Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Player of The Year

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]

Mr Sammy Clingan gets my vote!  Best player by far this season.

[/quote]

Clingan for me too, dont think people are too bothered however this year what with''s going on and all!

Clingan is the only real candidate. If Shackell had been here longer, he may have got it. To be honest though, I don''t really care & I''m sure nobody else does either!!

I think Nutty Nigel gets my vote.

Superb footwork in face of the opposition, exceptional body swerve taking him round most defences. His freekicks(bet) are a joy for all fans.

He is also a WORTHY character and is used to playing the part of a sweeper.

VOTE NUTTY[:D]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Only one candidate for me - it''s got to be OG.[/quote]

Second top scorer with 6 league goals from no starts - gets my vote too!  Mind you has been too anonymous in the too many games though - oh - but that goes for clingan and every other candidate too [;)]

Doc still gets my vote

For me it''s a toss up between Raymond De Waard or Fernando Develd! Seriously though, after this abysmal season it would be fitting if Doherty was awarded with player of the season. So when we look over the previous winners in years to come future canary fans can see just how incredibly sh!t we were!

Im sorry but given the fact we are days from relegation I dont think this post is deserving. Everyone involved with the club has failed except the fans.

My vote goes to Gary Doherty.

Taking our overall poor season out of it and just looking at him as an individual I think he has had a good season.

Bit of a shame there isn''t a bit more competition for him. Croft and Clingan have both had patches when they''ve faded out and you couldn''t really say the same for the Doc, he doesn''t go missing.

[quote user="GJP"]

Taking our overall poor season out of it and just looking at him as an individual I think he has had a good season.

Bit of a shame there isn''t a bit more competition for him. Croft and Clingan have both had patches when they''ve faded out and you couldn''t really say the same for the Doc, he doesn''t go missing.

[/quote]

Like many on here I can''t bring myself to even  be bothered to put pen to paper on this one, what a season we have had, an incompitent board who decided on an equally incompitent manager who got in  a load of crap rejects and what we are left with arn''t all ours, our top goal scorer don''t even belong to us and the rest have not even given me the slightest bit of hope. so who ever gets it I think he should give it to the fans, to be displayed in each stands bar for a couple on months in each we have played our part    

I think Doc should get it, then next year when he gets it again it would be three times, and a record, that would be silly :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think Doc should get it, then next year when he gets it again it would be three times, and a record, that would be silly :P[/quote]This year - yes; not next year, will be Hucks'' turn again.  [:D]

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]I''d agree with you there. It''s been such a poor season and it is really difficult to pick a candidate who had an excellent season...

my votes are either; Simon Lappin (for pure determination)or Spillane

There can only be 1 winner.   The man who''s goals have kept us up for this long.How fitting that he will be at Carrow Road on Monday, trouble is he will be in a Blue and White shirt.

Gary D''OHerty has to be it.  What other player has the distinction of anchoring the defense that gave us 2 relegations uninterrupted by promotion in 4 years?  Since he has been here, the team has gotten steadily worse, not through anything he has done in terms of players brought in or team selections, but he is the common thread.

Who cares. Just as long as they don''tcome out and do a "lap of dishonour" after the Reading game.....

1st: Ginger Pele. Always willing to stick his body on the line.

2nd: Sammy Clinghan. Always puts in a decent performance.

3rd: Lee Croft. Everything apart from final ball has been decent all season.

[quote user="Duffman"]There can only be 1 winner.   The man who''s goals have kept us up for this long.

How fitting that he will be at Carrow Road on Monday, trouble is he will be in a Blue and White shirt.

[/quote]

Damn you Duffman, you beat me to the punch.

I''d have to go for Klingon with Croft pushing him for number two. As for number three.....blimey. If Doherty really is POTS for the second time, I think it''ll show just how rubbish we''ve been over the past few seasons.

Clingans done nothing since Fulham came sniffing in Janaury.. can''t think why......

its got to be the Doc, he has saved us countless times this season and has been our best player by a long shot!

failing that "owen goals" his strikes have been vaulable this season and he netted again against Watford ;)

jas :)

Has a player, who no longer plays for the club ever won before....i.e Leroy Lita.

Also to add a twist, has a player ever won before, and been presented with the trophy whilst warming up for the opposition?

Im going to take a lunge and say NO

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="Duffman"]There can only be 1 winner.   The man who''s goals have kept us up for this long.

How fitting that he will be at Carrow Road on Monday, trouble is he will be in a Blue and White shirt.

[/quote]

Damn you Duffman, you beat me to the punch.

I''d have to go for Klingon with Croft pushing him for number two. As for number three.....blimey. If Doherty really is POTS for the second time, I think it''ll show just how rubbish we''ve been over the past few seasons.

[/quote]

It''s doubtful that he will be at Carrow Road - he hasn''t been in the Reading squad let alone the team for at least 4 matches including last night''s at Derby

The Doc - for getting on with the job in the face of all the abuse and Roeders chopping and changing. If only the other players with supposedly more talent were made of the same stuff. Make no mistake. He is the reason we are not below Charlton and still in with a shout.