Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

We Will Survive!!!

Going to make my prediction now ahead of the last 2 games.I think we will do it. Barnsley will lose to Wolves and then they have to fight it out with Plymouth on the last day. Hoping Plymouth lose to QPR on saturday that then leaves them 2 to fight it out. This could be good news for us.All we have to do is beat Reading and Charlton!!!Doable, im going to Charlton so im trying to keep positive. Of course that could all change come monday night 9.45pm.

Blackpool and Derby still arent safe either. The last day could see a few teams finish on 52 points, so goal difference could save us.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Thats the spirit![/quote]

Yeah, lets all look forward to another season of Smith, struggels and zero ambition plus Doncaster led prudence..........I can''t wait!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Doesn''t matter what other people do- we will not win on Monday.
[/quote]

That is not the spirit.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Thats the spirit![/quote]

Yeah, lets all look forward to another season of Smith, struggels and zero ambition plus Doncaster led prudence..........I can''t wait!

[/quote]

You know you love it really Wiz!  What would you have to complain about otherwise?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Doesn''t matter what other people do- we will not win on Monday.[/quote]come on lets be postive, we always do well against Reading, i think we''ll win monday.

[quote][quote]Doesn''t matter what other people do- we will not win on Monday.[/quote]come on lets be postive, we always do well against Reading, i think we''ll win monday.[/quote]If I''m honest I think this club is getting what it deserves (not the fans). I am past hope, we had a chance to get out of it just like we did last season. A chance to pull away from that pack but there is no winning mentality at the club.When you start hearing that the word relegation hasn''t been mentioned it is no wonder the team arent putting the effort in- everyone is burying their heads in the sand and staying positive... well it''s time to get real, feel the preasure and do something about it. In fact it was time to do that in January and for once the board acted... but then didn''t see the job through.

I did the BBC predictor and had us going down by three points! Nearly spat my drink out until I realised I''d entered the Charlton - Norwich score incorrectly! When I put my actual prediction in, we stayed up on goal difference with Barnsley occupying the unlucky third relegation spot.

IMO- barnsley to draw 1-1 with wolves, forest to beat blackpool, QPR to beat plymouth and we''ll get a point v reading.

That will mean the table going into the final day will be:

I cant see us beating charlton so a point will have to do and that will mean relegation. Oh well :(

I think that at least one of the teams in the mix will lose both of their last 2 games and that is going to open it all up.  Unless that one team is us and if it is to be honest do not think we would deserve to stay up.

If the team cannot get motivated and put in performances for these last two games then we are not good enough for the division.

I actually think the late penalty at Coventry will be the turning point in our season......if Plymouth lose at the weekend they will want to beat Barnsley on the last day.......we HAVE to  be positive..............IF we o down we have a whole preseason to feel miserable and complain........

If we Win on Monday we will stay up, i cant see Charlton bothering too much on the last day, it depends if they like us or not, i also cant see Barnsley and at least one other team from the other 2/3 wining both there game, Barnsley could lose both, and then we only need the one win, i really hope we win on Monday, then we will be fine :D

Charlton are playing and getting better results now than they have all season and they beat us at Carrow Road when they were utter crap .

The bottom line is we NEED to win both our games. If we do then there are enough scenarios that would guarantee safety that one of them would HAVE to come to pass.

Basically,if we get 6 more pts,and both Barnsley and Plymouth drop points on Saturday,then,barring a mathematical miracle,we are safe.

good call , but i think barnsley will lose both remaining fixtures , i said a month ago barnsley are slipping up.

that means we need one win as forest will beat southampton .

wolves will want the championship wrapped up as winners , and plymouth will want to win in front of thier fans on the last game .

perfect...

Unfortunately, i can see us beating Reading and playing really well, then going to Charlton and losing 3-0. It would sum up our season in 2 games.