Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Taking the cheapest option....maybe not the cheapest?

Now that we''re all delighted to see Roy Keane appointed Ipswich manager [:|] i think it''s important to realise something, although you probably have already.We''ve appointed within a short amount of time - Grant, Roeder, and Gunn. Now, essentially these are seen as the ''cheaper'' alternative, certainly applies to the last one. However, all three managers have failed (although slightly harsh on Gunn, i do not think many managers could have done much better, but who knows?) to an extent, and it could cost us our place in the Championship, and the money associated with it, also. Cheaper option? I don''t think so.Now, although thats obvious, what''s also important to realise is the fact that the amount we''ve paid to get Grant and Roeder, and pay of contracts, totals up to enough for us to hire a decent manager, most probably. So although the board have looked for the ''cheap'' option, it may have actually cost us alot more.It''s so frustrating to see your rivals take the initiative, and sack their manager before he has a chance to perform badly the next season, and replace him with, if i''m honest, an improvement at the very least.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Does this mean that we might get Magilton on the cheap for next season?[/quote]Don''t talk it up.