Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Permanent signings

Below is a list of players currently on loan with us, in preparation for next season, after we''ve survived the drop this season, who would you like to see signed permanently?

For my money, I think Shackell, Mooney, Bertrand and Lee are absolute must haves - I think Gow would be a handy addition, but the rest, I can take or leave

Jason Shackell (on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers)
David Carney (on loan from Sheffield United)
Alan Gow (on loan from Rangers)
David Mooney (on loan from Reading)
Ryan Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea)
Adrian Leijer (on loan from Fulham)
Alan Lee (on loan from Crystal Palace)

Reckon if Reading don''t go up (and assuming we don''t go down) then we have no chance of signing Mooney.

Lee and Gow and Shacks are the key ones.

I''m working on the optimistic basis that we stay up - optimistic and foolish maybe, but optimistic nonetheless...

did I mention optimistic?

if you go down how you going be able to afford shackell??

we hardly going to give him away you know

Don''t think you have paid for him yet so sure we can come to an arrangement.  However I think regardless of where we are, he is going to want a crack at breaking into the Prem squad.

Lee has made a big thing about how he likes being near his family home so think we would have a chance, unless another team nearby wants him.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

First off - We''re not going to go down (optimism being the key word) - and second if he did come back, I would imagine, like most transfers in this day and age, the fee from City to Wolves was to be spread over a few years as well as being based on his appearances,  Wolves promotion, and any sell on etc.

It''s most likely therefore, we would forego any promotion clause and unpaid monies to date and it would probably work out in the long term almost like a free transfer to Wolves and back.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Don''t think you have paid for him yet so sure we can come to an arrangement.  However I think regardless of where we are, he is going to want a crack at breaking into the Prem squad.[/quote]

i dont, clear day light he has no chance of first team football here, think back to november he couldnt get into our side due to stearman and collins, collins is in reserves and not played since january and stearman hasnt started since christophe berra came. im sure we''ll beef up the defence somewhat in the summer (maybe craddock leaves)

shacks wont be at wolves next year, would anyone else want him maybe not?

no fee was confirmed at the time but what we heard that the deal was 600k-700k upfront, 200k if promoted, 100k if he plays 20+ games

i think you''ll need least 500k to purchase him back

you lot have any idea your end how much we paid for him?

[quote user="rjwc22"]Lee has made a big thing about how he likes being near his family home so think we would have a chance, unless another team nearby wants him.[/quote]

I think Lee would come to us in a heart beat, even if we were a League 1 team and hopefully do the job for us, Howard did for Leicester. However, as Wiz said, it''s whether we could afford him.

personally i think

09/10 season norwich are

Championship - you''ll sign him

League one - you wont

but thats just my opinion

[quote user="we8wba"]

personally i think

09/10 season norwich are

League one - you wont

[/quote]

I concur Dr we8wba.

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="we8wba"]

personally i think

09/10 season norwich are

League one - you wont

[/quote]

I concur Dr we8wba.

[/quote]

your welcome to him as long we get reasonable fee, looked nothing more than average, doesnt know how to use his right foot, the only thing he seemed to be good at was defensive headers

Based on what your board has been saying, sounds like you will have plenty of cash in the summer regardless!

I am pretty sure that the 700K for him up front would still have been payable over 2 or 3 seasons as this seems to be the way all deals are done now.  As such you have probably only paid about half of that so far.

I''m not sure if I shall be too concerned if we can''t afford any of them. After all we have lost enough games with all of them in the team, so as far as I''m concerned it''s a case of que sera, sera. We might find some better players by scouting around.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]I''m not sure if I shall be too concerned if we can''t afford any of them. After all we have lost enough games with all of them in the team, so as far as I''m concerned it''s a case of que sera, sera. We might find some better players by scouting around.[/quote]

And we have lost a lot more with them out of the team.

I agree that scouting the lower leagues in the hopes of finding a few more cody''s is the way forward and a return to the old NCFC model of find em young and sell em to fund the club is not the worst prospect in the world in these days of the loanees.

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we go down, we won''t sign one of those mentioned.....we''re broke![:(][/quote]

If we go down not only would these be off the menu but Marshall and anyone have decent left would walk too....

Go read the lead story on Carrowroad.net A chat with the chairman , gives you some idea of who will be here next season if we go down , it doesnt make for good reading.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Go read the lead story on Carrowroad.net A chat with the chairman , gives you some idea of who will be here next season if we go down , it doesnt make for good reading.
[/quote]

How depressing.  Thanks a shed load for that one!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]If we stay up can we afford Shackell (or indeed several of the others mentioned)?