Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Video of all of the bad decisions.

Why doesn''t the club quickly commission a video on all of the decisions that have gone against us in the last few weeks and make it public that they are sending it to the Football League? If nothing else imagine the pressure it would place on the refs in the last two games not to do the same? Durso, the Sheff Wed game, Birmingham, Binners all with major , point reducing , incompetent refereeing.

We could say we are doing it to support the drive for Video Evidence.

Get over it.  It''s just another example of the "poor little Norwich" mentality that makes it difficult to be proud of my club at the moment. 

These things even themselves out.  Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty decision in stoppage time.  If we stay up and they go down we won''t be complaining about that will we?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Good point about video evidence though.[/quote]

Is there a video of the crowd shouting Chase out, that was the first one!!

The problem is that most neutral fans will think that virtually all (if not all) of the decisions are dubious. It''s not as if we''ve scored a goal that''s been ruled out as the ref didn''t think it crossed the line. Most of my non-Norwich friends who have seen the incidents on TV or on the web aren''t entirely convinced that we''ve been hard done by!

How on earth was the Coventry pen debatable?? That was a deliberate blatant handball from Kozluk, my only surprise was he didnt get a red card !!!!! 

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]How on earth was the Coventry pen debatable?? That was a deliberate blatant handball from Kozluk, my only surprise was he didnt get a red card !!!!! [/quote]

True I haven''t seen it but nor did the ref apparently.  He gave a corner then the lino overruled, according to match report.

Saw it on SSN defo penalty, the ref must be blind, good spot by the lino tho, i think he deserves a pint Canary cherub, or two!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and the whole point of it is???????

we wont get any points back.. so it matters little.

jas :)

[/quote]

I think you may have missed the point somewhere along the Young Jas.

Never mind GPB, at least you got a ''get over it'' response. Always qualifies for 5 points. Now you need a ''Muppet'' worth 10 points at least!

[quote user="canary cherub (formerly mysti. . . oh never mind) "]

Get over it.  It''s just another example of the "poor little Norwich" mentality that makes it difficult to be proud of my club at the moment. 

These things even themselves out.  Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty decision in stoppage time.  If we stay up and they go down we won''t be complaining about that will we?

Not entirely sure how this has anything to do with a poor little norwich mentality. In fact I''m not even sure what this is?

Does anyone recall a certain Mr Worthington openly asking for protection for his players at Wolves in the play off semi final? Any one recall the first few decisions? Worked like a charm. Pressure on the officials has been a part of the game for years. Ask Sir Alex

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Never mind GPB, at least you got a ''get over it'' response. Always qualifies for 5 points. Now you need a ''Muppet'' worth 10 points at least![/quote]

I know . You would think I''d learn. One of them says Get over it (not quite sure what IT is) and another (who seems to feel it obligatory to respond to every post) says we wont get any points back!

I really should get a life.

Muppet.

[quote user="canary cherub"]

[/quote]

Well said that cherub.

We are where we are because we''re crap.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Every club in the league would be at it. Ferguson and Wenger would fill a truckload between them.[/quote]

But you''ve shot yourself in the foot there because it blatantly works for both of them. How many times do referees swing their decisions towards ManYoo''s or the dirty Arsenal''s favour?

(canary cherub said: " Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty

decision in stoppage time.  If we stay up and they go down we won''t be

complaining about that will we?")

No and nor should Barnsley - according to the radio report it was a clear pen. GPB

was making the point that there have been a heck of a lot of wrong

decisions against us - hasn''t Gunn said the ref called him after the

Shef Weds game to apologise for disallowing Mooney''s goal? Wasn''t a

Doherty red card later overturned because he was shown to have played the ball? (I ask

because I begin to wonder how much of this season I''ve dreamt). Whether

wrong decisions puts any pressure on other referees is another matter -

personally I doubt it. Such a compilation would be of interest to a lot

of fans though! Yes bad referee decisions are a fact and most teams

suffer through the season. But as GPB implies, we have had more than

our fair share and as we are not mid-table mediocrity; these things

matter. I for one would welcome video evidence - even if captains were

allowed to call for it a maximum of, say, two instances during a match.

