Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Ipswich appoint new chief exec

Simon Clegg, the leader of Britain''s record-breaking Olympic team in Beijing, has been announced as the new chief executive of Ipswich.

I''m sure most of us would want Norwich to do the same.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Would rather it was Simon Pegg or Nick Clegg[/quote]

Foggy, Compo and Clegg could do better than the curent incumbent (or is that incompetant?)

jas :)

This appointment shows the gulf opening up between the ''haves'' and the ''have nots'' in football.  I know there were many of you (and us too) questioning the motives behind ME''s investment and whether it was good or bad - I recall most of you thought it was bad and have been waiting for it to fall flat (I recall posts saying you would rather have Delia - and you never know that might be true in a few years - who knows?), but this appointment suggests this is luckily for us a long term partnership - you don''t spend this sort of money of a CE (he won''t be cheap!!) unless the investment is going to pay dividends - i.e. the requirement for top quality in that dept = premiership turnover. 

It appears that for once the timing of something (takeover) at ITFC could not have been better - as we all know timing of everything in life is always wrong not right!!!  I suspect it would not happen in the current economic circumstances. Unfortunately for Delia, the timing is totally wrong for her.  The value of the Delia stock was helpful to a football club 10 years ago - even 5 years ago - as she could invest and use capital to underwrite bank facilities etc., but the top end is galloping away at such a rate now that she cannot - and should not be expected to - compete. However she is unlikely to find any knight in shining armour in the very near future who can make a huge difference so has no option to hang on in there for the ride.

It just goes to show you how the toss of a coin at any one time can land good or bad.... only time can tell.

Finally, if you want to CE to repalce Doomcaster, then in all honesty look no further than Derek Bowden - he is a top class man and without him ITFC would be dead now.

Nice to hear an opinion from your side of the fence there blue.

I have to agree that this stinks of long term ambition damn your eyes!

Then again it could just be Marcus Evans providing jobs for his mates , and at the moment you are  a Championship side just like us , with the millions you owe Evans if he gives up ever making a profit and pulls out you are finished.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Then again it could just be Marcus Evans providing jobs for his mates , and at the moment you are  a Championship side just like us , with the millions you owe Evans if he gives up ever making a profit and pulls out you are finished.
[/quote]

That logic applies to every club bar Co Op united!