Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Coventry tonight

The Canaries will be looking for a favour from Chris Coleman''s Coventry tonight - after the Welshman watched relieved as they slipped to defeat in the East Anglian derby.

Sunday''s result at Ipswich ensured that the Sky Blues can look forward to another season of Championship football.

City''s 3-2 defeat at Portman Road means that Coventry are mathematically safe.

“It is a bit different to this time last year,” said a thankful Coleman.

“I went to the Ipswich game on Sunday and it was nice to look at it and think it is now mathematically impossible to get dragged into it.

“But that still doesn''t take away the feeling of disappointment of losing on Saturday and these past games.”

Coventry were beaten 1-0 at Nottingham Forest on Saturday, a bad result for Norwich, but they could give Bryan Gunn''s men a helping hand if they beat fourth-from-bottom Barnsley at the Ricoh Arena tonight.

“Now we look at it and we have got three games left,” he said. “What are the facts? We have eleven experienced first team players to choose from because everyone else is injured and will miss the remaining games.

“The balance of the team is all wrong because we have lost all our natural width, so what can we get out of the last three games in order for it not to be a big disappointment?

“I think we are going to need to win two and draw one to achieve our target, which won''t be easy considering the run of form we have been in, but it is possible, so we have got to try to remain positive.”

Oh Bugger [:|]

I think those of us who do not rely on blind faith already know the truth of which league we will be in next season.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

The Canaries will be looking for a favour from Chris Coleman''s Coventry tonight - after the Welshman watched relieved as they slipped to defeat in the East Anglian derby.Sunday''s result at Ipswich ensured that the Sky Blues can look forward to another season of Championship football. City''s 3-2 defeat at Portman Road means that Coventry are mathematically safe. “It is a bit different to this time last year,” said a thankful Coleman. “I went to the Ipswich game on Sunday and it was nice to look at it and think it is now mathematically impossible to get dragged into it. “But that still doesn''t take away the feeling of disappointment of losing on Saturday and these past games.”Coventry were beaten 1-0 at Nottingham Forest on Saturday, a bad result for Norwich, but they could give Bryan Gunn''s men a helping hand if they beat fourth-from-bottom Barnsley at the Ricoh Arena tonight.“Now we look at it and we have got three games left,” he said. “What are the facts? We have eleven experienced first team players to choose from because everyone else is injured and will miss the remaining games.“The balance of the team is all wrong because we have lost all our natural width, so what can we get out of the last three games in order for it not to be a big disappointment? “I think we are going to need to win two and draw one to achieve our target, which won''t be easy considering the run of form we have been in, but it is possible, so we have got to try to remain positive.”

Oh Bugger [:|]

[/quote]