Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Cody Mac to start on Monday?

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

I actually think that Wiz has a point here.  I don''t know the ins and the outs of the situation regarding Cureton but i think there is definitely a case for having him on the bench on Monday alony with MacDonald and possibly Daley.

We have to win so our bench needs all the attacking options we can get on it. I would start with Gow up front and Lappin on the left but if you need a goal in the last ten minutes you could do worse than chuck Jamie on and give him a chance for redemption

[/quote]Sorry, not a good idea. Norwich''s redemption is far more important than Jamie''s, & Cody is a far better option.The only scenario I can think of in which he would take part is if Gunn went for all-out attack at the end. Even so I think we''d have more chance moving the Doc &/or Shax up front.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]How many has Mooney now scored? Surely he must not be too far off being our top scorer?[/quote]More than Cureton that''s for sure, 3 I think isn''t it?If Cureton gets anywhere near the bench on Saturday I''ll be hugely disappointed.  He''s had enough chances now, and failed to take them.  He doesn''t deserve to be in the team, its quite simple.  Whatever you say Wiz, I don''t care, your blind faith in Cureton is quite frankly unbelievable when you have such strong views and complaints over other things that happen at this football club.

Jamie has scored just 2 goals

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Statistics/0,,10355,00.html

Mooney has scored 3

[quote user="Reckoner"]Oh come on, Gow has been played out of position the last few games, he''s much better upfront than on the wing. And why the hell would you put Cureton, an old rubbish striker who hasn''t played for 10 or so games, in the team ahead of a young, enthusiastic striker who is hungry to play games?[/quote]

his first touch is good but he tries to do far too much

Ipswich summed up Alan gow for me.. he thinks he''s better than he actually is..

trying to beat 8 players instead of passing it to an unmarked player in the penalty area is unforgiveable.. if Gow really was Theirry henry then we''d all be happy.. but he isn''t..

he has also failed to contribute anything to the side in his time here.. being "hungry for games" doesnt mean a thing...

jas :)

ZLF is right about Gow. He looks great when he plays up front. Jas, if you really think he has failed to contribute anything to the side while he was here you can''t have been at the Cardiff game, in which he was absolutely superb. He is much less effective on the wing, where Gunn mystifiyingly continues to play him.

He was rubbish at Ipswich, and his body language does suggest he is not thrilled to be here, but he is a very good player and must start up front with Lee on Monday night. With Hoolahan out and Croft doubtful, he is our only really creative player. Cody on the bench, with Lappin making a controversial appearance in his preferred position on the left of midfield.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

ZLF is right about Gow. He looks great when he plays up front. Jas, if you really think he has failed to contribute anything to the side while he was here you can''t have been at the Cardiff game, in which he was absolutely superb. He is much less effective on the wing, where Gunn mystifiyingly continues to play him.

He was rubbish at Ipswich, and his body language does suggest he is not thrilled to be here, but he is a very good player and must start up front with Lee on Monday night. With Hoolahan out and Croft doubtful, he is our only really creative player. Cody on the bench, with Lappin making a controversial appearance in his preferred position on the left of midfield.

[/quote]

you have just proved the point Robert...

Gows body Language indicates he doesnt want to be here.. so he isnt going to give 100% to the cause, if he is a better player then theres absolutely no chance of seeing it when he is here... as he is never going to give his all for us...

no good playing someone on name and reputation alone.. if he doesnt want to be here, drop him, send him back.. and play someone who wants to keep the club up and is proud to play for us.

we cant stick him in the team and hope he comes good when his heart isn''t in it in the hope he might all of a sudden give a sh*t.

jas :)

I think the point is gow would prefer to play as a striker and to be fair to him his impact in the two games he started there was phenomenal - 2 motm and 2 wins,  ok no goals but he was the creative player we have been missing.

Gow has NOT impressed me as a midfielder - very reminiscent of Russel as a striker - clearly unhappy and inadequate being played out of their prefered position. I completely agree that playing him there is a waste (well maybe not - even a half hearted Gow is probably still better than fozzy pattison or carney !)

As far as giving a sh*t this season on that basis would we have 11 players to field?  The ONLY player that I can hand on heart say has give a sh*t every appearance is  Gary Docherty.  The others have consistently failed to perform - whether loaness or not.Incl Crofty.  Incl Marshall.  Incl Clingan

Best players in their best position.  For me up front that is easily Gow and Lee on Monday,   letting gow running himself into the ground for 60-70 mins to be replaced for by COdy who can and will scare Reading late on...

[quote user="Metatron"]Jamie has scored just 2 goals

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Statistics/0,,10355,00.html

Mooney has scored 3[/quote]jonathan grounds scored more from left back...

Be fair - jamie has scored 50% of the goals scored by strikers the club owns - who can moan about that!   [;)]