Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Let me paint a picture for you

The final whistle has just gone at the valley. Charlton are down and even though we''ve got a hard earned draw we''ve gone down as well.Delia and her board of cronies come out to wave to the fans and gets her ''delias barmy army'' chanted at her.What happens next?Does Delia and the board get straight on the phone to mr. cullum?What happens if not- is administration a big possibility?The main disappointment that relegation brings is football related. But in terms of money what is the most likely scenario?Anyone care to enlighten me?

Don''t see us being any worse off financially if we are relegated. In terms of the team we will have to accept we will be rebuilding around a few experienced heads  and a lot of youngsters.

Relegation is going to cut income by around £3.5 million at worst.  We have more than paid this out in loan fees and wages this season for the loan players.

Big wage earners will be off the books with some income received in transfer money which will need to be spent on team strengthening on the right players.

[quote user="CT "]The final whistle has just gone at the valley.

Charlton are down and even though we''ve got a hard earned draw we''ve gone down as well.

Delia and her board of cronies come out to wave to the fans and gets her ''delias barmy army'' chanted at her.

What happens next?

Does Delia and the board get straight on the phone to mr. cullum?

What happens if not- is administration a big possibility?

The main disappointment that relegation brings is football related. But in terms of money what is the most likely scenario?
Anyone care to enlighten me?
[/quote]

Yes, you need a brush and easel and the ability to think creatively and, even then, there''s no guarantee you won''t end up as a starving artist.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Don''t see us being any worse off financially if we are relegated. In terms of the team we will have to accept we will be rebuilding around a few experienced heads  and a lot of youngsters.

Relegation is going to cut income by around £3.5 million at worst.  We have more than paid this out in loan fees and wages this season for the loan players.

Big wage earners will be off the books with some income received in transfer money which will need to be spent on team strengthening on the right players.

[/quote]

Will the ''Big Wage Earners'' off the books - include the likes of the CEO?

[quote user="CT "]?

[/quote]

Not a possibility as Delia and husband will then really lose all their investments.

[quote user="SI"]

[quote user="CT "]?

[/quote]

Not a possibility as Delia and husband will then really lose all their investments.

[/quote]

The amount of money previously invested has no impact on administration. The only way DS can protect her investment (and the club avoid administration) is by continuing to pump even more money in to the club so that it can pay its bills. When DS and the club run out of funds administration will loom large unless a white knight appears on the horizon.

Why do some posters insist on lacing ''officer'' on the end of Doncaster''s job title?  I''ve only ever read Chief Executive never Chief Executive Officer on the official stuff.

[quote user="CT "]Let me paint a picture for you[/quote]Sure.  Could you paint me a middle aged woman with dark hair, kind of smiling but not quite?  I''ll sell it and spend the profits on loon players.

Who said the ''O'' stands for Officer?......Orifice? Obdurate? Obfuscate? Oblique? Obscure? Obsequious? Obsolete? Obstinate? Obstructionist?.....''Orrible?  

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote][img]http://peculiarvelocity.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/painting_jackson_pollock.jpg[/img][img]http://blog.cleveland.com/pdextra/2007/10/large_pollock8.jpg[/img]So you advocate selling all the big earners (mostly but not neccesarily the better senior players)?Doing away with the loanees? And with the core of players left (approx 8 most of whom are currently not good enough to claim a place in the third worst team in the Championship) using the transfer money received from sales to completely build a new team in the third division? (Although anyone with commmonsense knows this will have been budgeted for already for other parts of the business).That is madness, we''d be years behind the other teams in the League, even the newly promoted teams and a couple of millions tops is not going to magically fill 16 squad places with Division 3 quality players. We''d be odds on for the drop.

If you paint as bad as you metaphorically paint then I suggest you don''t take GCSE Art.