Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

Just wasted an hour .....

.... not doing any work but looking at the remaining fixtures for all those involved at the bottom (as I''m sure we all have done) and what ever way you slice it - it does look good does it? A think a key game for us is on Saturday, Blackpool at home to Forest. I still think that Blackpool are likely to go (assuming we win the last two games - a big assumption I know!) If they lose against Forest, which I think is very possible, they have a last day away fixture at Swansea. I think I would rather be going to Charlton looking for 3 points than Swansea. However, if that game on Saturday is a draw, I think it could well be curtains. I am thinking Barnsley will be well out of it. I think they will against Coventry and get a draw at home to Wolves making their last fixture away to Plymouth irrelevant for them. Interesting though ain''t it? However, I have said all along that we will stay up by goal difference - we shall see !

It is a testiment to the quality of the league that there are still so many permutations with two games to go.

Obviously would rather it was really dull and three other teams had been relegated weeks ago.

Having such a good goal difference for a team in the bottom 3 is like having an extra point.  I suspect that this factor will save Norwich from relegation.

There is not a chance in hell Blackpool will go down even if they lose both their games...

Norwich 6pts
Barnsley 5pts
Forest 4pts
Plymouth 3pts
Derby 1pt
Blackpool 0pts

All of the above would have to happen MINIMUM, and you think THEY are favourites.

We have far more chance of getting pts Vs Reading than we do down at Charlton.

Its not very often we have an advantage by virtue of a better goal difference, lets hope that as we do, we can make it count......

I remember back in those days (92-93) when we finished 3rd in the Premier league of having a goal difference of -4 !!!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

It is a testiment to the quality of the league that there are still so many permutations with two games to go.

Obviously would rather it was really dull and three other teams had been relegated weeks ago.

[/quote]The last time I saw quality of any sort at Carrow Road was a long long time ago...