Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Lack of respect to us, the fans, over charlton tickets

The situation over Charlton tickets has really pissed me off as the club stated to me on Friday when i

spoke to them that written applications had closed for tickets but

there would be 800 on general sale from Wednesday!!!!! why do they tell

us one thing and then carry on selling tickets? I''m going to the box

office to complain about this so if anybody else feels like this please

PM me and i will print them off and take them with me to show the

strength of disgust about this issuesorry for posting this again but felt it deserved its own post to hopefully get enough comments about this to show them tomorrow at the club

There was a story on the official site about the 2500 initial applications but it has been taken down. The original paged has been cached by google here : -

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:b40aYftnQXsJ:www.canaries.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10355~1610953,00.html+Norwich+charlton+tickets+deadline&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

And there would have been an announcement on the deadline for applications but this has also disappeared, but I cannot find the cached page for this.

But - I was very surprised when it was announced that only 2500 applications had been received given the potential significance of the game, and that we took over 3000 for the cup game in January.

So the news that we have now sold all the tickets is not surprising to me, looks like the ticket office cocked up in the announcement, and that there was a surge of late applications after the win against Watford on Easter Monday which they didn’t take into account somehow.

If NCFC had correctly announced that all tickets had been sold to the written applications (which may well have happened) everyone who did not apply would still be in the same situation.

Of course I maybe wrong in my speculation.

For those that missed out, the moral of this is to get organised and apply early to give yourself the best chance of being successful.

It is bad by the club but I don''t understand why anyone who wanted to go wouldn''t apply in the first place. Why wait until the deadline passes and then say you''ll get one in general sale.

Hi Matt I have just PM''d you with my complaint.

I was away on holiday and was not aware before I went, that we would have to apply in writing for these tickets, so I missed the deadline.

Luckily I applied and got the Charlton tickets but I think you have been badly treated. To tell you one thing and then do another is wrong unfortunately there is not really too much they can do. Reading this article they have put on the official website I am amazed that there is not a single mention about tickets no longer going on sale on the wednesday.

Another point. They sold 2500 after the initial application period stopped. Surely 500 more people wouldnt have applied once the deadline for applications had passed. Also surely if they say they are not taking applications after the date of the watford game they shouldnt take any more applications!

I have to say they have angered me in recent weeks over the Ipswich tickets. The applications process itself was a bit of a farce in my opinion. Me and my friends have been to about 5-6 away games each we applied for ipswich tickets yet i know people who have not been to any away games this season who managed to get tickets ahead of us. Further to my anger I then hear they are selling family area tickets to anyone who comes into the ticket office. Surely they should call people who were unsuccsful in applications first to see if they want tickets!

I had exactly the same experience. I missed the original deadline to apply but called in and was told that there was no problem and that they would go on general sale the next Wednesday. What happened to the 800 tickets?

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

For those that missed out, the moral of this is to get organised and apply early to give yourself the best chance of being successful.

[/quote]Obviously you are correct - but it isn''t always that easy for people with work and family commitments to plan that far in advance. I have no problem that the 3000 were allocated but why tell us that there were 800 still available and lead (in my case) to quite intricate arrangements being made only to then say that there are not 800 tickets any more?

Whilst I agree the club has made a bit of a mess of this one.  The box office normally get most things right.

Remember this before you go in there and make a p**t of yourself.  You did have weeks to apply and all those that took a bit of time did get a ticket.

A few people I know put there applications in after the Watford game and I suspect a fair few others did the same, the prob accounts for a lot of the "missing tickets".

I was already guarenteed my ticket, but I agree the whole system is a farce.

Should be a points system. Say 5pts per home game (Season Ticket Holders automatically get this each game) and 25pts per Away Game

Then when the Applications are all in. Start with the highest points and work down.

As they are going to have alot more than 250 away season ticket holders next season, and less than 1,000 allocation for MOST games

I think that would take to much time to administer.

Dont forget NCFC make almost nothing out of away ticket sales.

Charlton have just said that they will not be releasing anymore tickets, so thats it I''m afraid!

That is a shame though is there a link for this as i haven''t seen or heard this yet?I have just returned to work after going down to complain, see first post, and although they admitted that they made a mistake in saying that 800 would be available from tomorrow there will be no more tickets available and no matter how much shouting and threatening i done they refused to budge. I will admit that in the end i lost my temper with them so if any of them are reading this i apologise, but i feel so frustrated and felt that no matter what i said they just weren''t interested. They did take into account the numerous complaints that people had emailed me with and said that they may make an official statement apologising but it was too late now the mistake had been made. They also said that all tickets were sold to written applicants who had applied before the deadline and that no one who applied after was successful. i find this hard to believe given what some people have said but there is nothing i or any of us can do about thisSo to finish if anyone has a spare ticket, pref with coach though not important, please get in touch with me and restore my faith in NCFC

Does seem a bity of a screw-up as seems to me they have been selling them in the interim period and have run out. I do agree though they are generally very good - must be a genuine error!

I am going to Charlton, i applied and got my ticket, easy as pie. HOWEVER, i am quite appauled at the lack of an apology by the club and really think that you have been treated badly here! My friends were going to get tickets and now have been left in the lurch. appauling.