Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fellow

Gunn Next Season??

Norwich''s best years were when we appointed from within with people who had a feeling for the club. As it stands at the moment I like to see Gunn appointed permanently - if we just surrender in the next two games I might feel differently but...I don''t see that we can say that on the on hand we have been in long term decline with no money or players and then criticise someone who doesn''t rescue us in 3 months.

[quote user="Badger"]
Norwich''s best years were when we appointed from within with people who had a feeling for the club. As it stands at the moment I like to see Gunn appointed permanently - if we just surrender in the next two games I might feel differently but...

I don''t see that we can say that on the on hand we have been in long term decline with no money or players and then criticise someone who doesn''t rescue us in 3 months.
[/quote]

Y''mean, a bit like Shearer at Newcastle?........Smart move, winners all round.

By my calculations Roeder''s points per game record this season is better than Gunn''s.  We have dropped into the relegation zone since Gunn took over.

From this evidence i think it is likely that Roeder would have kept us up.  Despite tonight''s result, it is still likely that Gunn will take us down.

Another brilliant move by the board.

Simply no.Gunn is not the man to take us anywhere as a club. I wholeheartedly believe he doesn''t have the ability to manage this club, and he has most certainly proved that with his managerial record so far (that is undoubtedly dire, whatever way you look at it).I think Boothroyd has the ability to reconstruct this club. However even if we don''t get him, we must not pursue with Gunn. As many have pointed out before (as it is so obvious), he''s a great man, but he isn''t and never has been a great manager.

No thanks promoting from within is one thing but promoting the hospitality man is taking it to far , has looked hopeless since given the job.