Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Super sky blues v barnsley match thread

[quote user="cityangel"]

Can''t see Coventry bothering to help us or caring if they lose as they have nothing to play for.

Sorry if I''m sounding fed up but if Barnsley win tonight will people accept its all over and draw a line under this season??

[/quote]

No.. but I do think if Barnsley win we will have to win both games to survive.

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ?? It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..[/quote]Bloody warmer than Leicester though!  I think it might have something to do with the fact that they were in the Conference a few years ago, take your pick of League One sides, there isn''t many glamorous ties in there.COME ON COV!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]

why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ??

It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..
[/quote]

Bloody warmer than Leicester though!  I think it might have something to do with the fact that they were in the Conference a few years ago, take your pick of League One sides, there isn''t many glamorous ties in there.

COME ON COV!
[/quote]

We could use Hartlepool Utd as one - we''ve NEVER played a league game against them in our history and have only ever played them in the FA Cup twice (and that was in the same year as it went to a replay).

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ?? It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..[/quote]Bloody warmer than Leicester though!  I think it might have something to do with the fact that they were in the Conference a few years ago, take your pick of League One sides, there isn''t many glamorous ties in there.COME ON COV![/quote]Maybe, anyway, never thought i''d be saying this, especially when it doesn''t affect leicester.. - COME ON COV..

I''m listening to Ebbsfleet v.Wrexham on the net - Iwan is there with the Radio Wrexham team - i managed to get a message through to him to see if he was available!  He said he''d be delighted to put on the yellow and green again.....good old Iwan..how we could do with someone like him now!

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]

why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ??

It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..
[/quote]

It is curious and Yeovil may not even be in Division 3 next season the way they are going. Maybe we should adopt someone else as the example of football humiliation to have to travel to. Stockport? I hope Exeter go up, that sounds much worse.

Whilst I appreciate the focus on the Coventry V Barnsley match, we should also keep an eye on the Derby v Reading match, a Reading win would be great as it would almost cement their play off place, much better they come to us on Monday with not much to play for and their players wanting to avoid injury so they can play in the play off games....

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ?? It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..[/quote]

It is curious and Yeovil may not even be in Division 3 next season the way they are going. Maybe we should adopt someone else as the example of football humiliation to have to travel to. Stockport? I hope Exeter go up, that sounds much worse.

[/quote]Didn''t we lose to Exeter last time we played them in Pre-Season?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Whilst I appreciate the focus on the Coventry V Barnsley match, we should also keep an eye on the Derby v Reading match, a Reading win would be great as it would almost cement their play off place, much better they come to us on Monday with not much to play for and their players wanting to avoid injury so they can play in the play off games....[/quote]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..

[quote user="lynn canary"]Im listening to mate. They sound rubbish at min. Am i the only one who thinks that one of their commentators sounds like Gary Linekar ?[/quote]They make Radio Norfolk sound professional!

One of my best mates is an Exeter fan.Last season I went to Wembley to watch and celebrate Exeters promotion into the football league from the conference, was a great day out.Today on the way to work we were discussing the very real prospect of Norwich vs Exeter next season.Very sad  :(

IF the dreaded relegation happens.....we will be everyone''s cup final next season...they will all raise there game when they play us..no easy 3 points anywere..either that or delia and co will SELL SELL SELL(players) and we will become the whipping boyz[:S]

[quote user="WACCOLO"]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..[/quote]I agree with this, momentum is vital in the play-offs (like when we beat Wolves in 2002... ah happy days).

Reading scored against Derby, which is a good thing, although not as good as Cov scoring! Come on the Sky Blues!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

IF the dreaded relegation happens.....we will be everyone''s cup final next season...they will all raise there game when they play us..no easy 3 points anywere..either that or delia and co will SELL SELL SELL(players) and we will become the whipping boyz[:S]

[/quote]

Sell sell sell? Who on earth are we going to sell bar Sammy Clingan? I''d sell anyone who we receive an offer for. With the exception of Doherty and Russell, the rest of our contracted players can F off as far as I''m concerned. They have proven themselves to be gutless. Then I''d bring back Shacks and get Lee in permenantly. It''d be a start.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="WACCOLO"]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..[/quote]I agree with this, momentum is vital in the play-offs (like when we beat Wolves in 2002... ah happy days).[/quote]Equally Coppell might want to rest some players to avoid injuries against the fired up Alan Lee

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="book end"]

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Yeovil away sounds horrible but i fear thats where we are going![/quote]why are Yeovil always the example of ''we are down, this is as bad as it gets'' ?? It''s not a bad away day/ night though ;-) although it is cold..[/quote]

[/quote]Didn''t we lose to Exeter last time we played them in Pre-Season?[/quote]Didn''t we lose to every team in our pre-season games? OK, we have have beaten Diss, Gorleston & Acle but I think we''d struggle against Lynn now.

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Whilst I appreciate the focus on the Coventry V Barnsley match, we should also keep an eye on the Derby v Reading match, a Reading win would be great as it would almost cement their play off place, much better they come to us on Monday with not much to play for and their players wanting to avoid injury so they can play in the play off games....[/quote]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..[/quote]i''d agree with that assessment...unfortunately,,,coppell will want a draw from his boys at the very least...doesn''t mean they''ll get any joy of course...but they won''t come to carra on monday to roll over...

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="WACCOLO"]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..[/quote]I agree with this, momentum is vital in the play-offs (like when we beat Wolves in 2002... ah happy days).[/quote]Equally Coppell might want to rest some players to avoid injuries against the fired up Alan Lee[/quote]True, but even if he drops a few players Reading have a lot of quality ''back up'' players, particularly in attack and they''ll be hungry to prove a point to try get a place in the team in play off games.. either way, it will be an extremely tough game for you.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Sell sell sell? Who on earth are we going to sell bar Sammy Clingan? I''d sell anyone who we receive an offer for.

With the exception of Doherty and Russell, the rest of our contracted players can F off as far as I''m concerned. They have proven themselves to be gutless. Then I''d bring back Shacks and get Lee in permenantly. It''d be a start.

[/quote] if you think DOC and RUSTY wont jump ship if an offer came in..you are mistaken.....marshall  hooly will fetch a few quid...and the board will sell ANY high earner at the cllub

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="WACCOLO"]If they win I can''t see Coppell making many changes, they havent been on great form and will be desperate to finish the season by winning all their games and getting some momentum for their play off games..[/quote]I agree with this, momentum is vital in the play-offs (like when we beat Wolves in 2002... ah happy days).[/quote]Equally Coppell might want to rest some players to avoid injuries against the fired up Alan Lee[/quote]True, but even if he drops a few players Reading have a lot of quality ''back up'' players, particularly in attack and they''ll be hungry to prove a point to try get a place in the team in play off games.. either way, it will be an extremely tough game for you.[/quote]Good point, the last thing we want is him to pick Lita.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]One of my best mates is an Exeter fan.
Last season I went to Wembley to watch and celebrate Exeters promotion into the football league from the conference, was a great day out.

Today on the way to work we were discussing the very real prospect of Norwich vs Exeter next season.
Very sad  :(
[/quote]

How strange, one of mine is too. I went to a few of their games last year inc. the play off final, and have also been to a few this year.

Would never have thought we''d be playing eachother. As you say, how very, very sad.