Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

More news of Mr Cullum's financial struggles...

Hardly struggles are they? My guess is Cullum is waiting till we get relegated so he can buy the club at a (hopefully) greatly reduced price. Shrewed business sence imo. Hopefully he will be more sucessful second time round after making Delia beg like a leper.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

Hardly struggles are they? My guess is Cullum is waiting till we get relegated so he can buy the club at a (hopefully) greatly reduced price. Shrewed business sence imo. Hopefully he will be more sucessful second time round after making Delia beg like a leper.

[/quote]

Here we go again.  He approached the club twice, and twice they turned him down.  We can argue all day about whether they were justified in doing so, but the fact is that they did.  This time it''s their turn to make the first move, or at least send out the right smoke signals (hopefully not via the media).

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

Here we go again.  He approached the club twice, and twice they turned him down.  We can argue all day about whether they were justified in doing so, but the fact is that they did.  This time it''s their turn to make the first move, or at least send out the right smoke signals (hopefully not via the media).

[/quote]

You would prefer the fans were kept in the dark? You''re right though, the only way a deal will ever be done is if Delia and her cronies approach Cullum with their tails between their legs.

A slight word of caution about the headline on that EDP story. It says

Towergate has made a profit for 2008 of more than £100m. That might be slightly

misleading. It’s actually earnings before various items are taken into account.

To put that in perspective, the equivalent earnings figure for Towergate in

2007 was £99.5m, but after the various deductions that translated not into a

profit, but into a loss of £12m.

So this preliminary earnings figure for 2008 of more than £100m is unlikely to

equate to a profit of anything like that, and Cullum has as far as I can see

not made a prediction as to what the figure will be. However the fact that

earnings are higher is welcome news for the business.

Moreover, Cullum is bullish about 2009 as well as saying how 2008 went, so it

seems as if his business may be going better than he himself warned a few

months ago. If that is the case, and Towergate is surviving the crisis, then

that is good news for its 4,600 employees. If it means that in the future Peter

Cullum as a private individual might put forward a revamped offer for Norwich, then that could potentially

be good news.

Hmmmm is this the same purplecanary that wrote 350 words on how Peter Cullum has been stringing us poor mortals along?   Whoops sorry it was 3,500 wasn''t it?

I would have thought that any revamped offer was likely to be along the lines of:

"Well ask me nicely and jump over that bar and then maybe I''ll let you have some of what I previously offered."

I know I''d be tempted to.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

A slight word of caution about the headline on that EDP story. It says Towergate has made a profit for 2008 of more than £100m. That might be slightly misleading. It’s actually earnings before various items are taken into account.

To put that in perspective, the equivalent earnings figure for Towergate in 2007 was £99.5m, but after the various deductions that translated not into a profit, but into a loss of £12m.

So this preliminary earnings figure for 2008 of more than £100m is unlikely to equate to a profit of anything like that, and Cullum has as far as I can see not made a prediction as to what the figure will be. However the fact that earnings are higher is welcome news for the business.

Moreover, Cullum is bullish about 2009 as well as saying how 2008 went, so it seems as if his business may be going better than he himself warned a few months ago. If that is the case, and Towergate is surviving the crisis, then that is good news for its 4,600 employees. If it means that in the future Peter Cullum as a private individual might put forward a revamped offer for Norwich, then that could potentially be good news.

[/quote]

In the current climate those figures are sensational. We are on the verge of a depression, let alone a recession.

How much did NU lose recently (£800m)? AIG are all but bust, yet Towergate is still in decent nick.

You have to admit, it is VERY impressive, and all the more reason why we should have chased him, not the other way around.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

A slight word of caution about the headline on that EDP story. It says Towergate has made a profit for 2008 of more than £100m. That might be slightly misleading. It’s actually earnings before various items are taken into account.

To put that in perspective, the equivalent earnings figure for Towergate in 2007 was £99.5m, but after the various deductions that translated not into a profit, but into a loss of £12m.

So this preliminary earnings figure for 2008 of more than £100m is unlikely to equate to a profit of anything like that, and Cullum has as far as I can see not made a prediction as to what the figure will be. However the fact that earnings are higher is welcome news for the business.

Moreover, Cullum is bullish about 2009 as well as saying how 2008 went, so it seems as if his business may be going better than he himself warned a few months ago. If that is the case, and Towergate is surviving the crisis, then that is good news for its 4,600 employees. If it means that in the future Peter Cullum as a private individual might put forward a revamped offer for Norwich, then that could potentially be good news.

[/quote]

Purple - whilst i accept what you say for me the 2 key points are that:

1. His business has not imploded - in fact he it appears it may be performing stronger.

2. He has just renegotiated a £900m loan facility with Lloyds TSB which rather tends to make claims he could not renegotiate our debts with BOS/AXA look a little unconvincing! Ok different banks and different debts but that fact is that BOS and Axa would certainly not be in a worse position with PC at the helm than they are now!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You would prefer the fans were kept in the dark? You''re right though, the only way a deal will ever be done is if Delia and her cronies approach Cullum with their tails between their legs.

