Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Cody Mac to start on Monday?

Surely Cody Mac will get a start on Monday against Reading.   With Alan Lee getting the flick ons, surely Cody would be the best suited to play alongside him.  We need to go for it in these last 2 games so get Gow, Croft, Lee and Cody on from the start and go for it.Thoughts?

[quote user="First Wizard"]You needan old head for this game, Jamie Cureton.......come on down.[/quote]No no no no. Haven''t you got it yet, he will never play for this club again.

Cody for me!  Cureton no sadly, I doubt he will play for us again, he must be on pretty high wages considering his role at the club so I expect him to be gone in the summer. He was always going to struggle to be fair as he is certainly not in the mold of Ashton and Earnshaw, the men he directly replaced.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="First Wizard"]You needan old head for this game, Jamie Cureton.......come on down.[/quote]

No no no no. Haven''t you got it yet, he will never play for this club again.
[/quote]

Oh, SPat, I must have missed your tenue as Norwich City manager![:D]

[quote user="rjwc22"]

What about Gow up front with Lee, and Bertrand on the left wing?

[/quote]

How about Gow just f**ks off and goes back to Scotland dreaming of the one good game he''s had for us since coming down.

If Cody does not start on Monday Gunn is an idiot.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

How about Gow just f**ks off and goes back to Scotland dreaming of the one good game he''s had for us since coming down.

[/quote]

lol to the point as ever!  I do sometimes wonder how you manage to find time to post on here what with all those speaches you must consult on for Ahmadinejad...

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol to the point as ever!  I do sometimes wonder how you manage to find time to post on here what with all those speaches you must consult on for Ahmadinejad...

[/quote]

Sorry its just Gow really got on my nerves on Sunday. TBH I missed the Cardiff game which i know was the game where he apparently had a blinder but having heard all the reports from that game was expecting big things from Gow. In every game I have seen since he has some nice touches but gets knocked off the ball, coasts about the pitch and gives it away in really bad areas. On the other hand Cody has looked a real threat every time he''s come on.

I agree that Gow looks a bit weak at times which is why I think if he is going to play would rather see him up front alongside Lee than on the wing.

Cody has looked good coming off the bench and think he deserves a chance to show he can last 90 mins.

Hope Cody starts. Thought he looked bright Sunday. Some nice touches and skill as well as some real passion. Think he could be an important player next season regardless of which division we are in.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly Jim, but just you watch City try and sign him!

Oh come on, Gow has been played out of position the last few games, he''s much better upfront than on the wing. And why the hell would you put Cureton, an old rubbish striker who hasn''t played for 10 or so games, in the team ahead of a young, enthusiastic striker who is hungry to play games?

''''And why the hell would you put Cureton, an old rubbish striker who hasn''t played for 10 or so games, in the team ahead of a young, enthusiastic striker who is hungry to play games?''''

And still hasn''t scored, even Jamie''s done that![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

''''And why the hell would you put Cureton, an old rubbish striker who hasn''t played for 10 or so games, in the team ahead of a young, enthusiastic striker who is hungry to play games?''''

[/quote]

Cody has scored.

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Cody has scored.

[/quote]

And I was replying to the Gow situation!

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Cody has scored.

[/quote]

And I was replying to the Gow situation!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Hmmm...

1. Yes he has scored.

2. He''s had 5 sub appearances of about 10-15 minutes each.

3. Cureton has scored 2 in 10 starts, and 12 sub appearances.

I know who i''d rather have.

Is Mooney back for the Charlton game? typical he is unavailable when he''s the only one who''s putting the goals away regularly

i have to say that i like Gow, tho he''s clearly way out of position on the wing

I would be happy to see Cody start I must say, a good foil to Lee hopefully, just means that we will be left without his pace as an impact substitute later is the thing. Also an older head who is better in defensive situations could be more beneficial

Gow has started and played up front just twice and won both MOTM awards.   He is at his best up front  and has given more in those games than most forwards.  No goals yet but we look like scoring with  him there.

He has the experience that would mean I would keep and introduce Big Mac from the bench. 

I''d like to think Cody will get a longer run out than he did on Sunday....The Piswich defence were slightly unsettled by his ''enthusiasm and passion''....I think Cody will be a crowd-pleaser next season.....whatever our division.

Gow looked great upfront. Watch his first touch and his little jinks and flicks.

Best control on the ball we''ve had for years.

Sorry Jim Smith, I hope we do buy him.

I actually think that Wiz has a point here.  I don''t know the ins and the outs of the situation regarding Cureton but i think there is definitely a case for having him on the bench on Monday alony with MacDonald and possibly Daley.

We have to win so our bench needs all the attacking options we can get on it. I would start with Gow up front and Lappin on the left but if you need a goal in the last ten minutes you could do worse than chuck Jamie on and give him a chance for redemption