Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Nick Davey being released?

Why, he is the best academy striker we have since Chris Martin. Scored 7 in 14 goals this season.

Where does it say he is being released?! If this is true, it''s a huge shock!

Because Danny Kelly''s face fits, and again its why I have now stopped watching the Academy, its a joke

To be honest Birdman, it seems like your a good friend or family to Davey judging by how strongly you feel about the player and situation. He seems a decent player although nothing more, Kelly provides more attributes needed for the modern game such as strength etc, admitadly not as a striker at the moment anyway. Also how do u no he is being released when he is still being played by the academy and nothing at all has come out of the club regarding this?

I would, however agree with you about faces having to fit with the academy. It seems to me like its not what you know its who you know with norwich who are more interested in size and stature rather than natural skill, which given the modern game may be the way they have to do it. Also all the players i have come across seem very arrogant and in love with themselves, whether this is the academy or not i dont know.

Maybe you think it is because of the Glenn Hoddle reference in the Pink''un article. If people are unaware of this, his academy is a training facility in Spain for released players from British clubs and they try to find them another employer on the continent. I read this as well and feared he would be released. I am from the same area as Nick so know a bit about him. I heard a rumour that he was released 2 months ago due to attitude issues but then was brought back because injuries to other youth players and has impressed and improved significantly on his return. In reply to Rusty, i was under the impression that Davey was the stronger on the ball of the two strikers. I have only seen them a couple of times so I can''t comment too confidently.

In fairness Boothroyd was very close to being appointed but turned down the offer over the length of the contract.

I know most of the families as when you watch the Academy there are not many people there and you soon work out who is the parents. Nick was told a few months ago that he was not going to get a pro along with David Cooper, Nick stayed at the club and got back in the team when Renton was loaned to Lynn, David decided to move on with his life and I believe he has enrolled in college.