Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Interesting quote from a Tottenham chap

Re Norwich U18''s inflicting only the second defeat of the season on Spurs U18''s reported on this board.

Spurs U18 manager Alex Inglethorpe: "We gave away a daft goal early on, just a lack of concentration but then we produced some very, very good football and I thought we had maybe 70 per cent of the remaining chances but could we get past their keeper?  Absolutely great goalkeeping - one in the first half and two in the second I was convinced were going in but somehow he got there.  We did all the right things but we just couldn''t get past him on the day.  We felt frustrated but you must give credit to the Norwich lad who had a marvellous game."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Re Norwich U18''s inflicting only the second defeat of the season on Spurs U18''s reported on this board.

Spurs U18 manager Alex Inglethorpe: "We gave away a daft goal early on, just a lack of concentration but then we produced some very, very good football and I thought we had maybe 70 per cent of the remaining chances but could we get past their keeper?  Absolutely great goalkeeping - one in the first half and two in the second I was convinced were going in but somehow he got there.  We did all the right things but we just couldn''t get past him on the day.  We felt frustrated but you must give credit to the Norwich lad who had a marvellous game."

[/quote]I''m assuming this is a reference to Rudd?

There''s no doubt Rudd is a big, big keeper for us.Far better than Lewis I have heard. You can understand them cashing in on him if this is true. Plus, Joe has gone on to create a good career for himself with Peterborough

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Bye, bye Marshy.

A couple of million will serve very nicely in helping to fill Delia''s hole.

OTBC

[/quote]I doubt that we would get 2 million.

The last thing I want to think about is Delia''s hole. that''s a disgusting image first thing in the morning, you should be ashamed of yourself!!Wink [;)]

No doubt Rudd has a lot of potential but not sure he is ready to be our no.1 for the whole season - a big step up from U18 level even if we are in League 1.

[quote user="rjwc22"]No doubt Rudd has a lot of potential but not sure he is ready to be our no.1 for the whole season - a big step up from U18 level even if we are in League 1.[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. The question will be whether or not we have a choice. As said, Marshall will be off in the close season if we''re relegated. Can we afford to replace our goalkeeper when we have a potentially very talented young lad sat in our U18s and with so many other positions in much more dire need of strengthening?

I would much rather play Rudd than get another loanee in and give another premiership club the chance to improve the value of another one of their players. If we are looking at youth, and the academy is there to provide us with players, it''s about time we developed our own players and not other peoples.

I think if Marshall goes then the shirt should be up for grabs between Rudd and Nelson.  Think between them they can reduce the pressure on each other.

Agreed though, this is the last position I would want to see a loanee coming in to.

Judging by every account i heard from supporters of his previous clubs Nelson is cr*p so frankly I would rather give Rudd a go, especially if we are in League 1. how old were marshall and green when they were thrown in to the first team?

Would rather play him as a youngster than risk another Lewis situation where he gets frustrated and leaves to get first team football. isn''t the other young keeper rated even higher by some that watch the youth team.

If only we could produce people to put the ball in the net as well as we produce ones to pick it out again.

About £500k, We bought him for less than a million from Celtic and then his stock''s fallen further.

On the subject of Rudd, he''ll probably just be pinched by someone else

I heard that Coventry''s reserve keeper is being released at the end of the season and could come in and do a short term job until Rudd is considered ready.

[quote user="rjwc22"]If only we could produce people to put the ball in the net as well as we produce ones to pick it out again.[/quote]Maybe it''s because they get so much practice that we keep turning them out!