Sign in to follow this  
H4H

more relgation analysis

Vital late pen from Cov last night!

Interesting! Bansley''s last game is away at Plymouth - now Plymouth are only 4 points above us (our GD btter) so still in the mix. If Norwich can have both plymouth and Barnsely within 3 points of us going into the last round of games (ie if our situation improves over the w.e.), it means if we beat Charlton we will def stay up - because Plymouth and Barnsley cant both win on the last day because they are playing each other!

the key thing this w.e. is for Norwich to get a better result than Plymouth (Plymouth are away at QPR) therefore - and assume Barnsley don''t go and beat Wolves!

this would mean we have it on our hands on the last day

ooh the permeatations!

my thoughts as well , i really cant imagine barnsley getting too much out of wolves either considering they have won 1 in the last 10 played .

also southampton have forest , so points will be lost in that situation as well .

we just need to win on saturday , wolves will want to finish as champions ,

then barnsley have a task of beating plymouth , who on thier day are a good team .

we my only need a win , if going on form .

true .... i do think norwich will have a bit of luck ,

i have been watching barnsley the last couple of months , they had a few games in hand , and i think about 6 points on us , i really cant see how they would beat wolves and plymouth .

i think they will be lucky to get 1 draw , considering winning one in ten , thats really poor form .

they must have been sitting very deep in the last few minutes at coventry , and had a panic attack, i really hope wolves give them a good beating , i think it would kill them off .

[quote user="H4H"]
Vital late pen from Cov last night!

Interesting! Bansley''s last game is away at Plymouth - now Plymouth are only 4 points above us (our GD btter) so still in the mix. If Norwich can have both plymouth and Barnsely within 3 points of us going into the last round of games (ie if our situation improves over the w.e.), it means if we beat Charlton we will def stay up - because Plymouth and Barnsley cant both win on the last day because they are playing each other!

the key thing this w.e. is for Norwich to get a better result than Plymouth (Plymouth are away at QPR) therefore - and assume Barnsley don''t go and beat Wolves!

this would mean we have it on our hands on the last day

ooh the permeatations!
[/quote]Ooh the patrionising!

If Barnsley and Plymouth are both 3 points ahead of us come the last game of the season then surely they''ll both play for a draw?  And in that scenario they beat relegation by a point should we win at Charlton.   We really need to be above Barnsley come the Charlton match to be in with a real chance!

[quote user="H4H"]Why patrionising??[/quote]I really can''t believe you have to ask.This means that I really cannot believe that you have to question why