).  Partly due to the fact it seems nobody can motivate them to perform (manager).

Rubbish.  We have a poor squad because this club''s finances are ineptly managed - that''s the fault of the Board not the players. We have plenty of players who care - wake up.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And who is responsible for bringing those players to this club ? B Gunn  mainly.
[/quote]

To be fair our permanent signing''s were good under Glenn Roeder/Gunn (i assume your saying they''re his due to his previous role), Hoolahan, Clingan, Bell was decent too, Stefanovic looked good too. It was the loanee''s that went with them, Koroma, Sibi, Omozusi (admittedly more often than not played out of position) that have let us down. Gunn''s January loans have been good thus far bar the inconsistant Carney.

So yeah, i wouldn''t say Gunn''s the one to blame at all, He might have been head of recruitment but it was Roeder that had the final say on who to sign.

Lets not forget the money wasted on Killen and Leijer or should we blame Roeder for them too .If this club wants a shot at getting back up next season its going to need  a good manager, Gunn is not that and never ever will be .

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]Rubbish.  We have a poor squad because this club''s finances are ineptly managed - that''s the fault of the Board not the players. We have plenty of players who care - wake up.
[/quote]

name them!

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]Rubbish.  We have a poor squad because this club''s finances are ineptly managed - that''s the fault of the Board not the players. We have plenty of players who care - wake up.[/quote]If we have plenty of players who care is irrelevant. I care, what I am not is a Championship quality footballer. Hey I have more in common with our player than I thought. Truth is if they care or if they don''t they aren''t good enough.

[quote user="the pigman"]Dont blame the board or the management or anyone else.It is the players fault,do they really care,they dont give a sh*t where this club ends up next season,most will not be here.It is only us supporters that care and be here next season.There is no player of the season,no reason to stay after the reading game and clap the loosers its about time they are told how cr*p they are,they are not fit to wear the yellow and green.[/quote]

Of course its the players that have got us in this position but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys....go figure and look at the picture mate.