Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Dejan stefanovic

does anyone know how his recovery is going?

i feared at the time given his age (34 wasn''t it?) and the nature of the injury that we wouldn''t see him again.. but theres been no word from the club on how he is recovering or if he has had to jack the game in...

anyone know?

jas :)

With a year left on his contract and shackell unlikely to rejoin us if relegated he could be a key player next season...  I hope he does recover,   but at his age I fear its a lost cause tbh

I still think the pairing of him and doc will lack pace. 

In League 1 they might be good at dealing with the more physical opponents though.

I think the lack of pace has been more evident when full backs like Otsem and Betrand are too busy roaming forward to prevent pacey wingers from getting in their faces.

Doc is not slow but nor is he quick.  He is what you might call average (a technical term)

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I think the lack of pace has been more evident when full backs like Otsem and Betrand are too busy roaming forward to prevent pacey wingers from getting in their faces.

Doc is not slow but nor is he quick.  He is what you might call average (a technical term)

[/quote]that is a very good point, by looking after themselves further up the pitch they effectively let shackell and doc as it is atm do most of the defensive work (e.g running into the channels to win a ball,) this in turn leaves the centre back slots unmarked.perhaps with better full backs this wouldnt be an issue and the pace of doc wouldnt matter.

Does anyone believe for a minute that the Doc would be here next season?  Someone like Palace will throw in a 600K bid and we will bite their arms off.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

In League 1 they might be good at dealing with the more physical opponents though.

[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Does anyone believe for a minute that the Doc would be here next season?  Someone like Palace will throw in a 600K bid and we will bite their arms off.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote][/quote]If Palace would be willing to do that, why didn''t they just pick him up last season when he was out of contract ?

I remember reading an interview of Stefanovic a couple of months ago and he said he''s on the mend and getting better.

I''m sure Cam will be able to supply a link

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I remember reading an interview of Stefanovic a couple of months ago and he said he''s on the mend and getting better.

I''m sure Cam will be able to supply a link

[/quote]yeah i saw it in the EN.