Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

WE ARE STILL GOING DOWN!

Seems to be to much hope and optimism on here so i aim to bring a few people back down to earth! Do people really think we will beat reading? we dont stand a chance, come on be realistic!

Our only chance is to beat charlton and that barnsley only take  1 point from there remaining two games. Charlton will be motivated to beat us anyway, just think about it with all the doom and gloom of relegation down at the valley, they will jump at the chance to be inflict pain on another and will find some comfort at being able to relegate the visiting team! i really cant see us geting anything out of the last two games.

Its still league one for me, our disgust must be made loud and clear to the board and everyone else monday night in front of the cameras for all to see.

Dont get your hopes up because of a last minute penalty at the ricoh, you will only be dissapointed. Its just delaying the inevitable.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Seems to be to much hope and optimism on here so i aim to bring a few people back down to earth! Do people really think we will beat reading? we dont stand a chance, come on be realistic!

Our only chance is to beat charlton and that barnsley only take  1 point from there remaining two games. Charlton will be motivated to beat us anyway, just think about it with all the doom and gloom of relegation down at the valley, they will jump at the chance to be inflict pain on another and will find some comfort at being able to relegate the visiting team! i really cant see us geting anything out of the last two games.

Its still league one for me, our disgust must be made loud and clear to the board and everyone else monday night in front of the cameras for all to see.

Dont get your hopes up because of a last minute penalty at the ricoh, you will only be dissapointed. Its just delaying the inevitable.

[/quote]

Thank you Monica Lewinski.[;)]

I think we can and will beat Reading, I''m a realist and I know Reading won last night so will be taking momentum from that but Norwich City at Carrow Road against "the big teams" always put on a performance, especially under the floodlights.

What I do worry about it getting ourselves into an even more promising position for the Charlton game. It seems once a team is mathematically relegated they have no pressure or fear, and they gave a good show last night only to be cruelly denied a good win against a good team.

I think we will get three points from the next two games, and that won''t be enough, I fear.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Thank you Monica Lewinski.[;)]

[/quote]

lol very good

What''s the point in saying ''we''re still going down'' repeatedly? We have a chance, it is not over until it''s over. Are you hoping for a round of applause for being psychic if we do go down? Not exactly the sort of thing that is worth a fan saying.

you are of course talking cr*p. Yes we can beat Reading,  check record against top teams, Wolves for instance, am I making snese? So stop talking bull and let us more optimistic folk have our fun.  

[quote user="Marty"]you are of course talking cr*p. Yes we can beat Reading,  check record against top teams, Wolves for instance, am I making snese? So stop talking bull and let us more optimistic folk have our fun.  [/quote]

we will see.............. ( but i can tell you your wrong )

[/quote]

Of course it''s possible. Did you predict Preston 6 Cardiff 0? This league is very unpredictable and to pretend anything is a forgone conclusion is blinkered

[quote user="Mushroom"]I think we can and will beat Reading, I''m a realist and I know Reading won last night so will be taking momentum from that but Norwich City at Carrow Road against "the big teams" always put on a performance, especially under the floodlights. What I do worry about it getting ourselves into an even more promising position for the Charlton game. It seems once a team is mathematically relegated they have no pressure or fear, and they gave a good show last night only to be cruelly denied a good win against a good team. I think we will get three points from the next two games, and that won''t be enough, I fear.[/quote]

I''m less confident after their win last night.  If they''re running into form they''ll want to keep it going, and why would they need to rest players when there''s a 10 day break between the last game and the playoff semis? 

It''s on TV as well . . . we don''t often perform in front of the cameras (unlike our majority shareholder . . . ohhhh nooooooooooooo!!! I hadn''t even though about that . . . what''s the betting that someone will milk the occasion for all its worth, could be the last time Sky come calling for quite a while . . .) [:$][+o(]

[quote user="mystic megson is back "]

It''s on TV as well . . . we don''t often perform in front of the cameras (unlike our majority shareholder . . . ohhhh nooooooooooooo!!! I hadn''t even though about that . . . what''s the betting that someone will milk the occasion for all its worth, could be the last time Sky come calling for quite a while . . .) [:$][+o(]

[/quote]

I thought we have always done well in front of the cameras?

Forest away comes to mind, especially after Doherty (i think) getting sent off

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="mystic megson is back "]

[/quote]

I thought we have always done well in front of the cameras?

Forest away comes to mind, especially after Doherty (i think) getting sent off

[/quote]

we beat the dirty cheating scum on tele this season too

Have done this season. Not last season certainly. I''m thinking the QPR game, Grant''s last. Mind you as I recall the camermen filmed Naomi Campbell for longer than the game

[quote user="Marty"]you are of course talking cr*p. Yes we can beat Reading,  check record against top teams, Wolves for instance, am I making snese? So stop talking bull and let us more optimistic folk have our fun.  [/quote]

we will see.............. ( but i can tell you your wrong )

[/quote]I can tell you, you''re wrong

[/quote]

So, you state "We''re still going down" and then "Our only chance", therefore you are contradicting yourself.

Let''s see what the facts say :-

Home games against the top 6 -  P5 W3 D2 L0 F10 A4

Live games on Sky -   P2 W2 D0 L0 F4 A1

So there''s reasons to be positive. But of course if you want to those facts can be twisted or spun or even lied about to be negative. The choice is yours City fans?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So there''s reasons to be positive. But of course if you want to those facts can be twisted or spun or even lied about to be negative. The choice is yours City fans?

[/quote]

Who''s picking a fight now nutty?  Who do you say is lying?

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No one..  they are the facts! What do you make of them?

The way i see it is ... anything is possible.I think everyone here understands the frustrations of what has happened. But Monday night is not the time and place for a poisonous atmosphere to invade Carrow Road. Despite the no-shows and lack of commitment the whole place has to be behind the team from the first whistle. Ok if things go bad and with ten minutes to go it looks impossible fire away. I dont subscribe to the reasoning behind relegation will be good for us. Would rather be in the championship with a team of youth players and freebies than League 1. Its time to think of the immediate good of the club we love. Then hopefully there will be other days to publically voice concern about the long term future.

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No one..  they are the facts! What do you make of them?

[|-)]

Nothing is decided yet. I was pretty pessimistic until I saw today''s EDP. The position is that any two from EIGHT teams can occupy the remaining two "vacant" relegation berths - with Charlton already relegated. The eight are, in descending order, Watford (extremely unlikely, due to goal difference and 52 points), Blackpool (again unlikely with 52 points), Derby, Plymouth, Forest, Barnsley, City and Southampton. Gain six points form our remaining games and I feel we have a decent chance of survival, as several of our relegation rivals have to play each other. Lose or draw one game and we could well be down. The fight goes on!