These would probably need to be restricted to goal disputes, penalties

or sending off situations.

it would make interesting viewing. I also think there is something in it. a little bit of mind games with refs who would no doubt know the decisions people are talking about.It beggers belief that games with so much riding on them are ruined by terrible decisions... i know there is an arguement that these decisions are part of the ''fun'' of the game but with so much money at stake i think modern technology has to be implemented.

[quote user="Binky"](canary cherub said: " Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty

No and nor should Barnsley - according to the radio report it was a clear pen. GPB

Doherty red card later overturned because he was shown to have played the ball? (I ask

or sending off situations.[/quote]managers should be given one a game. two is one too many... the problem is the fluidity of the game could be stopped... say both managers use their 2 stoppages, thats 4 in the game. one each works as it gives managers some power and also, it adds to the game... do they dare use their one video decision at that point? are they sure it will over turn a decision?  it''s a great idea. -as for the o-p i think it''s worth doing.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Binky"](canary cherub said: " Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty

or sending off situations.[/quote]managers should be given one a game. two is one too many... the problem is the fluidity of the game could be stopped... say both managers use their 2 stoppages, thats 4 in the game. one each works as it gives managers some power and also, it adds to the game... do they dare use their one video decision at that point? are they sure it will over turn a decision?  it''s a great idea. [/quote]Maybe - the number allowed would need a lot of debate and comment from those who are more involved int he game than the likes of me. Not sure I accept the fluidity of the game argument entirely - there are already plenty of stoppages for injuries, and substitutions etc. But if you had a maximum of two a match, there could also be a season limit of an average of one a match or even less.- that way managers would not exercise the right needlessly. As you say the game is all about money now - and for that reason alone I think those with the money and the power will effect its introduction within the next ten years at most.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Binky"](canary cherub said: " Barnsley were denied 3 points last night by a controversial penalty decision in stoppage time.  If we stay up and they go down we won''t be complaining about that will we?")

No and nor should Barnsley - according to the radio report it was a clear pen. GPB was making the point that there have been a heck of a lot of wrong decisions against us - hasn''t Gunn said the ref called him after the Shef Weds game to apologise for disallowing Mooney''s goal? Wasn''t a Doherty red card later overturned because he was shown to have played the ball? (I ask because I begin to wonder how much of this season I''ve dreamt). Whether wrong decisions puts any pressure on other referees is another matter - personally I doubt it. Such a compilation would be of interest to a lot of fans though! Yes bad referee decisions are a fact and most teams suffer through the season. But as GPB implies, we have had more than our fair share and as we are not mid-table mediocrity; these things matter. I for one would welcome video evidence - even if captains were allowed to call for it a maximum of, say, two instances during a match. These would probably need to be restricted to goal disputes, penalties or sending off situations.[/quote]

managers should be given one a game. two is one too many... the problem is the fluidity of the game could be stopped... say both managers use their 2 stoppages, thats 4 in the game. one each works as it gives managers some power and also, it adds to the game... do they dare use their one video decision at that point? are they sure it will over turn a decision?  it''s a great idea.

-as for the o-p i think it''s worth doing.
[/quote]

ball hits the bar.. bounces down and is cleared up field.. a striker at the other end finds himself one on one with the keeper and a manger calls for a "review of play" decision.... it then discovered the first chance did not cross the line...

this equates to cheating... the striker at the other end is going to be livid as he as clean through on goal.. how do you restart the game? with a drop ball after he wa clean through to score?

what it needs is a light behind the goal annd a sensor in the ball.. if all theball crosses all of the line the light goes green.. see ice hockey for an example.

jas :)

that''s a great idea for goals, however it''s stuff like Doc getting sent off when he shouldn''t have been, and ippers pen that again shouldn''t have been. perhaps video replays can only be used when a ref has made a decision that has stopped the game. - that way, you won''t have the issue that Binky raised. It has to happen at some point.... both actually should happen at some point. 

A video of Delia buying the club , the biggest bad decision this club ever made.