[/quote]

I would if it increased the chances of a deal being done.  And despite everything that''s happened I''ve no desire to see them publicly humiliated.  I just want them to go, now if not sooner, so that this club can move on.

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would if it increased the chances of a deal being done.  And despite everything that''s happened I''ve no desire to see them publicly humiliated.  I just want them to go, now if not sooner, so that this club can move on.

[/quote]

Why would it increase the chances to exclude the fans out of any takeover activity? Surely the fans involvement would only apply further and much needed pressure on the board to sell up?

And so the Cullum myth continues to perpetuate itself. A bit like World War One soldiers seeing an angel at Mons. Very sad.

[quote user="Beauseant"]And so the Cullum myth continues to perpetuate itself. A bit like World War One soldiers seeing an angel at Mons. Very sad.[/quote]

Come on Beau you old tight wad, put us out of our misery and buy the club!

They do orange, fruit and plain chocolate.

If you like a lot of Cullum on your forum join our club!

[quote user="Beauseant"]And so the Cullum myth continues to perpetuate itself. A bit like World War One soldiers seeing an angel at Mons. Very sad.[/quote]

Took you a while to show up. I guess you had to wait for matron to go for a slash so you could jump on the compooter while she wasn''t looking.

There, there. It''s all fine. Don''t worry - Delia''s going nowhere.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Don''t they do the mint ones anymore? Even the bloody biscuits aren''t as good as in my day. Bah humbug![:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Don''t they do the mint ones anymore? Even the bloody biscuits aren''t as good as in my day. Bah humbug![:D]

Realistically PC is the only man on earth who can save this club from slipping into oblivion. For us to stop speculating about his investing in the club would be rediculous, not sad.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would it increase the chances to exclude the fans out of any takeover activity? Surely the fans involvement would only apply further and much needed pressure on the board to sell up?

[/quote]

I''d have thought it was abundantly clear by now that fan pressure only makes them dig their heels in.  The point is, they have be willing to do a deal.  If they are then fan pressure won''t be necessary.  If they aren''t then fan pressure won''t work and will only make the fanbase more divided if that were possible.

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d have thought it was abundantly clear by now that fan pressure only makes them dig their heels in.  The point is, they have be willing to do a deal.  If they are then fan pressure won''t be necessary.  If they aren''t then fan pressure won''t work and will only make the fanbase more divided if that were possible.

[/quote]I disagree, the few times that fan pressure has been strongly and directly applied it has produced results, the Worthy Out campaign and the protests that saw the last of Roeder are testament to that. The problem is that Delia has been so successful in deluding so much of the NCFC fanbase that is is far too difficult for those who see sense to convince enough of the Delia supporters that she is actually doing more harm than good to this club. Relagation may be the tipping point, the old Division Three will be a bitter pill for many fans to swallow, and many who have convinced themselves that we cannot be relegated (though HOW they''ve managed to support such a view when we have been utterly dire on the pitch for 3 straight seasons is anyone''s guess) may finally see the light.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED21%20Apr%202009%2011%3A41%3A28%3A817

Honk, honk. Come on Wagcaster let''s have the board''s line on this then???

[/quote]

I''m only a simple suffolk soul...but earnings are not quite the same as profits are they?

Graham Paddon''s Beaver said:

I''m only a simple suffolk soul...but earnings are not quite the same as profits are they?

Mello Slipped Halo sez: 

.......and ''Investment'' isn''t really giving - and not expecting some kind of return....is it?

[quote user="Beauseant"]And so the Cullum myth continues to perpetuate itself. A bit like World War One soldiers seeing an angel at Mons. Very sad.[/quote]I don''t agree with your metaphor that trivialises the terrible tragedyof WW1 .Sorry, it''s more like children refusing to believe that Father Christmas doesn''t exist.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

Realistically PC is the only man on earth who can save this club from slipping into oblivion. For us to stop speculating about his investing in the club would be rediculous, not sad.

[/quote]Why do you think that he is the only one?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Beauseant"]And so the Cullum myth continues to perpetuate itself. A bit like World War One soldiers seeing an angel at Mons. Very sad.[/quote]I don''t agree with your metaphor that trivialises the terrible tragedyof WW1 .Sorry, it''s more like children refusing to believe that Father Christmas doesn''t exist.[/quote] Or people believing Delias a saviour and a Saint all rolled into one .

Nobody will buy the club for the simple reason her who controls it doesnt want to sell  , never has done and never will , its the child she never had.

But its time to let go for the future of the club.. sorry to steal ur sig... but I am with u! If u mind tell me and I will remove it!