Sign in to follow this  
Dion Dublin=Legend

Derby vs Reading

I was just taking a look at tonght''s Championship result and the race for the play-offs, and it struck me that if Reading win away at Derby tomorrow they are mathematical certainties for a play-off spot (six points clear with two games left and a vastly superior goal difference). This could be good news for us, so we''re hoping for a Coventry & Reading double tomorrow!

I''m clinging on to every bit of positivity I have left at the moment.

as we all know playoffs is all about form and momentum correct?

reading have no form as of late, basically they plainly stink!

now i think reading regardless of if their safe in the playoffs will be striving to gain some momentum which will breed some confidence back into their squad!

A few years back when I first got into computing I wrote a program that I thought would win the Pools for me. It included dozens of variables like those that are being discussed around our current situation. Am I rich from it? No. Football is an unpredictable game.

[quote user="we8wba"]

as we all know playoffs is all about form and momentum correct?

reading have no form as of late, basically they plainly stink!

now i think reading regardless of if their safe in the playoffs will be striving to gain some momentum which will breed some confidence back into their squad!

[/quote]Sadly, he speaks the truth.It matters little if they are safe or not.  They will want to win their last 3 games to get some confidence for the play off matches.

I disagree. If Reading confirm themselves in the play-offs tonight, then I feel they will want to rest players and keep themselves fresh. Rather than risking picking up needless injuries and suspensions.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I disagree. If Reading confirm themselves in the play-offs tonight, then I feel they will want to rest players and keep themselves fresh. Rather than risking picking up needless injuries and suspensions.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Jim, if they are mathematically safe when they play us I am sure they will rest their best players. Mind you whether we are able to beat their reserves is a different matter [:D]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I disagree. If Reading confirm themselves in the play-offs tonight, then I feel they will want to rest players and keep themselves fresh. Rather than risking picking up needless injuries and suspensions.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Jim, if they are mathematically safe when they play us I am sure they will rest their best players. Mind you whether we are able to beat their reserves is a different matter [:D]

[/quote]

sorry guys but completly disagree here,

if you had say cardiff who are in goodish form then i would understand. especially seems they have a small squad

reading even if they put reserves in it will be the likes of noel hunt, steven long, jay tabb coming in, im sure these guys will want to impress wont they?

reading have only won one in their last nine

i think them finding momentum is far far far more important for them than them risking their first teamers vs norwich! maybe reading will want 4th so they can play 2nd leg at home???

if they going to take it easy on any games it will only be vs blues last game - which they''ll still go for win seems they havnt won at home since January

The Wizard speaks wise.

If we cannot win a game at home of this importance and a game away to by far the poorest side in the league then we do not deserve to be in the league.