Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

looking at the standings

everybody are talking about notts forest and barnsley are we forgeting plymouth if they loose there last 2 games they are right in the mix it could be them that go down  they have tough last 2 games would still mean NCFC needs 4 pts to be safe

anyone who can mathmatically go down should be worried, it is more than feasible for teams to lose 2 games, so if we get 6 points we will probably survive.

it is pointless to worry about too many potential results, we need to worry about our games and then see what fate brings us!

I too feel it is in our hands;   other sides will drop points over the next couple of weeks,   if we can pull 4/6 points out we will survive;   yes;  its unlikely and almost unprecedented this season but the players are good enough when THEY want to be...

As always with this shower of sh... squad it whether then can be bothered come match day.

yes we are good enough, our record against top teams is good, as for Charlton, well if we go into that game with our destination in our own hands screw it up then we deserve to go down.

I think if we get some results going our way on Saturday then we should go into Monday with a lot of confidence.

The facts remain the same as this time yesterday, we need to get results.

[quote user="Marty"]yes we are good enough, our record against top teams is good, as for Charlton, well if we go into that game with our destination in our own hands screw it up then we deserve to go down.[/quote]I''ve got a bad feeling about that game, it reminds me too much of our previous season in the Premiership. Say we go into that game with our destination in our own hands, does it sound familar already? last game of the season, destination in our own hands, away at a team with nothing to play for? all we need is a win.... was it 5 or 6-0 that day...

6.  Remember we had a very good first half despite going in 2-0 down!  We had two perfectly good penalties denied us, and there was a foul leading up to one of their goals.  The fight in us was not there in the 2nd half resulting in our well documented capitulation.  Surely the referees will even us up for the season at Charlton????

peole seem to be forgetting Southampton as well.. they arent relegated yet and still in with a chance... 2 decent results could see them jump out of the relegation zone and drag us and A N other down....

unlikely i know.. but not impossible and until they are confirmed as definately down they are going to believe they have a chance.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

peole seem to be forgetting Southampton as well.. they arent relegated yet and still in with a chance... 2 decent results could see them jump out of the relegation zone and drag us and A N other down....

unlikely i know.. but not impossible and until they are confirmed as definately down they are going to believe they have a chance.

[/quote]

Thanks jas, can''t believe that no one has mentioned that in all the recent discussions.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Good point jas

Derby would be nice.The Derby fans I work with say they were awful last night, if (and it is a huge if) they lose at home to Charlton on Saturday their confidence could be shot for the last game at Watford.

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]everybody are talking about notts forest and barnsley are we forgeting plymouth if they loose there last 2 games they are right in the mix it could be them that go down  they have tough last 2 games would still mean NCFC needs 4 pts to be safe[/quote]

I did post this on another thread but as it would suit to answer your question :-

May I offer a simple at-a-glance table of all the possible combinations whereas we can go above one of the teams above us :-

NORWICH.POSSIBLES.BARNSLEY
WW8WX. WL.XW.XX.XL.LW.LX.LL.
WX4XXXLLXLL    
WL3XLLXLL     
XW4XXXLLXLL    
XX1LL       
LW3XLLXLL     
  FOREST
WW6WLXXXLLW.LXLL  
WX3XLLXLL     
WL1LL       
XW3XLLXLL     
LW1LL       
  PLYMOUTH
WW4XXXLLXLL    
WX1LL       
XW1LL       
  BLACKPOOL
WW1LL       

TOTAL44        

As can be seen there are a total of 44 result sequences that can see us safe. The two match combination for City are on the left whilst the relevant required sequences for our rivals on the right. So if  we get only two draws "XX" then we can still overtake Barnsley if they lose both games "LL".

Hope this is of help.