Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Why are people whinging about Charlton tickets??

The club received 2500 written applications and all of them were successful, If people aren''t prepared to fill out a simple form and missed out on a ticket, I don''t understand what their complaint is??

Some people weren''t in the financial position to be buying tickets at that time. However, today, some people would have been able to afford the tickets when 800 were due to go on general sale. That is why, some people, are whinging.

the complaint is that the club said 800 tickets would go on sale today and they haven''t. Because of work i couldn''t commit to the Charlton game when the written applicatyions where due in, at the weekend i found out i am not working on that Sunday and could therefore go to the Charlton match (was going to take my son to his first away game). I then rang this morning and was told it was sold out, my first thought was fair enough, it was 9.30 when i rang so they had obviously sold out this morning only to read there had been none on sale anyway - this club needs to sort itself out, not only are we a disgrace on the pitch but we are a disgrace behind the scenes aswell[:@]

Sounds like the ticket office staff cocked-up somewhere along the line. If I had wished to go and had been told 800 tickets would be on general sale, only to discover that this was no longer the case, I would have been livid too. Sheer incompetence.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]The club received 2500 written applications and all of them were successful, If people aren''t prepared to fill out a simple form and missed out on a ticket, I don''t understand what their complaint is??[/quote]

I think the complaint is that many people would have applied but didn''t as they were told there was no need as there would be general sale tickets available.

I didn''t know whether I would be able to go to the game when the call for written apps was made. Nevertheless, I decided that a bird in the hand was  etc etc and applied anyway. I took the view that if, having received the tickets, it turned out that I couldn''t go then I would be able to return them to the club or sell them. The worse case scenario was that I would end up writing them off. Anyway I got my two tickets and we will be going.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]The club received 2500 written applications and all of them were successful, If people aren''t prepared to fill out a simple form and missed out on a ticket, I don''t understand what their complaint is??[/quote]

I think the complaint is that many people would have applied but didn''t as they were told there was no need as there would be general sale tickets available.

[/quote]

Well they were a bit silly then

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Retrospect is a wonderful thing isn''t it?

Besides, what a stupid comment. People were told not to apply late as 800 were going on sale Wednesday. So they werent ''a bit silly'', they were going on information provided by the outlet selling the tickets. Idiot.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Let''s hope there aren''t too many RiverEnders among the lucky 3000 - it will be like a massive wake! We need lots of noise in Sarf East Laarnden![/quote]let''s hope its like fulham (save the result), all standing all singing.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Besides, what a stupid comment. People were told not to apply late as 800 were going on sale Wednesday. So they werent ''a bit silly'', they were going on information provided by the outlet selling the tickets. Idiot.

[/quote]

Like I said earlier in the thread, I applied for my tickets the day that written apps were requested. I only have membership so i recognised that I was low down the pecking order of priority but I still got my tickets. Unwise of you to have ended your post with "idiot" it makes you look immature and silly.

I sent a written application in for tickets for myself and my son and was fortunately succesful but I do sympathise with those fans who''ve missed out - an apology from the ticket office wouldn''t go amiss. If they said "Sorry we cocked it up" I think people would accept that - everyone makes mistakes. Staying silent just makes people more annoyed.This has happened before in 1985 when tickets for the Ipswich Milk Cup semi-final were put on general sale and sold out before season ticket holders had a chance to claim their tickets. There was an uproar! I was one of those who missed out but after writing to the club to complain they did let me buy one of a small number of tickets which had been "kept back".

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Hoolahoop"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like I said earlier in the thread, I applied for my tickets the day that written apps were requested. I only have membership so i recognised that I was low down the pecking order of priority but I still got my tickets. Unwise of you to have ended your post with "idiot" it makes you look immature and silly.

[/quote]

I fail to agree with the latter part of your post. Your reply to "I think the complaint is that many people would have applied but didn''t as they were told there was no need as there would be general sale tickets available." was "Well they were a bit silly then". Either I''ve completely misunderstood what you''re trying to say, or I haven''t misunderstood because in fact it doesn''t make sense. Some people were unable to apply before the ''deadline'' (which now consequently wasn''t a deadline, because applications that arrived afterwards were accepted) for one reason or another, however were given a safety net by the club in being told that there were further tickets available.

This didn''t happen as the ''deadline'' that was in place, was ignored and fans that didn''t put a late app in becuase they were told not to worry have now missed out through a huge cock up. This is what the problem is. Hardly people being a bit silly, is it?

I''m a lifelong City supporter from Switzerland who comes over for around 3 to 5 home and away games in a season and I''m also a NCFC member. At the end of last week I booked my flights to London thinking that I''ll be able to get a ticket this Wed according to the info from the ticket office at the end of last week. On Mon I was really shocked and dissapointed when I checked the NCFC website and it said that all tickets had allready been allocated. I then sent the ticket office an e-mail and they replied swiftly writing that they were sorry but coulden''t do anything about the situation. I really hope that Charlton decide to allocate another 1000 or so seats for us Norwich supporters. It  would also make sense from Charlton''s point of view. I''m keeping my fingers crossed but still I''m really dissapointed by the announcements from the ticket office which will not just cost me quite a bit of money if I need to cancel my flights because I cannot get a ticket but also because I''ve been looking forward to the game for days now...  

[quote user="SwissCanary"]

I''m a lifelong City supporter from Switzerland who comes over for around 3 to 5 home and away games in a season and I''m also a NCFC member. At the end of last week I booked my flights to London thinking that I''ll be able to get a ticket this Wed according to the info from the ticket office at the end of last week. On Mon I was really shocked and dissapointed when I checked the NCFC website and it said that all tickets had allready been allocated. I then sent the ticket office an e-mail and they replied swiftly writing that they were sorry but coulden''t do anything about the situation. I really hope that Charlton decide to allocate another 1000 or so seats for us Norwich supporters. It  would also make sense from Charlton''s point of view. I''m keeping my fingers crossed but still I''m really dissapointed by the announcements from the ticket office which will not just cost me quite a bit of money if I need to cancel my flights because I cannot get a ticket but also because I''ve been looking forward to the game for days now...  

[/quote]

I am sorry to hear that so many Norwich fans have been disappointed. However, i don''t understand your thinking. Why would you book a flight to London on the off chance that you might be one of the lucky ones who gets to buy one of  the 800 tickets that we were being told on a first come first served basis ? Didn''t you think there was already a real risk you might not be successful ?

I was also advised by the Ticket Office that there would be tickets available Wednesday and ''not to worry'' about getting a written application in as they had over 800 spare tickets.  It would be good to know where those 800 actually went and whether written applications were still being processed after Monday 13th

[quote user="Nick.Mad"]I was also advised by the Ticket Office that there would be tickets available Wednesday and ''not to worry'' about getting a written application in as they had over 800 spare tickets.  It would be good to know where those 800 actually went and whether written applications were still being processed after Monday 13th[/quote]

. ..... but why would the ticket office say "don''t worry" when only another 800 tickets would go on open sale / Did they/you  think that there would only be another 800 people interested ? How many did we take to Fulham on that fateful last day ..... over 7000 wasn''t it !!!

Moan moan moan!!! Agree with the original poster. Everyone had about 3 weeks to write in and apply for tickets and all who did got them. END OF.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

I suppose it''s a bit like waiting for a bus only to find that when it arrives it''s full. Tough.

[/quote]No, it''s more like waiting for a bus, only to find that the bus doesn''t actually exist.And people are rightlfully annoyed about this because someone at the club has LIED to them about the availability of tickets