Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fellow

Gunn Next Season??

Just wondered if anyone else had picked up on this. When the first few pre season friendlies were announced Gunn said he was looking forward to taking the squad to those games. Now have I got this wrong or between the end of this season and the start of the pre seasons friendlies we should be looking to appoint a new manager or a decision made then about giving gunn an extension. How can he say he is looking forward to something that he may not actually do? Seems to me that decision has already been made from what he said or am I reading too much into this (with this board it wouldn''t suprise me)!!  

You''re reading too much into this. If we go down he will let someone else come in with experience. There''s no way he will leave the club altogether but I''m sure he was referring to coming back in a different capacity. Even Gunny should know not to risk taking this club deeper into trouble.

hope your rite, nothing against Gunny but we need someone to dig us out of this mess whatever league we are in. If he is serious about managing Norwich maybe he needs to look to the lower leagues to learn his trade for a while and see how things turns out?

I''d like an external appointment - maybe Boothroyd, League One style football suits his managerial attributes. Would like Crook and Butterworth to stay on in coaching roles with Hucks and Iwan back also. Too much to ask?

Robbo back as a coach would be ideal so we could mould a new target man if we have one with Lee''s loan ending and Corts contract up. I would hope that Huckerby would have some sort of involvement on the pitch, I think at his age league 1 would suit him and if he is comfortable give him a rolling contract if he want to carry on playing. But who knows..........

Hopefully team Gunn will still be in charge.  Someone with the foresight to sign players like Cody, bring through some of our own young players, and generally attempt to get back to "the Norwich way" is exactly what we need.  I only hope that the "he dooont have nooo expaireence" brigade don''t get their way......

Will this board never learn, why just because they have played for NCFC do they have more chance of managing this club than someone who has actually managed/coached/motivated other professional players. Gunn should never been offered the job ahead of the likes of Boothroyd and now this club will suffer because of this boards ignorance of the situation and taking the easy option.

Good luck to Wolves who have appointed a proven manager and backed him. What it must be like to have a board with ambition and backbone!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hopefully he will be gone in 2 games time and we can appoint a FOOTBALL MANAGER like all the other clubs.[/quote]Gunn/Butterworth/Crook have been a breath of fresh air after what we''ve had to put up with for so long. We need to build for the future changing managerial set up every six months is not the way. We should back the team we have and give them time to turn things around. People seem to forget that our most succesful managers of recent years were inexperienced and promoted from within (Walker & Worthington) Although maybe Crook or Butterworth should take the lead next season

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Of course it will be Gunn. He''s the cheapest option.[/quote]Roeder was the expensive option and look where that got us? We need money for players not overpaid and under motivated managers coming here to grow fat and top up their pension funds. At least Gunn cares about the club.

"Gunn/Butterworth/Crook have been a breath of fresh air after what we''ve had to put up with for so long. We need to build for the future changing managerial set up every six months is not the way. We should back the team we have and give them time to turn things around.

People seem to forget that our most succesful managers of recent years were inexperienced and promoted from within (Walker & Worthington)

Although maybe Crook or Butterworth should take the lead next season"

Don''t forget Ken Brown and Dave Stringer.

Experience - Boothroyd (sacked), Ince (sacked) these are some of the names being mentioned or inexperienced - Di Matteo, Zola, Darren Ferguson.

Gunny will come good .... you must remember his old manager was one game away from being sacked at Manchester United .... but that turned out to be OK for them in the end didn''t it? Have faith, can you not see the improvement in the club''s outlook and development since Roeder left?

How we''ll even be able to afford Boothroyd unless we stay up is a mystery to me. Actually even if we do beat the drop I still don''t think we''d be able to afford him unless he was willing to take a substantial paycut.

Mark Robins should be appointed. A man who has a good record so far, albeit a short one, has some of that yellow and green blood the board harp on about, and looks te be ambitious.

Therein maybe the problem...i cannot see the board ever appointing an ambitious manager!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Of course it will be Gunn. He''s the cheapest option.[/quote]

Precisely. Rightly or wrongly, I fully expect Gunn to get the job permanently, relegation or not.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hopefully he will be gone in 2 games time and we can appoint a FOOTBALL MANAGER like all the other clubs.
[/quote]

What like Roedernowhere was and Grant before him!

If team Gunn would of been in charge all season we''d already be safe in mid table!

From where I''m sitting giving Gunn and CO a chance next season is the best option, maybe the cheapest one as well but much more chance of success than appointed a so called experienced manager who may do exactly what Roedernowhere or Grant did!

