Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Southampton?????

Cant decide what i want to happen to them on Saturday. If they lose they are down and have nothing to play for against Forest last game. However if they win they go above us, hopefully only for 48 hours, haven''t looked mind you what happens if they draw? what do people think?

If we have to worry about Saints being above us at the end of the season then we''l be down anyway. I still think we need 4 points to stay up, most likely on goal difference, as I think that Plymouth will lose to QPR, and Barnsley lose to Wolves.

Woulkd not mind them winning as long as Forest get nothing on Saturday then their final game becomes a battle.

While 4 points for us could still be enough.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]If we have to worry about Saints being above us at the end of the season then we''l be down anyway. I still think we need 4 points to stay up, most likely on goal difference, as I think that Plymouth will lose to QPR, and Barnsley lose to Wolves.[/quote]

Can''t help but fear the old ''after the lord mayor''s show'' syndrome with Wolves. They''re up anyway so might not be giving a flying fook. Just need to hope Mad Mick McCarthy tells them to go all out for the championship and not wait for the last game of the season at Molyneux... [:|]

Now we want Birmingham to win on Saturday.

Reading can catch them if they don''t and will really be up for it on Monday.

Reading play Birmingham last game and have a superior goal average.

This is agonising.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Now we want Birmingham to win on Saturday.

Reading can catch them if they don''t and will really be up for it on Monday.

Reading play Birmingham last game and have a superior goal average.

This is agonising.[/quote]Birmingham only need to draw on Saturday to finish ahead of Reading, a win would guarantee them to go up automatically.

I''ve been saying for a while that the really ''big'' game could be Forest v Southampton.  If Forest lose on Sat, probably best result for us is for Southampton to win to put us (temporarily) second bottom, as it will prolong their involvement into their final game at Forest: that one would then turn into a "winner stays up" (or possibly a ''draw sees both relegated'' at our expense) match.

Whatever, we need to win at least one of our last two games or we are, very likely, toast [technically right now, 2 draws with Barnsley losing both games would be enough].

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]If we have to worry about Saints being above us at the end of the season then we''l be down anyway. I still think we need 4 points to stay up, most likely on goal difference, as I think that Plymouth will lose to QPR, and Barnsley lose to Wolves.[/quote]

Why do people think that Barnsley will lose at home to Wolves??

Wolves have nothing to play for now and won''t care a damm

Whatever the technicalities, 2 wins will mean survival.It''s now down to Gunn & the team. It''s within their grasp. Simple as.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Why should Barnsley beat Wolves, they haven''t been able to beat an egg for months! Why should we beat Reading? Because it''s what we do. Why should we beat Charlton........................................ hard one that, but then why should Barnsley beat Plymouth? Who knows Angel!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Maybe because Wolves are top and want to secure the titleMaybe becasue Barnsley have won 1 in the last 10.Maybe becasue Wolves are very good and Barnsley are not?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

That''s surely rubbish, and negative just for the sake of it.  Wolves will be desperate to go up as champions and their supporters will expect nothing less; they need a point to be sure of that position and then can have a party back at their place for the final game. 

That said, in this division I''d not put too much money on anything - indeed, one of the most galling things this season has been that we did not lose to either of the sides who look likely to get automatic promotion, yet managed to lose to many sides who are average at best. 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Of course they care, they want to win the title, what would you have said the season we won...ah well it''s only Barnsley it doesn''t matter.  You''d have wanted us to win and go and show some passion.  Wolves are top for a reason, they have a great record at home and away.  Barnsley are on a terrible run of form.Wolves want the TITLE, all the players will want to WIN.  Come on CA you must be able to see that.I''m starting to think that you actually want us to go down.

Wakey Wakey people.. wolves need ONE POINT for the title regardless what birmingham do...

Wolves have a 6 point lead so can afford a defeat.. if they draw they will win the league by a point from birmingham even if they win both their games....

Mick Mcarthy is going to want wolves to celebrate the promotion party at Molineux but will want to finish the job asap.

Mick is also a Barnsley boy.. born and raised.... look at wolves next game.....

im sorry to harp on about it but this is going to be 1985 all over again....

I doubt wolves are going to register a single shot on target on saturday as they aim for a 0-0 draw in the dullest football match ever played....

if Barnsley come away with a point that leaves them 3 ahead of us, not safe i know.. but makes it bloody difficult for us.

jas :)