Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

The Charlton model

Does anyone else see the irony in Delia''s comments a few years back in ''following the Charlton model''?

[quote user="Fluff"]Does anyone else see the irony in Delia''s comments a few years back in ''following the Charlton model''?[/quote]

You did not entirely follow it....they are roughly £37m in debt as opposed to your "roughly £20m" but they do own a vast property portfolio, the majority of it empty land which is currently not worth much but which might be again, one day.

Its amazing issnt it how a few years ago everyone was banging on about what a well run club they are but looking at it our lot have probably done a better job than them and thats saying something. I dont really understand how they have got themselves in so much debt especially with them still getting parachute payments and £16M for Darren Bent.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Fluff"]Does anyone else see the irony in Delia''s comments a few years back in ''following the Charlton model''?[/quote]

You did not entirely follow it....they are roughly £37m in debt as opposed to your "roughly £20m" but they do own a vast property portfolio, the majority of it empty land which is currently not worth much but which might be again, one day.

[/quote]

Norwich ''did'' not entirely follow it true.  They even managed to cut corners on that as well!

I have just supported the team for over 30 years,  but do have a good memory which includes all the promises, misleading PR exercises, lame statements and lack of ambition. We also used to own quite a considerable chunk of land too...............Colney will be next!

It''s one thing sticking with the players through thick and thin (well thoses that give 100% anyway) and to feel the hurt when results dont go your way, but its another thing to not completely realise that we are where we are because of cock up after cock up from the ones upstairs in their ivory tower. 

We are in this mess because of lack of ambition and prudence from the board.  They didnt give Worthington enough to keep us up, but then allowed him too much when we got relegated!  £14K a week and £500k signing on for ''free'' Jason Jarrott showed they had lost the plot and were clutching at straws!

Delia and Co have never had a plan.  No 10 year plan to make Norwich great, just their own agenda.

Fluff, i agree with your post but i`ve never seen those figures in relation to Jarrett.  The £500k would have to be listed in the accounts and as for £14k a week, i don`t for a second believe that any club would pay that for a 27 year-old journeyman with no Prem experience.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

As we have over £6m tied up in land and associated costs plus the plethora of purely cosmetic costly "improvements" (new scoreboard/ticket office/conservatory/Yellows refurb etc), it looks like we`ve been following the Charlton model more closely than i thought......Hasn`t really worked for either has it?