Dear oh dear no wonder this club is in a mess , Gunn has relegated us , he cannot get the team fired up for a vital game against Ipswich , he is not and never will make a football manager but because he is a nice smiley guy and used to play in goal for us you would have him stay on .He keeps the job and by the middle of next season you will all be baying for his head as he flops big time. I just hope he does the decent thing and walks away but fear the power of being in charge has already gone to his head just like it did after the Barnsley game. The day Gunn got the job was the day we were relegated  .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Dear oh dear no wonder this club is in a mess , Gunn has relegated us , he cannot get the team fired up for a vital game against Ipswich , he is not and never will make a football manager but because he is a nice smiley guy and used to play in goal for us you would have him stay on .He keeps the job and by the middle of next season you will all be baying for his head as he flops big time. I just hope he does the decent thing and walks away but fear the power of being in charge has already gone to his head just like it did after the Barnsley game. The day Gunn got the job was the day we were relegated  .
[/quote]

Its not exactly rocket science is it?...eh?..........with our board maybe it is![:S]

It has been absolutely clear from he moment he got the job that, barring a complete disaster like not winning a single game, Gunn and Co will be in charge next season. if its not Gunn it will be Butterworth or Crook.

And for the person knocking Ince and Boothroyd as they have been sacked , i dont think there is any chance whatsoever that Bryann Gunn will ever match the managerial success these two have already achieved in their short careers.

A 14000 attendance at the cup game and a 4-1 win got Gunny the job.

The Board were sh*t scared that the season ticket sales that were due to be launched the following week would be a flop and knew that appointing Gunny would help with sales - 17000 imo proves them to be correct.

Gunny will not be Manager next season. He will have an ambasador role within the club with football duties being taken care of by Butterworth aand Crook.

The board knew that the fans would never turn on Gunn and would happily buy season tickets whilst he was in charge. see latest figures for season ticket sales to show dip in purchase whilst the reality of our perilous position is unresolved.

no hes a good player but he doesn''t know how to manage. he need to learn how to use his subs better.

[quote user="Darren"]Just wondered if anyone else had picked up on this. When the first few pre season friendlies were announced Gunn said he was looking forward to taking the squad to those games. Now have I got this wrong or between the end of this season and the start of the pre seasons friendlies we should be looking to appoint a new manager or a decision made then about giving gunn an extension. How can he say he is looking forward to something that he may not actually do? Seems to me that decision has already been made from what he said or am I reading too much into this (with this board it wouldn''t suprise me)!!  [/quote]I hope Gunn does stay on, whatever the Division we find ourselves in. More importantly, the reason he got the job was because of the coaching staff he brought in. With the way Roeder fell out with Norfolk, I believe Gunny got the job as he pointed out at the interveiw that our best era''s have come from when we appointed Managers from within. As a result, I believe Butterworth will be the next Manager of Norwich.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Darren"]Just wondered if anyone else had picked up on this. When the first few pre season friendlies were announced Gunn said he was looking forward to taking the squad to those games. Now have I got this wrong or between the end of this season and the start of the pre seasons friendlies we should be looking to appoint a new manager or a decision made then about giving gunn an extension. How can he say he is looking forward to something that he may not actually do? Seems to me that decision has already been made from what he said or am I reading too much into this (with this board it wouldn''t suprise me)!!  [/quote]

I hope Gunn does stay on, whatever the Division we find ourselves in. More importantly, the reason he got the job was because of the coaching staff he brought in. With the way Roeder fell out with Norfolk, I believe Gunny got the job as he pointed out at the interveiw that our best era''s have come from when we appointed Managers from within. As a result, I believe Butterworth will be the next Manager of Norwich.
[/quote]

Or, was the reason Gunny got the job - was because Worthy didn''t want it?.....See if Crooky stays if we''re relegated.....

Can somebody please tell me if they think we are better off now than we were under Glenn Roeder i firmly believe he would have kept us up so what if he alienated a few sad supporters who dont like the truth, we should have given him til the end of the season if we stayed up sack him anyway what would we have lost. Instead our illustrious board appoint an icon out of his depth just to favour populaity for themselves, wake up England we are a joke and only a massive clearout from top to bottom will save this club from extinction come on Coventry!!! 

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

"Gunn/Butterworth/Crook have been a breath of fresh air after what we''ve had to put up with for so long. We need to build for the future changing managerial set up every six months is not the way. We should back the team we have and give them time to turn things around. People seem to forget that our most succesful managers of recent years were inexperienced and promoted from within (Walker & Worthington) Although maybe Crook or Butterworth should take the lead next season"

Don''t forget Ken Brown and Dave Stringer.

Experience - Boothroyd (sacked), Ince (sacked) these are some of the names being mentioned or inexperienced - Di Matteo, Zola, Darren Ferguson.

Gunny will come good .... you must remember his old manager was one game away from being sacked at Manchester United .... but that turned out to be OK for them in the end didn''t it? Have faith, can you not see the improvement in the club''s outlook and development since Roeder left?

[/quote]Evening, Melissa!

"hi gunny - what veggies are on tonight???" "ok bry- well... - ummm,,,yeah - cauli cheese goes well with topside - good suggestion///i too like the way the cheese sauce makes swirly patterns in the gravy!!!"