Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Glad to see the policy of "don't mention relegation or it might happen" has filtered down to the boys!

“Everyone''s positive. We don''t even think about relegation. To be honest, the word hasn''t even come up in the changing room,”

Ryan Bertrand today!

Perhaps I might feel a bit more confident if they did come out and acknowledge we are up against it and they absolutely HAVE to beat reading next week!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

“Everyone''s positive. We don''t even think about relegation. To be honest, the word hasn''t even come up in the changing room,”

Ryan Bertrand today!

Perhaps I might feel a bit more confident if they did come out and acknowledge we are up against it and they absolutely HAVE to beat reading next week!

[/quote]

The board don''t have a clue.

The players don''t have a clue.

The manager obviously doesn''t have a clue.

We''re screwed.

Ryan Bertrand isn''t he a Chelsea player?

Our possible relegation is going to have a massive effect on Chelsea,Reading,Crystal Palace,Fulham,Sheffield United and Rangers next season!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Ryan Bertrand today!

[/quote]

We''re screwed.

[/quote]

Whereas - I suppose - you do have a clue? Good grief! Can a player say nothing without being hauled over the coals?

This explains the way some of them having been playing. I think we should be pinning the league table up on the dressing room walls just in case some of them have missed it!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Ryan Bertrand today!

[/quote]

Totally agree with this Jim.

Those connected with NCFC must think we were born yesterday if they really expect us to believe the subject hasn''t done the rounds in the dressing room and Boardroom on countless occasions.

It might just be that the players, being insanely positive as a breed, are in denial that we might ever go down but there''s no way that the Board haven''t got contingency plans in place by now.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Ryan Bertrand today!

[/quote]

We''re screwed.

[/quote]

Hooray Jim, as least you''re wise to the idiots.[Y]

I do yeah.We need, 100%, absolutely, nothing bar 3 points against Reading.Otherwise we''re pretty much certainly relegated.See? I have more of a clue than any of these idiots.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Perhaps with Mooney going back to Reading, Gow to Rangers, Lee to Palace, Bertrand to Chelsea, Leijer to Fulham, and Carney to Sheffield United, there''s a good reason why they don''t think about it.

[quote user="Ackney Canary"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Ryan Bertrand today!

[/quote]

We''re screwed.

[/quote]

Whereas - I suppose - you do have a clue? Good grief! Can a player say nothing without being hauled over the coals?

[/quote]I think that''s the point - the players should STFU and get on with training for Monday night.Hope your skin clears up, by the way.

...that''s because most of them aren''t getting relegated. They are off back to their proper clubs!

That, combined with the throught that, just like at Fulham, too many of our signed players have been told by their agents that there is a nice soft landing at another club waiting for them fills me with dread if it does come down to needing a win at Charlton.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think that''s the point - the players should STFU and get on with training for Monday night.Hope your skin clears up, by the way.[/quote]Sweet. Maybe mummy will give you a chocolate for your rapier wit. And maybe another one for your total inability to read.I

was simply suggesting - although admittedly in rather fewer words: let me spell it out for you -

that when I look for advice about how to mentally prepare for a

football match and how to speak to the press, I will look to the

footballer who''s actually played the game for a few years at a

relatively decent level rather than the message-board jockey who

hasn''t. Bertrand may not be our player in the long run, but he''s our

player at the moment - and I don''t think we''ve done too badly out of

him. In any case, it really makes very little difference what the

players say. It''s what they do that counts.

[quote user="Ackney Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I think that''s the point - the players should STFU and get on with training for Monday night.Hope your skin clears up, by the way.[/quote]Sweet. Maybe mummy will give you a chocolate for your rapier wit. And maybe another one for your total inability to read.[/quote]You won''t earn any sweeties at all for that lame comeback.[quote user="Ackney Canary"]In any case, it really makes very little difference what the

players say. It''s what they do that counts.[/quote]Yes, well done.  And my point was, in case you haven''t noticed, that many many players, notably Darel Russell and the Doc, have said before each game this season "we''ll do it for the fans!" or "we owe the fans one!" or "we''ll rise to the occasion!" and then haven''t.  In Russell''s case, in fact, it usually results in him getting booked and/or sent off.So I''d rather they did their talking on the pitch and shut their mouths when the press come to call, as they constantly write cheques their football can''t cash ((c) Top Gun))

What''s that on your chin?  Blimey, that''s a big one.