Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

So, as I was saying ...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I still think we''re going to stay up. I always thought we were going to lose to Ipswich. Having been the last 2 (now 3) years. And I still think Barnsley will go down along with Southampton. If Barnsley lose to Wolves, which is very likely. They are one point better off with no games in hand. Anything could happen.[/quote]

What makes you think that Shaun?

If the players can''t get themselves up and rearing to go for a derby game then why will they for any other match?

[/quote]

Having seen us away on many occasions, I know how poor we are away from home. Having gone today, I could see how much better we performed and how more ''in'' the game we seemed than we usually do. Therefore, In my opinion, the players did ''get themselves up and raring to go for a derby game''.

So at home, with the fans behind them, I think we can grab a win against Reading. I cannot see Barnsley getting a result against Wolves, pushing to get the title confirmed as theirs.

So, this is how I think it will turn out.

Barnsley
V Coventry - draw
V Wolves - loss

Norwich
V Reading - win.

This will put us 1 point above Barnsley going into the last game of the season. I think Barnsley, away from home, will only pick up a point against Plymouth, meaning we can lose to Charlton and stay up on goal difference.

[/quote]

Phase 1 of my escape plan is complete. As unbelievable as it sounds, i''ve been telling people all week Barnsley will take the lead with Coventry getting a late equaliser....

If it turns out to be true and we stay up, then I will buy you some pork scratchings, pickled eggs and a pint of bitter.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If it turns out to be true and we stay up, then I will buy you some pork scratchings, pickled eggs and a pint of bitter.[/quote]

Pint of milk will be better [:)]

[quote user="SI"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If it turns out to be true and we stay up, then I will buy you some pork scratchings, pickled eggs and a pint of bitter.[/quote]

Pint of milk will be better [:)]

[/quote]

Nice one ...

I told you how it will happen on monday, you didn''t believe me then, now will you believe me? [;)]

So what is your point?  That you are a genius who can predict the future?  Or one of many.many people who predicted scores and luckily got it right?[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I still think we''re going to stay up. I always thought we were going to lose to Ipswich. Having been the last 2 (now 3) years. And I still think Barnsley will go down along with Southampton. If Barnsley lose to Wolves, which is very likely. They are one point better off with no games in hand. Anything could happen.[/quote]

If the players can''t get themselves up and rearing to go for a derby game then why will they for any other match?

[/quote]

Having seen us away on many occasions, I know how poor we are away from home. Having gone today, I could see how much better we performed and how more ''in'' the game we seemed than we usually do. Therefore, In my opinion, the players did ''get themselves up and raring to go for a derby game''.

So at home, with the fans behind them, I think we can grab a win against Reading. I cannot see Barnsley getting a result against Wolves, pushing to get the title confirmed as theirs.

BarnsleyV Coventry - drawV Wolves - lossNorwichV Reading - win.This will put us 1 point above Barnsley going into the last game of the season. I think Barnsley, away from home, will only pick up a point against Plymouth, meaning we can lose to Charlton and stay up on goal difference.

[/quote]

Phase 1 of my escape plan is complete. As unbelievable as it sounds, i''ve been telling people all week Barnsley will take the lead with Coventry getting a late equaliser....

[/quote]

Now pastry, I hate to burst your bubble ''n''all but Shaun has a habit of getting his predictions right on these here boards[;)]

[quote user="Pastry"]So what is your point?  That you are a genius who can predict the future?  Or one of many.many people who predicted scores and luckily got it right?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Barnsley
V Coventry - draw
V Wolves - loss

Norwich
V Reading - win.

This will put us 1 point above Barnsley going into the last game of the season. I think Barnsley, away from home, will only pick up a point against Plymouth, meaning we can lose to Charlton and stay up on goal difference.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Well... apart from that [;)] then, my main point was/is still to all the posters on here who were posting things such as;
''were finished''
''no chance now''
''what will our team for league 1 be'', etc

... And the point was to show them that their is quite a reasonably likely way in which we are in fact not ''certaintly down''.

So, in theory, my point was to raise optimism levels after the ridiculous amount of posters in the so called ''acceptance'' part of grief.

Has that answered your question?

Do you still stand by the rest of your predictions Shaun? If not, it''d be kindest to let us down easy now....

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Do you still stand by the rest of your predictions Shaun? If not, it''d be kindest to let us down easy now....
[/quote]

I sure do [;)] If you''re still thinking our chances of survival are about as likely as Glenn Roeder being drafted in as England manager, then the proof that there is a strong possible outcome suggesting otherwise is just up there ^^

Don''t give up hope [:D] [Y]

I would love for the OP to be correct! I can''t see them losing to Wolves though, especially as they''re at home. A draw for them & a victory for us at home to Reading will make it nippy bum time at the Valley!