Sign in to follow this  
LQ

The morning after, the morning after blog

Cheated, used, cheap and abused.Read it if you like, don''t if you don''t want to and I guarantee there''s nothing in it about Wiz!http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/anotherworld.aspx[8-)]

[quote user="LQ"]Cheated, used, cheap and abused.

Read it if you like, don''t if you don''t want to and I guarantee there''s nothing in it about Wiz!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/anotherworld.aspx

[8-)]

[/quote]

Shame! [;)]

LQ ( or Pete the moderator ), I''m not picking on you but rather just trying to understand. Why is it necessary to write a blog and then start a message on here that is, in effect, advertising the blog to try to encourage people to read it. It''s just seems like wasted time and effort. It''s not that I''m not interested in what you have to say but why don''t you write your input directly on to the thread that you are starting here in the first place? Am I missing something? 

[quote user="o"]

That was the best one you''ve ever written, and not just because it felt like you understand me at last ;o)

[/quote]

Oh my Gawd, don ''t encourage her.........yes,  that is a joke LQ.[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]LQ ( or Pete the moderator ), I''m not picking on you but rather just trying to understand. Why is it necessary to write a blog and then start a message on here that is, in effect, advertising the blog to try to encourage people to read it. It''s just seems like wasted time and effort. It''s not that I''m not interested in what you have to say but why don''t you write your input directly on to the thread that you are starting here in the first place? Am I missing something? [/quote]

Could not have put it any better. Chirp does it aswell.[:|]

Thanks Face [:)]Hi Yankee,Sorry if you find it annoying or whatever. I just do what Pete did when I first blogged on here a few years back.I suppose I could just cut and paste in into here too, so saving you that click but unfortunately links don''t come out for me in posts so you''d miss out on the fluffy kittens and Star Trek and then it''d make even less sense...[;)]

Okay i''ll take the bait. Reasons for writing a blog instead of posting on here are thus;1 It''s a bit of a hobby and something i enjoy doing. Since being made redundant it adds to the list of things to do to keep me out of the fridge! :-) 2 I''m trying to become a football reporter/columnist. 3 It looks good on the CV that you''re being proactive and can show work - From this I have got work/exp at the NOTW and the Mail as well as other things.  4 Adds to your portfolio of stuff you''ve written. Again helps for jobs/applying for journalism courses etc...I realise i could just write it on a post but things like that often get lost with all the other posts... Shock horror, I also kinda hope people eenjoy reading the blog... I know that I certainly enjoy reading other people''s blogs/column entries. Posting on the wall is like advertising the blog, and it obviously works as I can tell from the rise in the amount of hits i get (not nearly enough [:''(] )Anyway, that''s why...  Best,James ''The Chirp Blogger'' [8-|]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]LQ ( or Pete the moderator ), I''m not picking on you but rather just trying to understand. Why is it necessary to write a blog and then start a message on here that is, in effect, advertising the blog to try to encourage people to read it. It''s just seems like wasted time and effort. It''s not that I''m not interested in what you have to say but why don''t you write your input directly on to the thread that you are starting here in the first place? Am I missing something? [/quote]

Self promotion in this plastic celebrity age.

Well I just write it because I enjoy writing and popping the links in lets me be a little more creative than in the things I usually do.And plastic celebrity? Oh give over. What on earth does one gain from this other than making a few (quite a few actually) people smile or think occasionally and sometimes a hell of a lot of abuse?Oh yeah - real celebrity!

[quote user="LQ"]Well I just write it because I enjoy writing and popping the links in lets me be a little more creative than in the things I usually do.

And plastic celebrity? Oh give over. What on earth does one gain from this other than making a few (quite a few actually) people smile or think occasionally and sometimes a hell of a lot of abuse?

Oh yeah - real celebrity!

[/quote]

A smug feeling of self importance?

Why on earth would I feel self-important?Look, plain facts are that if no-one, or even very few people, read it I wouldn''t write it. But they do, so I do. There''s no law saying you have to. I''m not holding a gun to your puppy''s head or anything.Jeez...

LQ he/she''s got me there... It does make me feel really important :-) Kinda like an Obama but slightly cuter and less American.

So being verbally abused by The Scummers, equated to finding out that the wordy prince who tickled the gash was in fact a dirty old married man.

Marvelous

What are you doing saturday night petal?

[quote user="LQ"]Why on earth would I feel self-important?

Look, plain facts are that if no-one, or even very few people, read it I wouldn''t write it. But they do, so I do. There''s no law saying you have to. I''m not holding a gun to your puppy''s head or anything.

Jeez...

[/quote]

calm down dear!

I never said that I was a reader of your blog, I commented on the point that after writing your thoughts for your audience why do you then feel the need to promote the blog on a message board..........if thats not you seeking attention I do not know what is.

I bet you subscribe to Twitter as well.

[quote user="LQ"]Thanks Face [:)]

Hi Yankee,

Sorry if you find it annoying or whatever. I just do what Pete did when I first blogged on here a few years back.

I suppose I could just cut and paste in into here too, so saving you that click but unfortunately links don''t come out for me in posts so you''d miss out on the fluffy kittens and Star Trek and then it''d make even less sense...

[;)]

[/quote]

Thanks for your answer LQ. If the only thing I''d be missing is fluffy kittens and Star Trek then I would have to conclude that if you can''t be bothered to copy and paste your input into the thread that you start on here I see no reason why I should be bothered either, but thanks for your feedback. If, on the other hand, you should choose to copy and paste your input on to threads you initiate here I will be more than happy to read them as long as you prove to write things that are of interest. You can usually guage that by the number of responses and hits you get. I would have thought this would be a sensible approach.

Err...ok Yankee.The whole point of the resurrected blog was to make it more interactive but like I said, you read it if you want. If you don''t want, don''t make that extra click.And thanks, I''m more than happy with the number of ''hits'' I get. I suppose the whole idea (which came from the webmasters in the first place) was to let people know it had been updated?